L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
It starts?

=( Poor Chad...

Although... this coming in the same day as Carol's use of him is interesting...

Sara "Lieta"
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
If Chad falls in love with Lana Lang I will laugh myself half way to death.

I have this really bad feeling that Clark will fly Lois to Smallville for a surprise visit and find Chad doing something that shatters Lois.

Oh, by the way...

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
whinging whinging mecry

But I think it had to happen. Poor Chad! Poor Lois! Poor Clark! Poor Rachel!

Well, maybe Chad and Rachel can be happy together in Smallville, and Clark and Lois can be happy together in Metropolis. But I think you are right, Nancy, breaking up these two couples in order to make two entirely new couples will be hard, not least emotionally. Poor everybody!

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, I didn't really expect this to happen. My head is still spinning. Is this the place where Carol and Kelly started calling you evil?

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I have another few spare moments (not sure how many), so I wanted to respond while I have the time.

First off, let me remind you all that we're only on chapter 19. I still haven't finished, but this story will be at least 32 chapters (and that's me being conservative as I just finished 28 and I'm not sure how I'll ever wrap things up in four more chapters). So, don't be too sure that Lois and Chad are done for - there's still a lot of story left.

Sara - The fact that this was posted the same day as Carol posted the part with Chad getting together with Lana is pure coincidence. I wasn't originally planning to post yesterday as I didn't know how much running around we'd be doing to see family while away and thus didn't expect to have much time online.

Patrick - It's very unlikely that Chad and Lana will get together in this fic, not least of all because Lana is married to Pete and they have two kids. They've been married as long as Lois and Chad. While clearly that doesn't mean they have to still be together, it makes it unlikely that Chad and Lana will end up together.

Besides, this Lana is a bit more like the Lana we're all used to - she isn't evil mind you, but a bit less kind that the Lana Carol has created in OTOH. When Carol asked if she could use Chad for OTOH the main reason I was okay with it was that I felt that in recent chapters Lana had shown herself to be someone who sincerely cared about Clark and wasn't the type of person everyone speculated she would be at the beginning of the story. This Lana probably also wouldn't have told the news about Clark and Lois, but she would be more likely to. And I don't see Chad being attracted to that type of person.

The Chad Andrews at UC Davis is hilarious. How did you ever find him?

Ann - This is the place where I worried that you'd lose interest as I think the story stops being so "feel-good" right about now. The next several chapters are angsty, but necessary for where I want the characters to go. Lois and Chad have a lot to work through.

Michael - I'm surprised I surprised you. Not that I was trying to be too transparent, but I thought there were a few clues before now. And yes, this is where Carol and Kelly started calling me evil. They've stopped now, but I guess I don't know if that's as I've stopped being evil or they are resigned to my being so. If I had to guess, though, I'd guess the latter. laugh

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
And I never would have mentioned it with early-mean-vindictive-Lana as opposed to the more recent grown-up, mature Lana wink .

I was trying to come up with some sort of name for a doctor that Lana could be dating from Smallville and Chad just came to me... Nancy was gracious enough to let me borrow him...

Thanks again Nancy!

Carol [who has resigned herself to Nancy being evil...]

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I figured you had, Carol, but then with you as a teacher, what could you expect? huh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course there where clues. It was the obvious thing to do. And that's just it. Obvious is not something I expected from you in this fic. /points to Carol's FDK thread for today's OTOH./ Apparently you have been quite the studious, little apprentice, hmm?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Michael, I don't know if I should be flattered that you didn't expect the obvious or ashamed that I did it anyway.

I did really not want to make it obvious, but I struggle with things like this, particular with a non-canon character, so one readers know less well, and making them do things that seem completely out of the blue for fear that it just won't work without some background. I guess I could have left off the clues and had Lois recall them when Chad suggested it, but I just thought it now. Oh well.

I'm pretty sure, though, that few people would be able to accurately guess what will be coming, though. I am hoping to have a few tricks up my sleeve. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd say flattered. Sometimes the obvious is a good plot device. Do it seldom enough and people are just as caught off guard laugh

Guessing what's next? Hmm, the obvious would be switching pairings. So that's out. You also told us Chad won't die.

Remaining Options:
- Lois and Clark move to Smallville. Don't think so.
- Lois and Clark super-commute to Smallville every day. Too cheesy.
- Lois and Chad break up and Lois and Clark don't get together? Nah. That would be just 'pointless' from a dramatic point of view. No happy ending around huh

Okay, that's my guesses blush

Michael

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
The idea of Lois and Clark commuting to Smallville everyday made me smile, Michael. Sounds like quite a hassle (in addition to being cheesy). And it may really piss off Rachel since he said the reason they couldn't stay together is that he didn't have time to get to Smallville everyday.

Anyway, I'm not saying no one can guess what I have planned and I guess with enough tries someone might guess it all, but it seems unlikely. I wouldn't recommend trying it just cause there have to be countless possibilities, right? I can't recall how many variations I thought through when I started this story (although some of those have been eliminated by what I've posted so far).

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm still reading this, just haven't had much time to leave my normal feedback. I'll try and do better. blush

I like the everyday aspect of this fic, although at times, I feel that we are watching a three-person marriage with these characters. With Chad popping up all over the place on these boards, perhaps we need a Lois & Clark & Chad fan fic board? I'm only joking. smile

Nancy, in your beginning snippets, I think you should add a graduation scene of Lois and Chad, talking about their plans. You could mention here about Chad's wanting to practice in a small-town, but him putting that aside to be with Lois in her town, Metropolis. With this background, the last chapter might have better context. Without this backstory, I knew Chad liked small towns, but didn't know that he put his goals aside for Lois.

Lois is still in love with Chad, and just as the show's Lois would follow Clark anywhere in the world, I would think Lois would consider following Chad on his adventure. Couldn't Chad and Lois move to Smallville, and Lois work for the Kansas City Gazette or something a bit metropolitan?

These two certainly have some things to sort out, I just don't see them giving up without a fight.

A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks grinch525!

No worries about being busy. I can completely understand that.

First off, while I did not show Lois and Chad's plans after graduation, partly as I didn't really want to hit people over the head with where the story was going, there were references to their plans. This is the most direct, but there were others. In chapter 3 (the first chapter after the flashbacks), Lois tells Clark:

“Chad has always wanted to move to the country,” I confessed. “But, you know, being a journalist in a small town just isn't the same. So, he agreed to stay here in Metropolis with me.”
As for how Lois will react to Chad's wanting to move to a small town - I never said that he was moving somewhere and they were splitting up. I agree with you - I don't see Lois and Chad giving up on their marriage at the slightest inconvenience and if anyone is expecting that the next chapter has Chad moved out of town and Lois and Clark starting a relationship, they are going to be pretty surprised (not that I think anyone is actually expecting that).

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You can call me grinch. smile

I'll have a re-read through the chapters, to see the hints you mention as I didn't recall the one you quoted.

I don't see Lois and Chad giving up on their marriage at the slightest inconvenience and if anyone is expecting that the next chapter has Chad moved out of town and Lois and Clark starting a relationship, they are going to be pretty surprised (not that I think anyone is actually expecting that)
See, if you hadn't made Chad such a darn, nice guy, getting Lois and Clark together ASAP is what I would have rooted for. smile But, since Chad's nice, and Lois likes him, I suppose I can read through to see how things turn out. laugh They make a cute couple. smile

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
You know, the only reason I've stopped calling you evil is because, despite my reservations about Chad, I do like what you've done with the characters. I've even started to *gulp* like Chad.

But I reserve the right to call you evil, should the need arise. wink

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Thanks, grinch and Kelly!

This is my first time in front of a computer in days, but I do hope to get the next chapter up today as I don't think I'll be online tomorrow.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard