========================

TOC for Be My Friend, Lover

========================

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cute. I'm really glad they cleared up their misconceptions.

This bothers me a little, though.
Honey,” Clark said softly, confidently as Lois quieted. “Are you finished now? May I talk? When I said ‘I love you’, I meant I *do* love you but don’t want to push you further right now because you’ve been through a lot more than me and needed time. I won’t deny that I was a bit apprehensive about your feelings. But if you think I can forget the past two years, especially the way you’ve looked at Superman – me – then you are wrong. You see, I just realized that I needed someone like you to give me a starry-eyed look to keep me on my toes. That look – whoa – it’s like a battery.” He grinned to bring a smile on her face by his feeble attempt at a joke, but earned a smack on his chest. “Great! Recharges me.”
I understand he's trying to make a joke to lighten the situation. And he's trying to make Lois feel better about herself. That's sweet.

But honestly, if he expects Lois to continue to look "starry-eyed" at him, he's got another thing coming! That's not real love.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
*smiles*

Yay, CG! I'm happy that all ended well with them! Please make sure you do the epilogue! smile

~Kel

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
Sara
But honestly, if he expects Lois to continue to look "starry-eyed" at him, he's got another thing coming! That's not real love.
I'm sort of glad you brought that up. blush Actually, this Lois is slightly different from the one we usually see. I hope people, and psychoanalysts, don't mind her being this way.

In my story, Lois says:
You’ll always wonder if I loved you for you or for being Superman.
She's feeling insecure that her feelings for Superman might stand in their way, even though they were genuine from her point of view. Clark's reassuring her that he's okay with her love for Superman (hey, it's for him!) by making light of this issue that's resting heavy on her heart. (He did not, nor would he ever, make light of the love between them.)
Had she tried to defend herself and said something like, 'Hell, Clark. Don't doubt my feelings for Superman because he's, after all, you!' then probably Clark would have to have dealt with it differently. But, the Lois here is already in despair, and didn't need Clark piling up accusations on her of giving Superman starry-eyed looks.

You see, I just realized that I needed someone like you to give me a starry-eyed look to keep me on my toes. That look – whoa – it’s like a battery.” He grinned to bring a smile on her face by his feeble attempt at a joke, but earned a smack on his chest. “Great! Recharges me.”

“Clark!” Another smack.
And, he did get smacked for his joke.

Besides, you can't deny he didn't like all that hero-worship from his one true love. Heck, he did come back for more again, and again.

I hope you're convinced... blush

CG
------------

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Again with the WOW and THANK YOU!!

Great story. So dang sweet and I like this Lois. Of course she'd have the insecurity of thinking that Clark could get 'anyone' because well, it's kind of true. Loved how Clark 'reassured' her also!

Thank you again for taking my too specific fic requirements and giving me a wonderful ficcie! Next time I'll make it a little bit more vague, LOL. I do love Top Copy reveals though and I wrote my own All Shook Up reveal for this ficathon, LOL.

I think I'm going to go read it again.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well done, Coolgirl! smile Totally loved Perry in the first part. hehehe! Definitely not editor because he can yodel, huh? *giggles*

And I have to agree Valentine's Day is certainly a nice holiday. ...at least it is in nice waffy fics. laugh

thumbsup

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nice ending, Coolgirl! And an nfic epilogue wouldn't hurt! laugh

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was really sweet.
To me, the ending was just about perfect! smile1

Lois smiled sleepily. “What are going to do while I’m asleep?”

He smiled back. “Watch you?”

“Hold me?”

“Always.”
I love this. love

I hope to see that eNpilogue.

Bob

C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
Thanks for the loads of feedback.

Sara
Cute. I'm really glad they cleared up their misconceptions.
Thanks. smile Hope you didn't mind my little clarification up there.

Squirky
Please make sure you do the epilogue!
Ann
And an nfic epilogue wouldn't hurt! [Big Grin]
bobbart
I hope to see that eNpilogue.
That was probably a rash statement from me. blush But I will still try to post one. smile

Lara
Totally loved Perry in the first part.
Thanks, I loved writing him in this story.

And,
bellarata
Thank you again for taking my too specific fic requirements and giving me a wonderful ficcie!
It's probably easier writing a specific fic than a vague one, IMHO, because half the story is already given in the requirements. laugh
I think I'm going to go read it again.
Oh!
I've said this to many authors, but this is the first time someone has said this to me. Thanks a lot, bella. smile This one comment made my day.

CG
------------

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He wanted to nuzzle at the place where her neck and her shoulders met and keep on inhaling her unique aroma-therapeutic fragrance.
That line’s so great wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Great story. I absolutely loved this bit. You nailed it perfectly.

With an adorable mixture of handsomeness and clumsiness, he’d been somebody who always fought with her and yet when required, fought for her. He made mistakes, but was man enough to admit them. He was the only one who’d stood up to her as easily as he stood by her; the only man whom she called every night just to hear his voice before going to sleep... He had sneaked into her heart like a thief without meaning to, and she’d fallen for him without wanting to.

C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
Thanks, Michael. smile

And Yay! New Reader. Thanks Female Hawk. smile

CG
------------

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I loved this part. I particularly liked the beginning with Clark's thoughts about his feelings for Lois. It was beautifully written.

And the end where Lois asks him to hold her was just so sweet.

C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
I know it's been a looong time... but I just wanted to tell any reader who remembers this fic that if they're interested they can find the eNpilogue in the NFanfic boards. blush

Thanks again for the FDKs. And thanks, anonpip smile

CG
------------

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard