Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Feedback would be appreciated.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Clark should have thought of this solution a long time ago.

Elisabeth

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Well, I hope Clark is able to keep himself unbiased in case Larry is genuine...

And I see this making Kiley very, very angry... since she still seems to think that her feelings about about Larry should be enough for her parents to reserve judgement... and for all her confidence she doesn't know just how much anyone tied to the name Luthor hurt her parents... I wish Clark had talked about what he was remembering... not just sat there... it's up to him and Lois to explain their reactions to Kiley because she is being honest in her expectations and thoughts... now at least... neither should be expecting the other to blindly accept their point of view...

But we'll see how this goes in 4 chapters =)

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh boy, you were so right about the angst. And what do we get here? More angst. Sara, I feel really uncomfortable when reading about Kiley's family trouble, which means you're doing your job quite well smile

And now Clark's investigating. This should get interesting. Especially when he tries to find the bad stuff. Perhaps Larry smuggles diamonds in his chocolates. Or Drugs. Yes, that's it. Larry is selling psychotropic drugs to little children and old ladies. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Sara, I so hope Clark can keep unbiased as he does his investigating.

I still feel like he's not doing the stand-up thing here - he still hasn't shared with Kiley what has happened with all the Luthor's in the past. And investigating Larry behind Kiley's back is not at all the same thing as trusting his daughter's judgment enough to get to know him in a normal way.

I feel like even if he is unbiased, this could blow up in his face. To bring this back to my experience - if I had found out my parents were investigating my husband (for whatever reason), I don't think I would have stuck around to listen to what they found out. I would have been too furious. But I'm trying to remember that up until now Kiley has gotten along with her parents so her reaction is likely to be different than mine would have been.

Even if Kiley doesn't find out, I fear Clark won't be able to see past the name. He doesn't seem to be investigating Larry to see if the man is as clean as Kiley thinks he is, but to prove he is not. This does not bode well for unbiased investigating.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hello, Everyone. Thanks for the feedback.

Elisabeth - I think Clark was hoping that Kiley was done with Larry after she told her family about him. It was nieve, especially considering that she said she loved him. But she did give him indication that she wouldn't see him again in chapter 17.
So this is his "last ditch effort." Much like Clark's investigation of Lex Luthor at the end of season one can be seen as a "last ditch effort" to get Lois away from Lex.

Lieta - Yes, IF Kiley finds out, she will be angry at him. I agree they should all talk more.

Michael - I'm glad can see how uncomfortable the situation is for the Kents.
It's funny you mention drugs in the chocolates. That's one of the first things that Clark looks for. You'll have to find out the result on Wed.

Nancy - Yes, Clark isn't completely unbiased here. That said, I don't picture him as someone who would continue to blames a person without ANY evidence at all. (Of course then you have to wonder how you define evidence...)

These chapters were meant to mirror
"Barbarians at the Planet" and "House of Luthor" in many ways, although it's more dramatic on both sides because Kiley DOES love Larry, while Lois considered Lex Luthor a friend.
But, like I said in your "Triangle" feedback thread, it's always a big debate whether Lois would have supported Clark more or less if he showed her the evidence.
But ulitimately, it's a matter of not trusting each other's judgement. And that's what this is about, ultimately, as well.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard