Next Thread
Print Thread
Keladry Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
dance Another story, life is good.

"Who's Ben?" Maria asked.
"My twin brother." Allynda picked up the receiver.
"Marta's new friend, Allynda, is one of us."
So Ally's a super kid, I wonder about her brother.

More soon please. grovel

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY!

More Nan-fic!

Ally *and* Ben! WOOHOO!

More soon Nan!
Carol

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Yeah! More Nan-fic. hyper

So many questions "Middle School" and "Degrees" open with? Who is Allynda Myers? Is she a half-sister of Linda (with those freckles) or perhaps Valerie (with that dark hair?) What is with the non-biological father kipnapping her? Possible Bureau 39 connection? If she is Linda's half-sister, does she realize that the Kent children are half Kryptonian, the same way Linda senses her background?.... hmmm and of course what is Susie going to try for revenge?

Wonder stuff as usual Nan. Please post again very very very soon!

Kerth
Kerth
Hah! Thought so! Looking forward to more, and to meeting the elusive Ben.

You must have had an amazingly prolific christmas - all I wrote was one short story and a couple of drabbles.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
New Nan story!

Off to a great start -- the ending was less than a surprise, but still interesting. How are they going to broach the issue? "Hey, did you know you're half Kryptonian?" Though I suppose she'll have noticed some development by now...

write more post more

PJ
who has a crappy keyboard on this netbook

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sending you the same message I'm putting in all my comments tonight:

More, more, more!

Excellent fic so far! You've set up a good plot and you left us on a (minor) cliffhanger - "Allynda is one of us!"

I want more story. Soon. Please.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I figured that Ally was one of them. I'm guessing she probably knows who they are too. Can't wait for more, this is one of my favorite series.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay, more Dagger! Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
More Dagger! *yay*

I can't wait to find out what this will be about wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Loved this whole story, especially the last line. And, even though it's not quite unexpected, it had me laughing out loud.

Anyway, there is a little mystery to be solved. What about Allynda's twin brother? Is he half-Kryptonian, too? After all, it is possible that two different eggs get fertilized by different men, resulting in fraternal twins with *different* fathers.

Another question is about Ally's not-quite biological father - or is he? Is there another Kryptonian living on Earth?

"That was when my mom and dad got divorced," Allynda explained. "Mom got custody, and my dad grabbed me, and we spent the next year moving all over the country, hiding from Mom and the police. It wasn't much fun."
So, her dad didn't grab Allynda's brother Ben? How so?

"Likewise," Linda said. "I already heard about what happened at lunch. Nice going."

"That sure got around fast," Allynda said.
Fast as a thought... wink

Allynda frowned for a moment, and then her eyes widened. "You said your dad's name is Clark. Is he *Clark Kent*? The guy that works for the Daily Planet?"
Isn't she rather young to read all Clark's work? And how comes she isn't at all interested in asking for his writing partner? It might have occurred to Ally to inquire after Lois. On the other hand, maybe she suspects something about Clark, thereby figuring that there's probably more to Marta and CJ, too.

"We've got a houseful right now," he informed her.

"Wyatt and Linda are here?"

"Yeah. And Marta's got two friends as well -- Maria Hernandez and somebody I don't recognize are up in the playroom with her. They seem to be working on some kind of report about frogs." He tilted his head, listening. "South American tree frogs."
Uh-oh, I just hope Ally didn't happen to overhear all of that... eek If nothing else, this would be a dead give-away.

"Dad." CJ was behind him when he turned, looking uncharacteristically serious. "I have something for you. Linda gave it to me. It's important."

"Sure. What is it?"

He extended a hand, and to Clark's surprise, he was holding a piece of ordinary notebook paper. He took the paper, and read the line of Linda Lennox's neat handwriting at the top of the page.

"Marta's new friend, Allynda, is one of us."
Really clever, all things considered. Linda and CJ obviously didn't dare say it aloud, and they were even afraid of using telepathy.

P.S.: It's also nice to hear that Valerie regards Alex as 'just' her brother without elaborating about his (rather late) adoption. Looks like he really is accepted into the family. thumbsup

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another Dagger! hyper

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
While I love the Nightfall series.... Dagger is at such an interesting point, with it able to step aside and focus on the kids, loving these stories, =)

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard