Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here.

Next scheduled post:
Sunday, sometime after 3pm ET

Previews

Chapter 126
~*~Clark~*~

I got out of the Jeep and walked to her side, opening the door before she could and pulling her into my arms.

I don't know why exactly – but she broke down into tears, crying into my shirt – and the tie she'd made fun of that morning. I smiled slightly at the thought of her mascara ruining it or something.
Chapter 127
~*~Lois~*~

There was a shout from the crowd.

"What the hell is that?" one man yelled.

"Is it a bird?" another hollered.
Thanks smile .
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I figured Lois wouldn't believe Lana, even though she appreciated the setiment.

It's really sweet how much Clark wants to hold Lois to comfort them both.

I see a Superman preview in the next chapter. That's kind of nice. Although, as we all know, first Superman appearance = Trask.

I thought that when you said "things are going to get worse for Clark before they get better", you were referring to something happening to Lois.
After all, shock thearpy is popular in the LNC universe to overcome old emotions. They used it in the show, as I pointed out before, after all. I used it in "A Box of Swiss Chocolates."

But with Trask probably on the horizon, it could easily be Clark that almost dies. Will he be calling out for Lois in his delirum?

Of course, Trask is also known for holding hostages of people that "could get to the alien." So Lois and/or Christopher could still be in danger.

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
lol, very Lois... a major exclusive more or less falls in her lap on her fist day as an official reporter... interesting combination of plot pieces from the canon too... I liked the interactions between our favorite couple as well... thanks for some extra smiles and giggles on my b-day! ~.^

Also... for preview two... are you yanking our chains or is that goes to lead to "It's a guy in tights!"

Sara "Lieta"
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Glad you liked it Lieta - and yes, I've had some fun over the next few segments throwing random plot points in - usually with very little to do with the original plot...

As for the 'it's a plane, no it's a guy in tights' thing...

RAFO.

[Have I mentioned how much I love that acronym?]

Carol [who somehow managed to edit one small thing on her master chapter list and added two chapters to it at the same time - not a clue how that happened...]

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Great parts, Carol! No angst. Just fluff and sweetness and
hyper
hyper hyper
hyper hyper hyper
hyper hyper hyper hyper
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
"Have you thought any more about that?" I asked quietly, nodding towards the movie.

He nodded. "Yeah. I have. But I don't think I'd seriously consider it until the whole Navance thing is over."

"Think about today though," I pointed out. "You could have left and changed into a costume and flown around looking for him. And maybe caught the guy."
Yay!!! Lois is telling Clark to become... that guy in tights! thumbsup

"Who helped you pick that tie out?" I couldn't even begin to describe it. Yellows, blues, whites, abstract patterns...
And his weird ties! Nobody can look at his face when he's wearing those weird ties! clap Thanks to her, they caught the Toyman!!! clap

She didn't move from my arms as she spoke and I had the feeling she was enjoying it as much as I was.

So why had I let it happen?

Why hadn't I... not *forced* the issue, but forced the issue. Held her hand or hugged her or spooned with her at night – on purpose.
Yes, Clark, why haven't you? Of course Lois likes it every bit as much as you do. She has already told you that she is in love with you. She only wants you to love her back. And you do, and Lana knows it, so now you only need to convince Lois that you do - and you have to convince yourself, of course!

Great parts, Carol!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a way to spend a birthday! I'm guessing that the tears and hugs from the preview are from the whirlwind of the day and not anything sinister (see I can do optimism!). Like they said earlier, LnC can't do anything about the crazy dictator (who just might happen to impale himself during the civil war, right?), but they were able to catch a bad guy--and that puts some things about their lives back in their control. I feel like hugging them too.

I like that Clark is getting more touchy. I would like to see Lois initiate some of that too. Another great part is the way they are working together. They make great partners and I think Clark will soon realize how much of a helpmate Lois is with his identity as a whole. He can't be all he can be without her.

"Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No! It's... Mr. Incredible?"

Looking forward to more!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Kerth
Kerth
Wow, these two parts were something. They sure were worth all the lunkheadedness in the parts before. Well, maybe. But this last scene alone, the one with Lois telling Perry that they had a hot story - this was so the vey same Lois as in the pilot, it had me bursting out laughing.

I also loved the bit between Lana and Lois yesterday (uh, sorry, was busy doing schoolwork then), and I think it's right for Lois to not tell Clark about it.

Btw, loved your "Home-age" with the first letters of the places spelling something out. And the part about th hypnosis sure took us all the way to Illusions of Grandeur. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How wonderful to see both of them craving physical contact! At least they are both acknowledging it, even if not to each other just yet.

Yay to Lois for telling Clark to think more about becoming "super" and to Clark for willing to find a way for Lois to be Lois Lane at work. Both big steps. I wonder though if Lois has any idea what Clark's going off to be super on a regular basis would mean for them...

What a way to spend the first day in a new job. Congratulations! I am proud of Lois for calling in the police first. She acts very responsibly here. smile

I just hope the tears in the first preview are happy tears! I love that Clark is initiating the contact here! He has smartened up. <g>

Once Lois has some time to actually think more about Lana said, she will probably see certain things that will prove the ex right. I have high hopes for these two!

Natascha (glad to be back)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Clark is totally going to sidle up to Perry (without asking Lois) and tell him to list Lois's byline as "Lois Lane Kent", right? Right?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He looked at it – he'd come a long way from his text messaging antipathy. He still didn't like it, but he was willing to accept it was a part of his life.
I still rebel sometimes. And my friends get really irritated at me that I don't have my cell phone glued to me while I'm on vacation. :p

Lots of interesting things, Carol! And yes, Clark why DON'T you delve deeper into your lunkheadedness? Just to play a minor devil's advocate for .5 seconds, even if he does leave her at the end of five years (which I'm swaying like a pendulum on...today I'd happen to like them to stay together wink ), at least make an honest decision. And that won't happen either way if you never examine your own darn head.

I'm stoked they have an exclusive!
Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Thanks guys!

Made more real progress yesterday! WOOHOO!!

Off to post [with limited time so no time for a more detailed response smile ].

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
what happenend?? Big gap between your last post telling us you would post now and well, now.
I don't want to go to bed before I get my fix... <g>

Natascha

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Coming!

Distracted by kids/DH!
C

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes yes YES! Front page story! Haha.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard