Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
smile1

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
This is hilarious!

I love the joke that Lois doesn't know she's making when she calls Martha a superhero of mothers.

And just what is the etiquette for telling a suicidal amnesiac that you're in love for them? huh

Her heart broke at the confused, dazed look on his face and she couldn't even imagine the betrayal he must be feeling right now. His own mother had tried to kill him! The last woman in the world that Lois would ever think was capable of such a thing had cold-heartedly tossed her son into a pile of garbage!

Oh, Martha wasn't going to get away with this! To do this to her own flesh and blood! Well, close enough to her own flesh and blood, at any rate.

For the first time, Lois was glad that Clark was without memories. The pain of bitter betrayal most likely didn't sting as much to know that his mother tried to kill him. He couldn't remember what an amazing woman she had been before she'd obviously gone off of the deep end.
This is hilarious! Of course, Lois would be irate. The idea of shoving Clark off of the roof is unthinkable, especially to the uninitiated.

'I told you, I wasn't trying to kill him,” Martha announced, taking a deep breath before she continued. “I was trying to make him fly.”
If anyone told me that, I would be sure that they were three shades of loopey.

But wait! It gets better.
Lois whipped around to face Martha, an incredulous look painting her features. “You told your son that he was Superman? Your son who has no memory of... oh, absolutely nothing? And then you push him off the balcony? What kind of sick parent does something like that?”
It was probably like a guy at Hooters – no matter how hard they try not look, their eyes get drawn down towards the physical attributes in clear view.
What a hilarious comparison!

Elisabeth
who needs to walk away from the story to work on something but will be back later

Columnist
Columnist
Oh, I wish we could have seen Lois storming down the street to Clark's and then seeing Martha push Clark off that ledge.

I love your twists to this favorite episode. I love how Clark clings to Lois and begs her to help him.

Please give us one more part. We need your take on their reunion!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Problems like... what she was going to say to Clark once she reached his apartment.
Intriguing.

It was the story of her life.

And it was also a story that just thoroughly pissed her off.
laugh

In fact, it was more than just a little sickening to contemplate. Both Ralph and the impending end of the world.
laugh

Still never quite willing to fully open herself up to potential heart trampling.
laugh

But then again, her typically annoying and cheerful partner had no memory of being annoying and cheerful.
wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
rotflol

Loved it =)

The Martha thing ranks up there with one of my all time favorite ASU fic quotes:

"Watching you plummet off that balcony is saving me hundreds of dollars in psychiatrist's bills."
From For Old Times\' Sake by Sara (another one...)

Which fits nicely with one of Michael's ideas...

Sara "Lieta"
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
WOW! Do you ever know how to give great feedback!! Thank you!!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Elisabeth:
<strong> This is hilarious!

I love the joke that Lois doesn't know she's making when she calls Martha a superhero of mothers.

And just what is the etiquette for telling a suicidal amnesiac that you're in love for them? smile1

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by cp33:
Oh, I wish we could have seen Lois storming down the street to Clark's and then seeing Martha push Clark off that ledge.

I love your twists to this favorite episode. I love how Clark clings to Lois and begs her to help him.

Please give us one more part. We need your take on their reunion!
Eek! A second part? Um... I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not write the reunion. *nods*
Thank you for reading and commenting!

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OH PHEW. When you posted that link, I thought you might have been telling me I wrote a similar story (and obviously that one was written first)

I had actually not read this fic before and OMG. It's hilarious!!

Originally posted by Lieta:
rotflol

Loved it =)

The Martha thing ranks up there with one of my all time favorite ASU fic quotes:

"Watching you plummet off that balcony is saving me hundreds of dollars in psychiatrist's bills."
From For Old Times\' Sake by Sara (another one...)

Which fits nicely with one of Michael's ideas...

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, really really fun to read.

clap clap party

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Lovely! I have no time right now, but in case I forget, I just had to pop in and say that this was delightful. What a way with words you have! What lovely humor! clap clap clap

Ann

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OMG, your review made me laugh!!! Thank you! And I also discovered yet another word I left out of a sentence, thanks to your quoting my fic, so thank you!!! I hate it when I do that. I always leave pertinent words out of sentences *headdesk*

*runs to go fix before I forget*

Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Problems like... what she was going to say to Clark once she reached his apartment.
Intriguing.

It was the story of her life.

And it was also a story that just thoroughly pissed her off.
laugh

In fact, it was more than just a little sickening to contemplate. Both Ralph and the impending end of the world.
laugh

Still never quite willing to fully open herself up to potential heart trampling.
laugh

But then again, her typically annoying and cheerful partner had no memory of being annoying and cheerful.
wave

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I love this revelation. Lois' thoughts at seeing Martha push Clark off the roof are hilarious and then her taking over after she realizes the truth was funny as well.

Plus, I loved that Clark took part in the revelation. I know his memory is gone, but even with just the few "new" memories he has of Lois, he knows he trusts her.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I should read everyone else's comments first so I don't say the same things they said, but... stuff it, this is *my* story and I should be allowed to gush a little laugh

Oh, I loved it! hyper sloppy Loved Lois's thought processes on the suits, and that one of the few things Clark did remember is that Lois was always barging in and taking over. And that he likes it. Loved the little thought digression on "down to earth" and that all it took to bring his memory back was a familiar blood-curdling shriek. They did say to have him around familiar things! And the ending was lovely -- she kissed him and told him she loved him (well, okay, he overheard that part, but still).

You did a fabulous job with my nebulous requests, and I'll even overlook the billionaire reference wink

hail You are wonderful. Thank you so much!!!!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
*wipes brow* Oh thank goodness you liked it!! I was nervous to be writing for you, just ask Carol.

And I do apologize about bringing the billionaire into the story, but it was necessary to show why Lois changed her way of thinking. *ducks and runs away*

Thank you for giving me such an easy assignment to work with, btw. I'm no good with angst and I love waffy revelation fics so this was perfect for me!

Originally posted by ChiefPam:
I should read everyone else's comments first so I don't say the same things they said, but... stuff it, this is *my* story and I should be allowed to gush a little laugh

Oh, I loved it! hyper sloppy Loved Lois's thought processes on the suits, and that one of the few things Clark did remember is that Lois was always barging in and taking over. And that he likes it. Loved the little thought digression on "down to earth" and that all it took to bring his memory back was a familiar blood-curdling shriek. They did say to have him around familiar things! And the ending was lovely -- she kissed him and told him she loved him (well, okay, he overheard that part, but still).

You did a fabulous job with my nebulous requests, and I'll even overlook the billionaire reference wink

hail You are wonderful. Thank you so much!!!!

PJ
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is really the best little piece of fiction I have read about Lois and Clark in a very long time. I absolutely loved it! It was very very funny and I could just picture Lois coming to all the wrong conclusions about Martha. What a scream! Then the whole explanation and the suits in the closet and her reaction to him in the suit and the kiss, oh the kiss was just perfect. Start to finish this gets my vote for best little story of the year. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Laurach:
This is really the best little piece of fiction I have read about Lois and Clark in a very long time. I absolutely loved it! It was very very funny and I could just picture Lois coming to all the wrong conclusions about Martha. What a scream! Then the whole explanation and the suits in the closet and her reaction to him in the suit and the kiss, oh the kiss was just perfect. Start to finish this gets my vote for best little story of the year. Laura
OMG you made me teary eyed! Thank you sooo much for your awesome feedback!

All Shook Up is one of my fave episodes and I always love reading ASU ficcies. There are so many 'what if' moments in this episode and Martha shoving Clark off the balcony was just one of them thumbsup

Carol really helped me though. If not for her, this fic probably would have been highly annoying to read. (who knew I head-hopped so much in my fics? I sure didn't!!)

Thank you again for saying such nice things about my fic!! *hugs you*

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was great. smile

I loved Lois's thoughts as she watching Clark on the balcony with Martha right behind him. Then when Martha pushes him off, the moment is priceless. rotflol

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is a great fic - Kerth-worthy, for sure. There were so many hilarious moments (bear with me if I repeat what so many others have posted):

If anybody could put a bright spin on this huge rock-shaped curve ball that space was throwing at them, it was Martha Kent.
Yes, that's Martha's superpower!

*Help with what? Help with getting his nicely toned butt off the ledge before he falls and breaks his fool neck? Why, yes, Martha, I think he does need help there.* Lois couldn't help but think derisively.
Love the nicely-toned butt!

His own mother had tried to kill him! The last woman in the world that Lois would ever think was capable of such a thing had cold-heartedly tossed her son into a pile of garbage!....Lois didn't even want to contemplate what other murdering measures the Kents would employ to make sure their goal was achieved. And she had thought her own parents were bad! At best, they were inattentive. Martha and Jonathan Kent took bad parenting to a whole new level.
ROTFL!

“Ok, first things first,” she told him. “We need to get your memory back. Then you have to go save the planet. Oh and then I have to yell at you for lying to me, but that can wait until after you save the lives of everyone on earth, I guess.”
Glad to see that Lois has her priorities in order.

It was probably like a guy at Hooters – no matter how hard they try not to look, their eyes get drawn down towards the physical attributes in clear view.
I think we need to enter this in a Best Line Contest somewhere.

“Here you go. Now why don't you go into the bathroom and change into your suit like a nice little amnesiac superhero.”
More ROTFL!

Other great lines:
The man did more for the suits than the suits did for the man – that much was clear.

Briefly, she pondered if the term 'down to earth' still applied to somebody from another planet.

And who could fly.

“Now, go. Fly away. Save the world.”
Great lines, all.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I think I owe you some slightly longer feedback than I gave the first time over.

Lois Lane was in a snit.

And not just a little one, mind you. But a snit of truly galactic proportions.
Thanks for making me look up 'snit', which is exactly the sort of word that I won't know. And a 'snit' of galactic proportions.... clap

Ann

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by TOC:
<strong> I think I owe you some slightly longer feedback than I gave the first time over.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Lois Lane was in a snit.

And not just a little one, mind you. But a snit of truly galactic proportions.
Thanks for making me look up 'snit', which is exactly the sort of word that I won't know. And a 'snit' of galactic proportions.... thumbsup
v. toned, ton·ing, tones
v. To make firmer or stronger. Often used with up: exercises that tone up the body.

I like his toned butt smile

And OMG, that Hooters cartoon? Hilarious!! I actually like Hooters (good chicken wings) but geez, even being a straight, married chick, I had trouble not looking at the cleavage!

Ok, a bit off topic there...

Anyway, I just want to thank you for going to all the trouble of reviewing this fic. I have to admit, I was nervous about it! I'm glad that it came across as somewhat entertaining!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard