Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
I haven't read the story yet, but I'll edit this when I do. In the meanwhile, just so that I can keep the TOC up to date, please leave feedback here.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Poor Lois! She was making quite decent pancakes for herself in 'Back to the Future', wasn't she? Now she is back to a being a person whose mere presence in a kitchen constitutes a public health hazard!

Uh....

“Mrs. Inedible.”
Groan!!! Poor Lois! Okay, but it was funny!

But those prankster twins, Jack and Jim, should have their mouths washed out with soap for making their poor Mom bake cookies with soap in them! (Did you ever read Tintin as a child, Mellie? If so, did you read the story where Tintin goes to the moon? The two crazy detectives, Dupond and Dupont, suddenly grew long rainbow-colored hair and started burping bubbles out of their mouths as if they were some sort of bubble-bath machines!)

In this picture, most of the Dupondts' hair has disappeared and their mouths have stopped bubbling, but still... wink

[Linked Image]

But the Kent family ended up giving each other two adult Russian Blue cats and six kittens!!!! Aaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!! sloppy

Okay, I think there are only five of them here, but aren't they cute?

[Linked Image]

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Read all three of these smile .

Very sweet, but FOURTEEN! Oh my wink . And Dh thinks we have our hands full with 4.

Very sweet smile .

Carol

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Read all three of these smile .

Very sweet, but FOURTEEN! Oh my wink . And Dh thinks we have our hands full with 4.

Very sweet smile .

Carol

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
argh - every other click is taking eons for me...
/sigh/

Loved them all - very sweet smile .

but FOURTEEN! Oy! Dh thinks we've got our hand full with four...

Carol [it finally went through but stupid flood protection...]

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks to you two for your lovely feedback!

Ann:
[/quote]Poor Lois! She was makking quite decent pancakes for herself in 'Back to the Future', wasn't she? Now she is back to a being a person whose mere presence in a kitchen constitutes a public health hazard![/quote] Didn't I state that the pancakes were one of the few things Lois managed to make? Uh, obviously not. Well, at least that's what I had in mind, really. I don't really know right now if I mentioned it in the original or not, though. frown Sorry about that. (I really could have used a br, huh?)

Did you ever read Tintin as a child, Mellie?
No, but I watched a few episodes of the animated series. Anyway, right now, I can't remember this particular story, though.

But the Kent family ended up giving each other two adult Russian Blue cats and six kittens!!!! Aaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!! sloppy
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's actually *four* adults so far - after all, Jack and Jim happened to get the same present for their parents as Lara and Kris... Only they haven't made an appearance yet.

Okay, I think there are only fice of them here, but aren't they cute?
Yes, they are, although they are not Russian Blues. (RBs have green eyes and are purely grey - not a hint of tabby.)

Carol: Glad you liked it!

Very sweet, but FOURTEEN! Oh my [Wink] . And Dh thinks we have our hands full with 4.
Well, your husband doesn't have super powers, either...

Carol [it finally went through but stupid flood protection...]
Maybe the flood protection isn't as stupid as it seems? /me points at triple post above

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I loved all three, =) I was finally able to access he forum since my timed-out-but-apparently-went-through post on Coin....

I love kitties... my grandma has two she thinks are Russian Blues (they are the babies of a stray that hung around her house though so I doubt it...)

*points at avatar* that is my kitty-boy...

And I'll agree with the others... *14*?! lol... Trask was right! The Kryptonians *are* taking over the world... by breeding like rabbits....

Sara "Lieta"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
this was great! Loved Lois and her clueless cooking habits. Fantastic job! And aww, not I want a russian blue kitty cat! But I think seven dogs and two cats is more than enough for me,

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
This reminds me of the Christmas that James and I bought each other the same gift. Being as cheap as we are, we just returned the others and said, "Ch-ching! Cheap Christmas!"

How about this for russian blues: http://www.russianblue.info/bluecats/images/RB_sm.jpg

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Yeah, this looks like a Russian Blue. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Blogger
Blogger
I haven't read my story yet frown , but LaraJoelle knows why. I'll be back ASAP with lots of feedback!

Blogger
Blogger
By now, she was a grandmother with not one, not two, but three grandchildren and two more on the way,
Oh, wow!

Lois still couldn't believe how old she was, for she didn't feel her age, thanks to her superpowers.
Man, I wish I had some super powers so I wouldn’t feel my age.

Kent Manor
Oh, that’s nice.

Okay, so it wasn't as if it had 137 rooms,
Hmm... Now why does this sound familiar. Scratching my head.... I know I’ve read that somewhere before. wink

It was funny, but somehow Lois and her daughter Lara were the only ones in the family who knew how to land without the 'Woosh'-sound so characteristic for her family, a feat that allowed her to sneak up on her unsuspecting offspring on occasion.
Lois can do it because she’s a mother.

She couldn't even make a cheesecake if her live depended on it.
Maybe it’s Lois’ specialty? Or maybe she cheats and buys it from a bakery. (Or Sam’s for those of you who know what that is.)

And if you asked her to get something as simple as cherry tomatoes, she wouldn't know whether to look for them in the vegetable section or the fruits section in the supermarket...
Could be quite a quandary since tomatoes are really fruits, but we treat them as vegetables. Did you know that people used to think that tomatoes were poisonous?

for, although they were fruit in the botanic sense, they were commonly counted among the vegetables.
See! Even Lois knows.

It wasn't as if she had been looking for trouble either time...
Uh-huh. Yeah, right, Lois.

But she knew they wouldn't come, not now and not ever again because they had died earlier in the year.
Aww.... sniff, sniff.

Lois sobbed silently. “Yes, I know. But it's worse now. It's our first Christmas without them.”
And it can really be like that with a beloved pet.

Lois sobbed silently. “Yes, I know. But it's worse now. It's our first Christmas without them.”
I love Clark’s puppy dog look.

She still had to make the cheesecake she had sworn to make,
Don’t forget the cream cheese, Lois...

Entering the kitchen, she quickly got the ready-made cake out of its package, put some cheese on top and put the whole thing in the oven.
rotflol I love the way you have handled this. Lois has absolutely no clue what a cheesecake even is - or at least what’s involved in making one. I laughed when I read this.

Hmm.... What’s Lara’s daughter’s name? Lara or Angie?

there was a small, cake-like something that was covered in crusty cheese. Whatever it was, everybody decided to stay away from it - everybody but JJ's wife, Ricky.
Uh-huh. And is Ricky human? If she is, she might be in trouble. Uh... never mind. Tamaranean, huh?

“Grandma, grandma, is this one of granny Martha's artworks?”
Snort.

“As sure as there's a 'Cheese of the Month Club,”
Sure there is. Just look on the internet....

Even the extra layer of pure chocolate couldn't disguise the fact that you made them with soap.
Surely Lois didn’t think those were edible? rotflol

Everybody who had the misfortune to try them was kind of bubbling over
Yeah, I’ll bet.

The twins both grinned, and Jack decided it was time to impart their mother with a piece of wisdom. “Mom, trust me on this: Gingerbread and turkey don't go together.”
Yuck. I should say not.

Lara shrugged, trying very hard not to laugh out loud. “Well, let's say it this way: The gingerbread stuffing is made with oninons, apples, clementines and bacon and stuff, *not* with chocolate topping and M&M's and marshmallows...”
Yikes!

Sounds like there is a conspiracy against Lois ever cooking with success.

“Mommy, I'm done,”
Umm.... done with what?

He really manages to burn water.
Hmmph... I think I’ve managed that, too.

Lots of kittens! I want a kitten.

Thanks for the story, Lara. It was marvelous. It gave me a good laugh and I really needed that right now!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't really know right now if I mentioned it in the original or not, though. Sorry about that.
Yep, I think you did.

(I really could have used a br, huh?)
My bad... my bad...

Well, you know how much I love this story, Mellie!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mellie!

I finally got to it. /glares at work/

JJ's answer. “I don't know, Lara, you know Mom. She couldn't even make a cheesecake if her live depended on it. And if you asked her to get something as simple as cherry tomatoes, she wouldn't know whether to look for them in the vegetable section or the fruits section in the supermarket...”
Ouch laugh

“At least we can send her grocery shopping,” Lara concluded with a sigh. Really, didn't her children have *any* faith in her?
*G*

This time, Clark had to discourage his daughter, though. “I wouldn't do that if I were you,” he replied. “The last times she went grocery shopping, she ended up stopping a hostage situation, stopping a train rushing towards another train, keeping a bridge from collapsing, and a number of other things. The only thing she didn't end up doing was grocery shopping.”
*LOL*

Although Lois didn't like this assessment at all, she had to agree. But was it her fault that things just seemed to happen to her when she went grocery shopping? It wasn't as if she had been looking for trouble either time...
*GGGG* clap

Lara turned a bright shade of red. “Gee, thanks, Mom, that's a little bit more than I wanted to know, you know?”
Super-vision. Super-hearing. And LnC for parents. She’s lucky she’s turned out so normal…

The young woman's blush deepened. Lara remembered all too well all the things she had overheard as a teenager – things no child was ever supposed to overhear because they were definitely not PG-rated. Heck, even her mother's novels were tame in comparison, and even they came with a warning. 'Do not read in public places.'
shock eek

Lois glared at her oldest daughter in mock-anger. “What, are you saying I cannot even make cookies?”
Exactly. They *ARE* made with chocolate, after all.

Lois looked chagrined, for even though it wasn't all her fault, it was still fact: She had managed to mess up the cookies – and not just any cookies, but chocolate cookies with chocolate icing.
*poor Lois*

“Wait till I get these two...” she threatened, still unable to come up with something to do to them – they already were completely invulnerable, after all.
make them dinner?

What then? Will you force-feed them your cooking?
*g*

It's called 'Cooking for Dummies'
*G*

“Mommy, Daddy, you won't believe it!” Without waiting for her parents to reply, Angie continued, “They've got babies!”
Surprise!

Loved it. Wonderful addition to your Just Like… series. Can’t wait for you to add part seven to Just Like That wildguy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard