Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58726 12/23/08 04:37 PM
cp33 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hmmmm, I was bummed that Clark and Lois had to move from place to place to avoid the mobs that would chase Superman. I like the idea that Superman saved him, that was cute.

#58727 12/23/08 05:41 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was really cute. I like the idea that even if the family had to move around, they were able to maintain a positive outlook for the world. The ending was neat in that the knowledge of Superman’s identity and family is something that is no-big-deal.

Nice story.

Bob

#58728 12/23/08 06:23 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved it. Parts of it flowed almost like a Dr. Seuss story:

“I had a hot mug of eggnog with extra nutmeg down my throat, warming my tummy, was wrapped up good in blankets, scarves mittens and such and was plopped in the sleigh and securely buckled. Santa shook his reins, named all the reindeer and we were off in blast of wind. The eggnog, it was probably the extra nutmeg, made my head spin and the wind threatened to freeze my eyelids, so I kept them closed and tried not to dread. And before I knew it we were slowing, as we sledded into the driveway.“
thumbsup clap

But what happened in the end? What's this?

“Honey?” he began. “On Christmas Eve several years ago, I got lost in the mountains, hurt my leg and was found and brought home by Santa Claus. And every year I try to pay back the stroke of Christmas luck that saved me by spreading Christmas cheer myself. Now get ready to go, the kids will be waiting.”
I'm probably completely dense, but guess what? For a moment there I had that dizzying sensation that Mark and his wife morphed into Clark and Lois, getting ready to mount the sleigh to spread Christmas cheer to the world.

It was probably just my imagination, but Merry Christmas anyway, and let the bells jingle !

Ann

#58729 12/23/08 08:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute, but I kept wondering what the punchline was and how Lois and Clark were going to fit it. I'm glad they were able to keep their Christmas spirit.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#58730 12/24/08 07:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story. Everyone can spread Christmas cheer.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#58731 12/24/08 11:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How sweet! Love that Mark insisted to stick by his story in the end.

Sorry to hear about Lois and Clark having been exposed at some point but they were still going strong in the story! smile

Merry Christmas!

Natascha

#58732 12/24/08 02:40 PM
R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Author's comments/explanation:

The story is in three sections: the first is a Santa story, then Mak's wife explains the LNC connection and things fall into place(why Auri, who's in there becasue I needed an elf, had to rescue the cookies, why there's one special star on the tree, why Santa has reindeer called Jimmy and Lucy); finally, Mark stating that the explanation in part two doesn't matter and he's going to pass on the Christmas cheer of having been saved on Christmas eve. (Did Clark help out at a party for kids at a hospital in one episode?)

There are several references to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' including the opening line, twinkling eye, nothing to dread.

While Clark could certainly get the sleigh flying I wasn't sure he'd be able to get the reindeer flying without panicing them, which is why Mark always closes his eyes when that would be happening.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard