Next Thread
Print Thread
#57808 12/03/08 07:45 AM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
I so knew the alternate title when I saw it. It was so obvious.

I thought the altercation between the two of them was very realistic. They both maintained their dignity. They both spoke their peace. It might have been painful, but at least we still like them both.

Elisabeth

#57809 12/03/08 02:28 PM
Columnist
Columnist
That was a tough chapter to read. Elisabeth is correct that you kept each character true to who we saw on the show.

I hate to see this end with the next update but I am hoping we will have a new tale from you very soon.

#57810 12/03/08 04:34 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm glad that both of them had to see that they had at least partly themselves to blame for how their relationship, such as it had been, had gone sour. I'm very glad that Clark realized that he had indeed lied to Lois when he had decieved her about his identity! And Lois should of course realize that it wasn't easy for Clark to support her as Superman when she had just rejected him as Clark.

The flying scene was beautiful. But now it's time for both of them to come down to the Earth and realize where they belong - with each other!

Ann

#57811 12/03/08 05:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What, you mean you weren't going to name it Table of Contents! God, I totally had that picked out for the guess. goofy

Ditto everyone. It went kind of sour, but that's they way they are. Superman's always a difficult subject, one, because Clark doesn't see his alter-ego the way others do, and two, because Lois will always feel duped. So they need to lick their wounds.

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#57812 12/03/08 07:39 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I can't wait to see how this resolves! I like revelations where Clark bites the bullet and gets up the nerve to tell (or just show!) Lois the truth. And Lois then reacted appropriately! And maybe this shock was what she needed to get back in gear. At the very least, she's not being lied to anymore and can take control of how she responds to Clark.

Amber

#57813 12/04/08 07:52 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, more angst dizzy

DJ, I can so understand your approach to writing. It sometimes feels as if you have to whack them over the head and tie them down in order to make them behave and get to the point were you want them, huh?

So, how *are* you going to wrap it up? There will be a happy ending, right? wildguy Right? wildguy

Michael blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#57814 12/04/08 05:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw you're tearing my heart out. More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#57815 12/04/08 06:15 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Please, pretty please with sprinkles and a cherry on top make this a happy ending? grovel I need something good to get my mind off of exams!

~Kelly

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
#57816 12/04/08 11:14 PM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois rejected Clark AFTER he took her FLYING? NO SHE DIDN"T! Girl-we do need to talk.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#57817 12/05/08 10:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hello everyone! *waves frantically*

Heh. I really should work on being more subtle. smile Thanks Elisabeth. Glad to know it felt real. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi CP33! I'm sorry it was hard... but, yay, cuz that's what I was going for. smile Awww, what a compliment that I kept them in character. Thanks so much!

Hi Ann. I'm glad you enjoyed the flying scene. In my mind it was spectacular. I'm glad you enjoyed them getting everything out in the open. Thanks for the comments.

Hey there Jen! LOL *dies laughing* I can always count on you for a good laugh. laugh Table of Contents... hmm... I'll have to remember that for my next fic wink Yes... lick their wounds... exactly. Thank you!

Hi Amberlea. I do too. I like Lois revelations where she figures it out herself, too, but let's face it... they did that on the show. Sometimes it's fun to let Clark be brave and bold and do the revealing. Thanks for the fdk.

Hi Michael. Hee hee. Sorry. Didn't anyone warn you? At one time they gave me some sort of angst crown back in my heyday when I was writing more. Glad to know I still have the touch. smile Happy ending? Hmmm... again, hasn't anyone told you about my stories? I just abhor happy endings wink Thanks so much for the fdk.

Hi Laura! Drat - I hate that. I shall locate the Tinman immediately and send you on your way to see Oz. We can't have you without your heart. smile Thanks Laura.

Hello there Kelly. Ooooh, an escape during exams? I'll see what I can do for you. Hope your exams go well! *fingers crossed*

Hi SJH! LOL! Yes, shame on her! How could she not be wooed out of her senses by that flight over Paris. Heh.

Thank you all so much! I can't believe there's just one part left. I've been having so much fun! Thanks for all the lovely fdk and comments. See you all soon!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#57818 12/06/08 06:42 AM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
DJ - I read this part a few days ago, but I was at work, where I don't log on, and haven't had a chance to get online at home to leave you feedback.

I really liked this chapter. As Elisabeth said, Lois and Clark stayed true to character. I was glad Clark told her his secret, but I was also sort of glad that Lois was so angry at him for it. And particularly the way he did it - I could completely understand why she was angry at him for not letting her down. She wanted to rant and rave probably (and possibly get away) but all she can do is stand still up there.

I can't wait to see how you resolve this!

#57819 12/07/08 12:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi anonpip! Thanks for the fdk! And for the compliment. I appreciate that. Glad to know you enjoyed that part and hope you enjoy the finale. smile

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard