Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58906 12/29/08 07:18 AM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
There really is a Cheese of the Month Club! That's great.

At first, I thought that Perry knew something and was covering for Clark. But when they both had packages... laugh

Really cute story!

#58907 12/29/08 11:10 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was so funny! smile And it's so good to have you back here with a story, Nancy!

But then, hearing a soft whoosh, she looked up and saw Superman flying past the huge Daily Planet windows. Three or four other people were also agog. It was always a thrill for anyone to see Superman. Hmm... What did he have in his hands?

Lois jumped as Clark put his hand on her shoulder and kissed her cheek. Then he sat down at his desk and plunked down two packages.
Just like the old comics! Superman would fly by outside the window, and the next moment, Clark would be standing by Lois's side! laugh

But then of course he would have to come up with an explanation for how he could leave and come back so quickly:

“How'd you get back here so fast, Clark?” she asked suspiciously.

Clark caught sight of the clock on the wall and realized just how quickly he had returned. He tried to cover. “I've been gone long enough to go to the post office.” He fidgeted. “Umm... I, well, you know, couldn't let something so important be delivered to my apartment, and I...”

“Uh-huh,” she demurely interrupted. “Sure you didn't fly?”

Surprised, one of Clark's eyebrows raised. He grimaced at her like she had lost her mind. And he quickly changed the subject as he tore open the packages.
He changed the subject... yes, I can believe it! drool

[Linked Image]

Almost good enough to forgive a lying man if he brings you this kind of cheese!

And of course there is a Cheese of the Month club. And of course Clark has a video to return, too! razz laugh

This was a very funny story, Nancy. Welcome back!

Ann

#58908 12/29/08 11:52 AM
Kerth
Kerth
The one that keeps tempting me is the chocolate of the month club.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#58909 12/29/08 12:42 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
That was a riot! I've never seen a fic where Clark's excuses turned out to be real. Hilarious!

Elisabeth
the original cheesehead

#58910 12/29/08 12:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hehehe! nicely done, Nancy! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#58911 12/29/08 03:31 PM
Columnist
Columnist
That was very cute! Cheese of the month club, he would really have Lois' attention if he enrolled in the chocoate of the month club.

#58912 12/29/08 04:08 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
yaaay!!! i loved it! it was hilarious!

and what a coincidink that you got me as your assignment.. i consider myself tres lucky and again i really love it.

and who would have thought that all clark's excuses are real, or maybe he was just prepared... hmmmm..

plus the cheese was amazing! and when i saw the title i went "huh! hmmm?? yaaaaay!! dance "

now if you'll excuse me, i need to go and finish my assignment laugh

Sarah,

Tempus: You want to know the future, Miss Lane? No one works, no one argues, there are 9,000 channels and nothing on!
#58913 12/29/08 05:33 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh that was adorable!!! Thank you for sharing that. Love the last line!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#58914 12/30/08 02:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Verry funny!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#58915 12/30/08 04:16 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
After listening to the mayor drone on for more than an hour, Lois and Clark were pleased to be heading back to the Daily Planet. The ‘important’ news conference about how the city might run out of salt before winter was over was just... idiotically stupid.
What did Lois do to offend Perry like that?

Clark’s back suddenly stiffened. He asked anxiously, “Lois, what is today’s date?”

“Uh... umm... It’s the twentieth. Why? Is it someone’s birthday?”

Pulling away from Lois, Clark said anxiously, “You can finish the story by yourself, can’t you? I gotta go.” And with that, he was on his way.

Lois called to him. “Where are you going?!”

“Cheese!” he yelled on his way out the door. “I’ve got to pick up my cheese of the month shipment!”
Hmm, that seems to be an extra-ordinarily well crafted excuse. Could it be real? huh

Lois crossed her arms over her chest. A slight frown was on her face. She muttered, “Oh, Perry, I think I’m in love with Clark.” Perry nodded encouragingly as she continued but in an angrier vein.
Awwwwww

“But he makes me so mad!” Then she looked down at her desk as if she had somehow failed as she softly said, “Cheese of the month, indeed.” Why couldn’t he just tell her the truth?

Perry looked excited. “Cheese? Of the month? I need to check my mail!! Gotta go.”
Okay, someone’s birthday or something. Lois’ perhaps?

Lois was indignant “And you have a video to return, too. Right?” she smirked.

Clark pursed his lips in thought. “Yep. Thanks for reminding me.” Then he yanked a tape out of his drawer and held it up. He stood up and smiled. “I gotta go!”
Cute. Total unexpected fluff laugh Thanks for making me grin, Nancy.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#58916 12/30/08 05:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's nice to read something you wrote. I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Making this ridiculous excuse a real one and involving Perry was a fantastic idea.

Way to go! I hope there will be more from you some day soon! clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#58917 12/30/08 08:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Beth, Ann, Marcus, Elisabeth, Caro, CP33, Sarah, bellarata, James, Michael, and Barbara! I’m glad you all liked my cheese story!

“Cheese?” He offered her a piece of gjetost.
Ah! That sounds almost Swedish! Getost, goat cheese...
And, hey, maybe it is getost. I got the spelling off the internet. I know one thing - it’s very hard to find in the States. (And I think it’s just so yummy...)

The one that keeps tempting me is the chocolate of the month club.
Yes, that sounds pretty tempting, too. I thought about signing up for one of the cheese ones till I found out how much they cost.

That was a riot! I've never seen a fic where Clark's excuses turned out to be real. Hilarious!
Thought I’d give the idea a little twist... Glad you liked it.

he would really have Lois' attention if he enrolled in the chocolate of the month club.
Yes, he would! Maybe I’ll write a little story...

who would have thought that all Clark's excuses are real, or maybe he was just prepared... hmmmm..
Maybe he should be prepared more often...

plus the cheese was amazing! and when i saw the title i went "huh! hmmm?? yaaaaay!!
I kind of wondered if you’d figure out right away that the story was for you. I’m glad you liked it!!

After listening to the mayor drone on for more than an hour, Lois and Clark were pleased to be heading back to the Daily Planet. The ‘important’ news conference about how the city might run out of salt before winter was over was just... idiotically stupid.
What did Lois do to offend Perry like that?
I meant to make it sound like the mayor made like the conference was going to be a really big thing and then it wasn’t. You know those politicians....

Could it be real?
Could be... laugh

Cute. Total unexpected fluff Thanks for making me grin, Nancy.
Glad you liked it!

Making this ridiculous excuse a real one and involving Perry was a fantastic idea.
Thanks, Barbara.

Way to go! I hope there will be more from you some day soon!
I hope so. I do think my muse has decided to return from who knows where he or she has been...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#58918 12/31/08 03:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aargh. I hate being late for feedback. grumble

Something about this felt very old-school. I think it was the Superman-outside-the-window. thumbsup

I really enjoyed Perry's part
Perry looked excited. “Cheese? Of the month? I need to check my mail!! Gotta go.”
and this was just great:
Lois was indignant “And you have a video to return, too. Right?” she smirked.

Clark pursed his lips in thought. “Yep. Thanks for reminding me.” Then he yanked a tape out of his drawer and held it up. He stood up and smiled. “I gotta go!”
This was a nice, fun, focused story. clap

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard