C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think I still love it!

Carol smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was hilarious! A crime lord's work is never done. Lex just keeps on trying to enjoy his brandy and his good book, and he keeps on getting interrupted....We can all relate.

Columnist
Columnist
I truly can't stand Lex so I laughed as I read of his constant interruptions. Great job.

Hope he find the middle of the book has blank pages!

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was delightful and I enjoyed it immensely. smile1

Considering how much I hate, despise, loathe, abhor, detest, mad (ran out of verbs) Lex, that’s really saying something.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lex Luthor settled himself into his large leather armchair in front of a roaring fire. On the side table next to him sat a bottle of brandy and a good book, both just waiting to be cracked open.
Everything in the first paragraph. Cute. laugh

Strychnine powder,
Lex is just so evil!

“Yes, sir,” Asabi nodded. “It is unfortunate that we will have to kill him.”
I’m sure Lex wouldn’t get his hands dirty.

“Mr. Luthor?”

“What is it, Asabi?” he demanded snappishly.
I’m grinning now because Lex is irritated.

A bottle of brandy and a good book...

This was a superb story, and you really wrote Lex very well.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Oh yeah... we've all been there, first time I've felt much sympathy for him. wink

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
How can people not like Lex??? I just don't get it! I love a good baddie! laugh

I was half tempted in my brief to say something I didn’t want was Lex sitting in a chair drinking brandy and reading, just to be difficult, but you made it work beautifully.

This was really gr8, thanks Beth! clap

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was for this reason that he did it all. The pursuit of pleasure. Throwing hundred dollar bills into the fire and having staring contests with cobras were all very good fun, but at the end of the day, he was ultimately after the delights of fine alcohol and good literature.
LOL, he’s a wino shock Why would the grand Lex Luthor need poison? He almost sounds like a… like a… like a criminal shock

“Yes, sir,” Asabi nodded. “It is unfortunate that we will have to kill him.”

“Well, we can’t have him knowing where I wear all my defences, can we?”
shock

The forger stuff was great and now
But he had just picked up the bottle when he was interrupted yet again.

“Mr. Luthor?”

“What is it, Asabi?” he demanded snappishly.
Again laugh

“Good God, *another* one?!” Lex asked incredulously.
Erm, Lex? Maybe you should consider having your company sterilized first?

“Put the statue in the basement for now,” Lex instructed Nigel. “I’ll worry about getting the arms back from that damned Tim and Amber Lake tomorrow.”
laugh

Sighing with contentment, Lex reach over to grab the book off the side table. He took another sip of brandy, and opening the book to the first page, he began to read.
Huh? Over? confused Now I would have expected to see some silly story printed in there laugh

You did a very interesting portrayal of Lex there, Beth. And the way he got more and more frustrated with the *hired help* laugh laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Beth, this was excellent. Very in character for Lex, but hilarious. We've all been there, so it's good for us to see the funny side of the situation. I suspect I'll remember this the next time my daughter interrupts my computer time wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for all the comments, guys!

gr8, I feel the same as you. I love a good villain. (although I much prefer S1 Lex)

I suppose it's a good thing, though, that so many people who claim to hate Lex still stuck it out through the whole story and actually enjoyed it! wink

Thanks for the great FDK everyone!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Brava!

My favorite part was the idea that sitting in the front seat was so middle class. I must be moving up in the world. laugh

Elisabeth

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Beth - This was wonderful! I hated not having a chance to read one of your stories for so long while I couldn't get on a computer, but true to form, this one was worth the wait.

Your portrayal of Lex was so good - he came through as so in character at the beginning and it was wonderful to see him get all riled up through the story!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been feeling so miserable for the last several days. Elisabeth recommend that I read the Fic-a-thons to boost my spirits. I've have enjoyed reading them but when I got to yours, I just couldn't help myself. I actually felt sorry for Lex! That takes an accomplished writer to make a bad guy look like he could use a hug.

Great story.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hee! oh, this was just so hilarious! Poor Lex, huh? LOL! Excellent fic! laugh Wasn't real sure I'd like it -- I *hate* Lex -- but this was seriously lots of fun. Well done!! clap

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow, more feedback! And now that I look at the dates, I see that some of it has been around for quite a while. Sorry for not responding sooner.

Thanks for the great compliments, guys!

James, I'm glad this fic could distract you for a bit. My prayers are with you and your family.

Nancy, I'm sorry I was too impatient to let you BR this one. wink But I think a revised edition will be landing in your inbox as soon as I get a chance to work on it.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard