OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile

Thanks.

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
Oh Carol, that was wonderfully sweet. I have was a bit confused at the beginning when I thougth Lois didn't know about Superman but the ending was so touching.

Perfect!

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
*tear* very sweet, =) Kinda interesting how you played it out with them acting like she didn't know when she did.

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poetic.

All through the fic you had the dialogue just right - the characters were described through their speech. And the whole mistletoe thing was lovely.

The fact that Lois has been fighting off negative messages all her life, and has to go to Smallville - away from her usual haunts - to get "detoxified" is very poignant. I think we can all relate to bad thoughts and negative self-image. Glad to see that Clark is there for her.

Top Banana
Top Banana
How about awesome! clap

I loved the pace and flow. The change-up as to the time setting and their relationship was… well, I already used awesome, so how about fabulous?

This was really, really nice.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Carol, that was ridiculously awesome! I was really tossed off my seat when I found out they were married. The whole thing was just...perfect.

She glared back. "It's November."
But are you sure you aren't channeling my dad here? goofy I have 20 years of Black Friday memories that include me waking up the day after Thanksgivigng hearing my father cursing up a storm as he tries to hang up the Xmas lights outside my window.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I love a good story that makes me think! It was so sweet, and well-written, and I was surprised (which I like). Thanks for a happy Christmas story!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
a Coca Cola polar bear, complete with Santa hat;
Hah! How many of us bought those round Coca Cola bottles this year?

"I happen to know someone who can get you there and back pretty quickly and I bet I can get him to do it for me."
Yep, betcha can. wink

Superman laughed – something very few people ever got to hear, and she was one of the privileged few.
Gosh, did he ever laugh on the show?

He kept the kiss gentle and undemanding, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to him. When he moved back, he smiled at her. "Wouldn't want you getting cold now, would we?"
Aww... Clark’s so sweet.

I liked the way you had Lois ‘pretend’ that she didn’t know Clark was Superman.

Because in Smallville, there had never been memories for her to forget.
Aww... That’s sweet.

This is such a sweet, wonderful story and it left me with a huge smile on my face.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Oh, that's really sweet. It was rather adorable how Lois and Clark would pretend it was the days when Lois didn't know about Clark being Superman. The way Clark kissed Lois under the mistletoe, both as Superman and and as Clark, became just wonderfully sweet when you realized that it was all an act to remember old times and put Lois in a Christmas mood.

Very well done!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Clark, what in the world are you wearing that thing for?" Lois glared at him.

"It's *Christmas*, Lois. It's a Santa hat. You're an investigative reporter. Surely you can figure it out." Clark sat in his chair, leaned back, lacing his fingers behind his head and grinned at her
You know, it almost sounds like the opening from Season’s Greedings. I know (or think wink ) it’s not, but still laugh

"It's the day after Thanksgiving. It is now *officially* the Christmas season." He opened the shopping back he'd brought in with him and took a couple of decorations out of it – a Coca Cola polar bear, complete with Santa hat; a penguin with a present in front of him; a box with a twelve inch, predecorated tree in it; and another box with a candy bowl in it. He took the bowl out of the box, pulled a bag of assorted Christmas candy out of his bottom drawer and filled it. He opened a box of candy canes and stuck them in the pencil holder of his new Desk Friend. The Christmas tree went to one side and he stuck the penguin on top of his computer monitor.
LOL Now if I could just figure out where he got the Desk Friend from confused

She shrugged. "I like my Christmas spirit just fine."

"You *have* no Christmas spirit."

"And I like it just fine."
evil See, even in the sweetest holiday story you can’t hide your evilness. rotflol

A really beautiful and sweet story. And very evil. Yes. Verrrrrrry evil.

Michael laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/dies laughing.

I'm like... 10 paragraphs into it and I haven't stopped laughing yet - every line so far is just too damn funny. clap

(this is where I went back to reading and couldn't be convinced to stop...)

awwww! and she knew all along? awww! that's so adorable!

AWWWWWW!!! This was just wonderful, Carol! Well done!! notworthy

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ok, this was seriously awesome!!! I love your dialogue, I can hear them talking in my head. Love it!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I loved how you set the time frame by including the Desk Friend. The Christmas after that was post-revelation, but I didn't think that was post-marriage. That means that she's his sweetheart, but that they don't live together yet.

Sorry, that I got all hung up on details when what I meant to say was that I love it. BTW, do you think Clark will share some of the Christmas candies with me?

Elisabeth

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Carol, this was wonderful. You played the whole twist of them being married just right!

Columnist
Columnist
Aww! Sorry it took me so long to read this, it's been a very... intense week. But this was a wonderful way to get some joy in my holiday season!

The beginning had me giggling like a fool. It's so them!

He held out the polar bear towards Lois. "You want it?"

She'd been watching him with one raised brow. "No. Thank you. No, not thank you. Just no."
LOL! I love Christmas-spirit-Clark bugging bah-humbug-Lois.

And I loved both of their kisses under the mistletoe! They were both adorable. As was the end of the story. It totally had me melting!

Because he loved her.

It would take time.

Time and love.

And he had more than enough of both.
*Sniffle*

Thank you, this was just what I needed!

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it Jessi! Was a bit worried two years in a row wink .

Could just see it - 'aw crap, not her again wink '.

Here's hoping for a less intense week for you!

Carol [who will reply more later...]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, Carol, you get the dubious honor of writing the first fanfic I've read in... a couple of years, maybe? Just had to check in to see what you've been writing. smile

This was a really sweet fic. I loved the twist that they were together (I thought it was implied that they'd been married for a few years, but I suppose it could be any year since they got together?). I didn't pick up on the DeskFriend, but that's clever that you added that clue. If I were a bit more up on my L&C maybe I'd have noticed that. smile

You did really well, including nothing that didn't make sense if they *were* together, but at the same time not giving it away. I totally didn't get it until "sweetheart." It's cute to think about them playing "Lois doesn't know" together. I never thought about it, but it makes perfect sense that they would. Add a bit of spice to the relationship whenever it might start to get a bit routine. Great fic!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/ Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to this! DH was home all week which makes it hard for long posts. And now I'm without my laptop fora while frown .

Anyway... glad you guys enjoyed this!

cp33 - they surprised me with the whole 'already married' thing. I did have to go back and edit a couple things once I realized it.

Lieta - glad you liked it!

Ionlan - Yeah, tis sad that Lois has to go elsewhere to 'detoxify' but I'm glad that she has Clark too.

Bob - thank you!

JD - ridiculously awesome?!?! Thank you smile . LOL! I prefer to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving but it hasn't happened the last few years for a variety of reasons.

Amber - thank you!

Nancy - I love the Coca Cola bears! Thank you!

Ann - thank you! I loved the mistletoe too wink .

Michael - Desk Friend was something Lucky Leon had. I'm thinking that the business was successful and someone else bought him out or something [and took out the bugs and minidarts]. Hey! I can't believe this makes me evil!!!

Lara - am so glad I could make you laugh! Thank you!

Bella - thanks!

Elisabeth - I don't know when this was, though I'm guessing at least S4 because she says 'always' when referring to their trip to Smallville. See my response to Michael re the Desk Friend. I'm sure Clark will share candy and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nancy - glad you liked it smile .

Jessi - so glad [still!] that you liked it!

Sarah - dubious honor?! Glad you liked it. Hope we can suck you back in and not let you go! Thanks!

Thanks again everyone!

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
you have a writer's touch, Carol. At first I didn't realize that they were married, but when you have Clark call her sweetheart and she didn't hand him his heart, I knew.

It was all very sweet and wonderful.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
It was so magical. Like going back in time by some twenty days, or traveling to the future by eleven and half months.

smile Great Christmas Spirit. smile

Such vignettes are one of the reason I like Fanfics more than NFanfics. Such subtle sweetness and tenderness. thumbsup

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard