Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here smile .

Edit: I totally made up the dance competition thing... Seemed like a small town thing to do though.

Next scheduled post:
Thursday: 1-3pm ET [sorry, giving a final early tomorrow]

Previews

Chapter 120
~*~Clark~*~

I headed back inside, wondering how long until the dance contest.

"Clark?"

I turned, startled at the voice that stopped me before I made it inside. "Lana?"

"I wanted to talk to you for a minute."

I shifted uncomfortably. "How about inside?"

"I'd rather talk where we can't be overheard. No one else needs to hear our business."
Chapter 121
~*~Lois~*~

Nate was resting his head on my shoulder when I felt a chill go over me.

I couldn't explain it but I started looking around.

Then it hit me.

"Where's Christopher?"
Yeah - I waffled on that last preview - but there it is wink .

angel-devil

Thanks smile .
Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol! Those previews are evil. I think my heart stopped at the last one. Where's Christopher?! And I hope that wasn't the last line from chapter 121 (like the Lois-seeing-Lana one in 119). *And* the preview for 120 is not all that comforting either. Lana wants to talk to Clark?! In private?! I hope he at least makes sure they can be seen by other people if not heard. The last thing they need is rumors, and the last thing Lois needs is confirmation of her worst fears.

Okay, so 118 & 119... I'm so glad that Nate is doing better. You do a great job getting Lois's exhaustion to come across. I didn't want her to leave the wedding though. The dance contest was too good to pass up, and we know they would have won.

There was a line in 119 that momentarily threw me for a loop:
"He said we could go fishing, too. Can we?"
I wasn't sure who said it. It seemed to be Christopher's turn to speak, but it lacked his 'inflection'. It was like watching one of those movies where there's suddenly a dubbed in voice, and even though you know where it's supposed to go, it feels out of place, lol. Anyway, if it wasn't Christopher speaking, it might help to say who it is... then again, it could just be me!

Great stuff!
~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Ack. Thanks. Fixed to reflect Christopher's not quite 3yo speech smile .

And - would I really do that? Give you 'where's Christopher' as a preview when it's the end of 121?

Thanks!
Carol

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
shock shock shock ACK!!! shock shock shock

Scary previews!!!! eek eek eek

Ann (takes cover)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is a small matter, but I'm pretty sure this is a typo.
Clark
~~~~~

"I'm glad you can fly," Lois said with a sigh. "I can't believe I forgot Ducky for Christopher." He was so attached to the duck I'd picked out when Clark won the pitching contest at the Corn Festival. Forgetting it was practically a cardinal sin.
This is Clark's POV, but you wrote, "He was so attached to the duck I'd picked out when CLARK won the pitching contest..." I think it should be "He was so attached to the duck LOIS had picked out when I won the pitching contest..." because I'm pretty sure Lois picked out the stuffed animal that day.

You might want to take a second look at that.

Moving on. (assuming I can, because my posts have been delated a least three times since I started writing! dance

I also find it interesting Clark didn't have any feelings for Lana when he saw her in the grocery store. Of course, his problems with Lois won't end if he does eliminate getting back together with Lana as a REMOTE possiblity.
But it would be a good start.
I wonder if he will think about that.

I also understand Lois's reaction at the wedding. Even though her husband asked her to dance (which she never saw as a possiblity) she felt that she was being compared to Lana by Clark.
After all, they had already had the "you're just not Lana" conversation.

I'd like to see Clark admit to Lois that he didn't have any feelings for Lana when he saw her in the grocery store. But he'd have to admit it to himself first.

YES! Yes! I finally finished writing my post! dance Let's see if I can post it this time before I delate everything again.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Okay, I googled 'baby-napper', and this picture came up! It certainly isn't Christopher, because the baby is too little, and it is actually a girl, too....but seriously, Carol!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!! NO baby-napping!!!!!!
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
EVIL! Christopher better be somewhere on the farm when we tune in! spider

Although, and we can all hit me with Nerf bats if I'm wrong, I don't think the first preview sounds evil. After the grocery store thing, and after watching Clark and his family hanging out, dare I say Cow might just apologize for the uncalled for things she said in the beginning of all of this? You know, after all of this is said and done, we listen to Clark's tortured soul 7 days a week, but we have no idea what Lana is really thinking. She, and again, the Nerf bat thing, may just be ready to move on...

Great parts,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You skipped over both the Christmas and the anniversary wave thud

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Where's Christopher? eek

Where's Christopher? shock

Where's Christopher? [Linked Image]

Evil, evil preview. You want to kill us, don't you? [Linked Image]
Andreia thud

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I agree with Jenn that the first preview is not necessarily evil. It could be that Lana is actually going to apologize, or else, that she is actually going to tell Clark that she doesn't want to rip his family apart. I said in my FDK on the previous parts that Lana seemed to be turning into a stalker, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

And Sara is right that it was interesting that Clark didn't have any real feelings for Lana when he met her in the store. The old spark is gone. Lana is now definitely somebody that Clark can live without. (Of course, Patrick has argued for a long time that Clark has repeatedly chosen Lois over Lana, so his subconscious self has known right from the start that Lois was the one he couldn't live without. What will it take for his conscious self to come to the same conclusion?)

Like Sonia, I was sorry that Lois wouldn't stay for the dance contest. Of course she and Clark would have won it if they had taken part. And that would have been good for their relationship. (Remember, the last time they went to a dance contest - and won it, of course - it didn't take them too long to make Christopher afterwards!) laugh

Nervously awaiting part 121, and knowing that it won't be up until I come home from work many hours from now.... frown

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys smile .

Sara - yeah that's a typo. I think that was when I typed in 'Clark' to change POV then proceeded to write like a page in Lois' POV. Thought I got all of it... Glad you liked what happened for Lana. I did too. One of my DDs is in a Title IX class now...

JD - /whistles/ You're right - at this point we have no idea what Lana's been thinking...

Michael - in my head their year has been much like mine last year was and last year from about DS' surgery until March or April is little more than a blur - and that's all it was at that point too.

Andreia - wink . No, don't want to kill you. Promise.

Ann - will reply to this post wink . The winner of the dance contest will be revealed in the next section. I think you'll be okay with it. You'd like Clark and Lana to win, right? Sorry about the posting schedule - on the VERY off chance I have time in the morning [have a final from 9-11 ET], I'll post, but I wouldn't hold your breath. frown

More tomorrow...

You know, when I bumped up the posting schedule to daily, my chapter outline list had about 125 chapters on it. But it keeps growing. And if I'm not done writing by Christmas... that would be bad b/c DH is going to be home for a week or more and that will SEVERELY curtail my writing time. As of right now, I think I have 10-12 chapters left to write, some of which should be pretty easy and some of which may not. And at the rate I'm going, it's going to end up being like 20 more instead /sigh/. Seriously. Why do I do these things to myself wink ?

Note to self: Next plot. "Hi. I'm Clark. I'm from Krypton and I can do all kinds of cool stuff." "Hi. I'm Lois. Want to get married and live happily ever after?" "Sure." The end.

Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! Pity Lois didn't want to dance with Clark... but oh well, as long as he doesn't dance with Lana... :p

Hmm, so what does Lana want to talk to him about? And is Christopher really missing or just ... you know playing hide and seek? If he is missing... Lana certainly has some bad karma on her head or something.. everytime she's in the vicinity, something disastrous happens to L&C... thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
The winner of the dance contest will be revealed in the next section. I think you'll be okay with it. You'd like Clark and Lana to win, right?
[Linked Image]

Well, this was the best PG-rated picture I could find when I googled 'horror!'!

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I thought you would like that Ann.

Carol [who has to get a 7yo ready for the bus and leave herself in the next 30m]

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, Carol, just tell your DH that he needs to bond with his children while you bond with L&C and your gentle readers. I'm sure he'll understand and help with all the enthusiasm he can muster.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Merriwether
Merriwether
We decided to be thankful for what we had rather than dwell on what we didn't."
I like Martha. I try and try to do that with my life. It's hard!

The wedding really sounded nice!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard