Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile . Surely that wasn't evil, now was it?

And yes, these were the parts that made me almost like Lana [though when I said that, I was only part way through writing 122 so I didn't know about 123 yet...]

Next scheduled post:
Saturday, 10-noon ET

Previews

Chapter 124
~*~Lois~*~

"Is this straight?" Clark asked. "I usually have better luck with regular ties than bow ties, but this knot just doesn’t want to cooperate today."

I raised an eyebrow when he turned around.

"What?"

"Who helped you pick that tie out?" I couldn't even begin to describe it. Yellows, blues, whites, abstract patterns...
Chapter 125
~*~Clark~*~

"*Kents*! My office. *Now*!" Perry hollered at us the second we walked through the stairwell door. I'd bet that he'd been waiting for us.

"Can't, Perry! Hot story!" Lois yelled back.

"*I* decide what's hot and what's not. Now."
Thanks smile .
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can see why you've decided to like Lana now, Carol. smile

I had wondered if Lana was going to see their relationship for what it was easier than they could.

She's obviously grown up. She's not petty anymore. She had said previously that she didn't really meant it when she wouldn't play stepmommy.
She rescued Christopher. And she let Clark "go" from her heart, because she knows he's meant for Lois now.

(And for the record, because she let Clark go, and got the job she wanted, I no longer think she has too many "bad deals" in this story.)

I still wonder when Clark is going to SERIOUSLY think about what this means.
I went back to the truck and headed towards the farm. I was surprised at the lack of... whatever when I saw Lana. Something. I was happy for her. This was going to be her dream job. Small class, little kids, she'd be in her element.
He was happy for her, because it was a good job. The way anyone would be happy for a friend. And he and Lana were friends for a long time. BUT HE HAD NO "IN LOVE FEELINGS FOR HER."

Clark is no longer "in love" with Lana. He is in love with the memories of her, the idea of her.

EDIT: Of course, as I've said before, letting Lana go doesn't end the problems with Lois. He's still got to get rid of the "Double-edged guilt", one way or another. Come on, Clark you can do it! I know it's hard, but you've got to move on with your life!

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, I'm glad it wasn't Navance, but another psycho out there is definitely scary. And I'm so glad that Lana has grown up and let go. That was very big of her to apologize like that and to see how things really are. Lana may not have always been likeable, but she's been a sympathetic character. Even more so, now.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I'm glad it wasn't Navance. But it was evil to send another madman after Christopher. Toyman, eh? I remember him from the comics, but not his real name. Schott...something? Who cares? I've never, never, never been into comics for the villains.

It was good that Lana saved Christopher. I think Lois is going to feel a little better about Lana now. Perhpas it was even cathartic to Lana. She can go on with her life now, and know that Lois and Clark owe her.

Hmmm. The Luthor building. I'm so not eager to see Luthor in this story!

Ann

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
OH MY G-D.

now I can finish my paper (5 more pages!) and relax for a nice winter/holiday break. sigh.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So Harold Kripstly got him, huh? When you said Toyman and mentioned a little, dark-haired guy, I recognized him from Toy Story, when our L&C ran into him.

I was glad Lana talked to Lois, but I don't know when she would have seen L&C together enough to have drawn such conclusions about their relationship. It was a little too thorough, a little too easy.

However, I hope Lois will use that information to stop holding Clark at a distance and start being loveable toward him. For example, when our Clark from the series was trying to get Lois to fall in love with him, he did things for her, teased her, and was there, listening and comforting her when she was troubled. I hope this Lois starts being flirtatious or sassy or something that's appealing instead of just being the exhausted, over-stressed, don't-come-near-me-because-the-time-limit-on-our-marriage-hurts-too-much woman she's been for so many chapters.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm glad Lana apologized to Lois for being so catty. And truth be told, I was thinking about this story at the hair salon this morning goofy and my thought was, would Lana really want to break up a family after the five years are up? And I love that the answer is, well not really. She was so observant to notice that even if Clark doesn't think he's in looove with Lois, he's got so many other great things going for him. He loves his sons and his family. We'll see when his next dolt appearance is. wink

Happy holidays, Carol! Gonna bring my laptop on Xmas vaca for updates this week. goofy
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Can you believe it? I read chapter 123 and somehow missed Lana's talk to Lois!!!! dizzy

Well, that was beautiful, Carol. Lana has seen what I have tried to say earlier, namely that Clark loves Lois in every way that counts. He just doesn't realize it, because it doesn't feel right. The lunkhead. :rolleyes:

Well, Lana has seen it. And now she can really move on. Good for her. She, too, needed to let go of a pipe dream.

And now let's see if Lois can cure Clark of his terminal case of lunkheadedness.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Whew. Christopher is back!

The presence of *another* child-napping maniac is very scary. It reminds us that we can never see or prepare for all of the threats in life. Seems like a good setup for a *duh duh nu dah* superhero.

Lois wants one, Clark wants to be one, and Christopher wants Ja' Ja', lol. The scene is set.

I'm happy about Lana's resolution. I said in the last FDK that I wanted her to let go of the dream and she did. Better yet, she expressed that to Lois. I think Clark is near to that conclusion, but we need for him to now realize that Lois is an acceptable mate for him. He needs to consider that a future *is* possible with his family instead of needing to release Lois to find true passionate love.

I would love to see Sheila's suggestion play out. Lois should get to express herself as a woman in love. I know we don't want to pressure Clark into feeling something he's not, but Lois's love can come out in nice offerings to Clark. BTW- I think they should start saying 'Love you' again. They had an exchange like that in the past--even though it was platonic. Sometimes it's just good to hear wink

Oh, and that warning about Clark's world falling apart was very ominous. It appears that Clark's salvation (him realizing his love) will *only* come after this terrible event, and that scares me. The possibilities of what that event could be... well, let's just say that none of Lana's examples were mild. Toyman may have been the Red Herring, but Lana has become the Oracle.

~s
/buckles seatbelt in fear that the ride is about to get really bumpy

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

thud Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
even if he's too big a lunkhead to see it."
Delightful!

Framework4
Blogger
Blogger
WHY???? WHY did you have to go and make me LIKE her?? I was quite happy not liking her. Darn.

I am thrilled that they found Christopher and that the crazy dictator stayed in his country.

I love this story!!! thumbsup

Here…poke that.
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Hmm... I wonder how Lois will take that monologue....

I hope the posting on my birthday tomorrow is a pleasant surprise =P

Sara "Lieta"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
I finally got the cast off and I can finally type again even though my arm feels like jelly and it is still a little painful...

Wow! This week we really got everything! smile Nate is doing better (thankfully!), Lois and Clark still don't really know where they stand, Ross and Rachel got married, Lana and Clark finally talked, they all graduated, Christopher was almost kidnapped (even if not by the crazy dictator), Lana came to her senses and even apoligized! Now it is just Clark who needs to see the light. LOL I hope he won't need a major disaster to realize that what he has is all he wants.

When I saw the preview with Lana wanting to talk to Clark, I had a feeling she was going to say goodbye to him for good. Of course during their conversation, that didn't really come across, it wasn't final in a way. But now that you had Lana talk to Lois (totally unexpected btw!), I am cheering again because my original feeling was right! And Clark should take some time to think about what his lack of feelings for Lana really means...

If even Lana sees that Clark has mor feeling for Lois than he ever had for her, then I am confident all will end well. I am looking forward to Lois's reaction, will she believe it?

For now I am glad that they got Christopher back, managed to graduate, and got jobs at the DP. dance

Please more now!

Natascha

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile . Am running a bit late this AM because the Walmart near my house had Wii Fit in for regular price [instead of about 150% on ebay etc] so I got all 4 kids in the car [DH is giving a final] and headed up there - having promised them donuts if they behaved wink . No one ever keeps them in stock [they weren't even in the cabinet - they were still in the box behind the electronics counter. They had 2 when I called but by the time I got there 15-20m later [was impressed I got there that quickly since DS wasn't up yet and had to change him etc], they had already sold one.

Anyway - thanks for the FDK and posting is next on my list wink .

Sara - yeah, I didn't want to but I kinda had to after those two chapters.

Karen - Glad you're still reading smile [Heck - I'm glad ANYONE'S still reading at this point - I probably would have given up by now wink ]. Look for resolution on the other guy soon.

Ann - Winslow P Schott was the guy from Season's Greedings. Not a clue about the comics but... Sheilah? below was right about Harold Kriptsley from Toy Story [the ep not the movie]. As for Luthor, I was just trying to come up with a building name and a Luthor crimonology building seemed like fun. To the best of my knowledge, we will not see/hear the name Luthor in any other scenario. That could always change, but I don't expect it to.

Sarah - good luck with your paper!

Sheilah - yes, Kripstley. It would be good to see sassy flirtatious Lois again wouldn't it? I also think that Lana has seen them around campus - they've each run into her there more than once - and at the wedding in particular.

JD - hair salon? really? Cool wink . Have fun on vacation!

Ann [again] - terminal lunkheadedness - is that curable?

Sonia - bumpy ride? Really? Terrible event? /looks at plot outline/ Depends on how you define terrible? Some good things are about to happen...

Michael - how do you get more than 8 smilies?

Framework - glad you think so!

ORG - yeah, I hated that part too. I really don't like her but I had to after that. Thanks!

Lieta - happy birthday!!! Hope you like today's posts!

Natascha - !!!! hi!!!! Glad you're doing better! Have missed you! Glad you've been enjoying!

Off to post...

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have no idea, Carol. The whole thing seems random to me. Or perhaps it allows 15? smilies and only says 8. I just add 3 lines of smiles and try if I can post. Reduce as needed. huh

Michael, off to read new part.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow wow wow. Great another crazy around!

What Lana said just blew me away, but I'm glad there's another element (input) in here. The back and forth between Lois and Clark will hopefully improve or take on a new perspective. I'm hoping this will help Lois somehow... though honestly I don't know where this conversation will take her thoughts. Perhaps she will just dwell on the negatives aspects of it.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard