Print Thread
#59640 01/10/09 11:10 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sonja!

Intriguing title. Can't wait to get around and read this. (will be a few day, though frown )

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#59641 01/11/09 06:17 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Very fun!

Christmas in July indeed wink .

Carol

#59642 01/11/09 07:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*giggles* not even halfway through, but this is so much fun so far! smile (on with random comments as I read...)

Yes, sugar should only ever come in the form of chocolate, I agree! hehehe!

The banter is just so excellent in this. Well done!!

omg seriously, green K in the candy canes? that's like...so evil! *lol*

LOL! You have folcs posing as s kind of oompa-loompa? /dies!

Hee! He's from Gotham? May I squee? hee!!! ...he sort of sounds like an odd version of Penguin mixed with Joker... I'm probably missing who it is that he really is (and I don't mean Willy Wonka...) - he's not Mxy...whatever you spell that, is he?? Couldn't be, he's not from Gotham. OK, back to reading...

OMG! The Grinch? hahaha! I love it!! laugh

Hee! This was seriously loads of fun! smile Thanks for sharing!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#59643 01/11/09 07:38 AM
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
LOL! This fic was very funny!

#59644 01/11/09 08:47 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*dies* OMG! This was hilarious!!! LOVED IT!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#59645 01/11/09 10:13 AM
Columnist
Columnist
clap clap clap clap

I love it! Thank you so much, Sonia! Hooray for lots of candy canes! And the Thelevision! laugh

This was such a fun story, and I have to admit that when I said I didn't want reindeer dung unless absolutely necessary, I was kind of curious to see if someone would find a way to work it in so I loved the 'byproduct' stuff. wink

Most of all, I think I loved that it was set in an very hot day in July. As I'm currently sitting cuddled up to my space heater wearing a crazy amount of layers, I appreciated reading about the heat.

#59646 01/11/09 12:08 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This story was so funny! I could just picture the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka as I was reading. Your FoLCs cracked me up, too.

Amber

#59647 01/11/09 12:43 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This was hilarious!

The dialogue in the beginning was wonderful. Thee was hilarious, too. (His company reminds me of See's Candy.) The puce-colored folcs were so funny, particularly since Clark wasn't sure if they were getting in his way or just enjoying his presence.

I totally missed what the reindeer byproduct was until I read the feedback, maybe because I eat vegetarian too often to wonder what "byproduct" would be.

Elisabeth

#59648 01/11/09 02:28 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
O_O Wow. Just, wow. Loved the story. Thee kept me baffled the whole time. I kept seeing parallels to movies.. Willy Wonka and Santa Claus: The Movie. I wasn't expecting the Grinch, though! Kryptonite in candy canes.. poor Clark!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#59649 01/12/09 04:24 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sonia, you've outdone yourself - this story was brilliant! clap

The way you describe things makes me feel like I'm there.

I also loved the dialogue between Lois and Clark; all their interactions were funny and clever and so in character. Clark stayed rational and upbeat, even with the poisoning and very adorably ignored Lois' sarcasm.

I started to quote my favorite lines and ended up reposting too much of the story, but it's all wonderful!

This one I couldn't resist - it sums up so well why I'm a FoLC:
“That’s not candy,” Lois retorted. “That’s a waste of sugar.”

Clark smirked at the confections in the box. Inside were two individually wrapped candy canes, each decorated with a bow. “Candy doesn’t always come in chocolate,” he said.

“Well it should.”
He knows her so well and teases her. She grouses about it, but secretly loves it.

Loved the hilarious Ralph cameo and the movie references. Was there a 'Miracle on 34th Street' reference in there as well? I also loved the way you worked in both Arkham and Willy Wonka.

BTW, I've always wanted to be an oompa-loompa...

#59650 01/12/09 09:06 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sonia, this is wonderful and SO imaginative! clap clap

I just had to note this part:
“Candy doesn’t always come in chocolate,” he said.

“Well it should.”
You see, I am not a chocoholic. Once when I was on a business trip to Melbourne, Australia a few years ago, I noticed that at most of the restaurants that we used, the desserts were almost exclusively chocolate.

After a few weeks of this (it was a long trip) while looking at a dessert menu I complained that there weren't enough non-chocolate choices. My friend Joe turned to me and provided the following insight...

There are two kinds of desserts. Those that are chocolate, and those that should have been chocolate.

Given that everyone else in my family thinks this premise is truly one of the foundational principles of the Universe, I keep my non-chocolate opinions to myself now.

Bob

#59651 01/13/09 11:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm glad you liked the fic and that my humor wasn't lost in translation. I definitely had fun with it. I'm thankful that you guys found my many movie references, lol.

There are a couple of good things that come out of finally being finished with the story--I can now read the others on the board!

I'm not personally a follower of the cult of chocolate, but it seemed that Lois could certainly be. I tend to like candy canes... (in moderation, of course).

And yes, Thee's Candies was a play off of See's. The packages probably would look quite similar too wink

Thanks again!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
#59652 02/01/09 03:29 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Okay, I am terribly behind in reading, so I'm just getting to this now. I just wanted to let you know, Sonia, that this was incredibly cute. I loved the Clark/Lois banter!

#59653 02/01/09 06:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How did I miss this one? It must have been holiday madness. Very cute. Lots of giggles. Loved it. laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard