I've been reading this story for the past week roughly and I dedicated myself to reading it everyday when I can. I'd love to leave FDK, but I honestly don't know what to put. I've been hard-pressed on trying to express myself lately b/c I don't feel great and my brain is smushy.

My heart is heavy for Lois. To be in love with a beautiful, kind man and not to have it returned in the same fashion. Sigh.

Poor little Nate (hug).

One of my friends said their family has a history of having children with feeding difficulties. Her brother has so much weight loss and poor food retention that it negatively effected him long term - mentally and physically. It was so bad he couldn't live with his family. This was back in the late 60s early 70s though. When my friend was born her Mum knew what to do and yelled at the doctors to listen to her.

Her two children exhibited the same symptoms, and because of her knowledge and experience of the past situation, nothing when wrong. Their problem was related to the type of food they were eating. I can't remember exactly, but it was interesting and satisfying to know history didn't repeat it self.

I ran a weary hand down my face.

For now...

Kryptonian or not...

They were admitting my three-month-old son to the hospital.
Stressful. . .
sad

From ch 112.... wow 112!

"I did have one other question, though."

I nodded at him.

"Don't think I didn't notice that you still haven't answered me. What are your plans when Christopher turns five?"
I was skitterish in my chair. I realize that it would be difficult to have this conversation, but maybe he didn't say the usual "I don't know" "it's up to Lois" "I always want to be a part of Christopher and Nate's life". . . Maybe would close the situation a bit. Then again who knows what questions Sam would through Clark's way! Parents are parents! I’m glad though that Sam is perceptive.

As for staying together when both parties are not head over heals in love... I think that's not a good thing. It is very uncomfortable to be around grown ups who try to hide their true feelings. They think they are hiding it, but they are not. Kids know. If kids don't, then perhaps it isn't important or a necessity to them? I was in a similar situation like that, as were two of my friends... parents together who just stayed together for the sake of the kids. Varying levels of love or tolerance and emotion. I am very emotional person and think I am open to anything, but I know I am very insecure about showing love and what not in front of other adults in my family b/c of what I dealt with as a child. I even have problems with showing happiness in public situations when it is okay; but I somehow am embarrassed with the show. I consciously have to deal with this issue and I think I'm coming out on the winning end. A child needs to see love and the main relationship he sees - his parents - needs to be secure. IMO.. . Thinking / brainstorming ‘out loud’ about how this situation could have effected me. Yes a child can learn from the mistakes he sees.

And just where do you think you're getting off to with not finishing the Clark/Sam conversation. What did he answer? Divorce? And what did Sam say?

/stalks away mumbling about stupid kids and evil writers.../
LOL

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.