Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
*snicker* loved it! =D

“Is she still on that ‘gay’ thing she started?” a deep man’s voice said. He sounded amused.

“Yes… no… I don’t know,” she heard Clark say.

“Did you tell her?” a woman said.

“Yes.” Clark sounded exasperated. “She didn’t believe me.”

“Did you offer any proof?”

A long silence then other man started laughing. “You expected her to just believe you? Mad Dog Lane?”

“I was hoping…”

Another long silence. “I see. And you said I was batty?”
lol...

“Lois, Clark!” a voice called out. Lois looked over to see Bruce Wayne and a tall woman sauntering over to them. Maybe saunter wasn’t the right word – Bruce was barely on his feet and Lois could have sworn the billionaire was leering down his date’s front. The woman wore a patiently bemused expression.

“Hey guys the party’s just starting,” Bruce went on, waving a champagne bottle. “Let’s paint this berg red.”

Lois turned to Clark. “Don’t think I’m not going to be angry that you hid that from me, but exactly why would he want me to know about you?”

“So we can double date?” Clark answered.
laugh

Sara "Lieta"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hah, I loved it too! clap Consider Lieta's quotes mine, too!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I won't quote it again but I love the final line about the double date!

So funny.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was wonderful and a great follow-on to Revelations at the Lake. smile

I do have a side-question... Last time I looked, Catwoman was a criminal. I admit that I'm not exactly up on the latest cast rules for the DC universe, but is Catwoman on the good-guys side?

Whatever the role of Catwoman, this was very enjoyable.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonder Woman hasn't shown up and I doubt she'd be going out with Bat Boy. A couple people have Selina as being reformed and a good fit for Bruce. So I'm going with that.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh fabulous! Thanks for brightening up my *boring* New Years Eve!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hee! oh, this was cute -- and just priceless. smile

Thanks for sharing!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So we can double date?” Clark answered.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Hilarious laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
YAY!!! hyper

Can we have more, please? grovel

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I concur, Dandello! Very good story. I really liked the way they handled the threat without disrupting the celebration or endangering the celebrants.

To respond to Bob's question, I do not know what the current relationship between Batman and Catwoman is in the comics, but at this site you can learn about what one Catwoman fan did when she hated the way DC treated her favorite human feline. It turns out that Bruce and Selina are - more than just opponents with sexual tension crackling between them all the time, not unlike Clark and Lois.

Be forewarned that it's more than just a few fanfic tales, but at first glance it looks like this is the Selina Kyle in Dandello's story. (Thanks to Marcus for the initial connection.)

So, is Lois going to put two and two together and deduce that Bruce is Batman and therefore his date (Selina, obviously) is Catwoman? Now that should be a very interesting tale, especially given Lois' childhood relationship with Bruce. And will Selena be jealous when she finds out? Come back for the next installment, same Bat-time, same Super-channel!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the link Terry. I certainly don't have any problem visualizing a "somewhat reformed" Selina Kyle who is working with the good guys and having a relationship with Batmen. I know that in some versions of Catwoman, she is much more of a vigilante as opposed to a criminal.

I was mostly curious if there was a more "mainstream" version of a reformed Catwoman of which I was unaware.

I like this vision of these characters and would LOVE to see a follow up to address the developing relationships and situation as well as the issues that Terry has identified.

Bob

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, there is Valentine's Day coming up... laugh

And yes, tall dark and buxom is Selina Kyle, vigilante, slumming it in Metropolis.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hilarious! But Clark really wanted to tell Lois? I'm assuming that he did, otherwise he wouldn't have gone along with Bruce's suggestions.

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was very nice...very well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Cute story. Bruce Wayne is so naughty. I'm betting he knew she would be locked out.

Elisabeth

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
This was very cute. I loved the way Batman teased Clark - and not being a Batman fan, I have no idea if that is in character or not.

Also, I liked how while Lois kept saying it couldn't possibly be true, clearly she was slowly coming to grips with it since she so casually accepted the revelation when Clark took her flying.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Cute story. Bruce Wayne is so naughty. I'm betting he knew she would be locked out.

Elisabeth
Knew nothing, I bet if you checked the Bat-welder on the Bat-belt you would find it warm...

Looking forward to Valentine's Day, this year.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard