Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/waves/

Well you guys were certainly chatty while I was out and about today wink . Took DS to get his second flu shot today and he was OVER TWENTY POUNDS!!!! WOOHOO!! 20lb 4oz. Of course, we cried because it was our last visit with this doc as our insurance changed providers yesterday [so today's visit was technically as out of network...]. All three nurses working came in to say buy and the nurse practitioner poked her head in for a few minutes [even though we weren't supposed to see her]. They have that pic of DS in his high chair at his bday party and his sisters' bday party 11 weeks later [from the DS Updated thread in OT] posted on their light board where everyone can see it because they are SO proud of him.

Of course, Best Buy called and left a message with the two hour window tomorrow and I'm going to be gone for half an hour of it - here's hoping the new TV gets here earlier rather than later... And now I get to move everything so it's all ready for them when they get here tomorrow. And do laundry. And you know what? Because you guys left such great fdk today - I'll even post *everything* I've written today at the end of this post - and yes, I have written something.

Grinch - so sorry about the work productivity. I forget when, but they do discuss what Clark was thinking about the other night at some point. And then I realized you meant at the cabin wink . No paternity test. TBDiscussed in a future part. As for the 24 hour pill, Lois has mentioned her reasons for avoiding abortions [which is how she'd probably see this - given the superswimmers and all]. And LOL! Love the UP plot line!

LoveSuper - hehe!

Lieta [and others] - I love that you love the inner teenager. He's still only 20!

Michael - LOL! The evening thing? No, not Wed yet...

Lieta - interesting Lana as the harbinger of doom. Hadn't thought about that. She will be appearing at least once soon... As for Mindy - I'm not *entirely* certain where she is right now, but I'm guessing she might be 'rediscovering her faith'. She'll be back eventually.

Amberlea - I think *maturing* is the way to put it. Glad you're reading!

Sarah - /whistles/...

Sheila - LOL! Love the implication - I'll be completely honest and say I planned it that way. Yup. Uh huh.

Terry - hehe! I will promise this - Lana will be alive and well at the end of the fic. Unless she happens to be in Canada in the way of that meteor from last week but I'm not planning on that. At one point in plotting, we discussed Lana getting married as the catalyst for what just happened, but that didn't seem right - and again, there's no real choice for Clark to make if Lana is unavailable for some reason - no deliberate choice involved - and I didn't like that.

Andreia - wink I know - Clark is thinking. Watch out and get your fire extinguisher - or at least your superbreath. And /giggle/ I thought the flying thing was funny too. I should have tossed the you'll never know what he's like in bed thing in, but alas, I didn't, and for other reasons, I can't add it back in.

Natascha - Well, this time was four times. *If* she is pregnant, it only took one of those...

Michael - LOL!

Sonia - Love the game comparisons! Hmm... I don't remember what I said about Christopher as a sibling. Whether she's pregnant now or not, I'd imagine that I said something like 'anytime soon' or something like that - leaving myself open to interpretation - because that's something I would do.

Ann - Clark will learn more about his Kryptonian heritage at some point. He has the globe and the ship after all. There's been multiple fics [mine included] that have more than just the 5 messages on it. Yeah - it didn't take long for that resolve to disappear did it?

Sara - Yes, she was kind of harsh and she realizes that and will bring it up later [or I think she does - will have to make sure she did when I meant for her to]. I agree with those who posted after you in that Clark is a little different than your average adoptee. It doesn't *matter* but it does matter. If that makes any sense at all. I don't think she means Lana would keep him from the kids - I think [and she thinks] Lana's too smart for that - me or the kids Clark and she comes in a distant second and she knows that. That doesn't mean she will *want* to be a step mom to them and won't say things about his 'real family' out of his hearing and stuff like that.

Grinch - ditto.

Lara - hehe - glad I could help with the fdk.

Lara and Michael - There are no miscarriages planned for anyone at this point.

So, now, are you ready for the preview I promised of everything I've written today?

Here tis:

*~*104*~*
~~~~~
Lois
~~~~~

I looked out the window.
Yep. That's it. And yes 104, which is next Wed. post and if I don't really get on the ball I may have to lower the posting schedule back to EOD. I completely forgot I had a big assignment due today and now I have to grade them... /sigh/ But now I need to go work on laundry, getting ready for the new TV [46" Sharp BTW], get kids taken care of and maybe to bed very early [and watch NCIS of course wink ].

Thanks guys!
Carol

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Forgot earlier.... lol @ role reversal from Faster than a Speeding Vixen =P

PS: You are a tease!

Sara "Lieta"
Features Writer
Features Writer
I agree with Lieta
PS: You are a tease!
Your wost than Michael. goofy rotflol

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dear Clark,

You are not allowed to simultaneously use the excuse "She's my wife, we're supposed to make love" and believe "I will finally divorce her in three years." The latter negates the assertion that she is your wife.

Love,
Amy

Features Writer
Features Writer
You go Amy! P.S. Clark get over it! Ms. thang is gone! Move on with Lois and Chris and maybe new litle one?!
Carol what the address to Smallville or Metropolis, New Troy. So we can send them out. laugh laugh

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well I agree that Clark shouldn't be counting the years until he can divorce Lois, particularly after making love with her, I also think assuming he would agree to stay married to Lois would assume that sex solves everything.

And it doesn't.
Certainly it helped Clark realize he has some feelings for Lois, but they have a lot more to work through than just that.
It's not going to be wrapped up in a big bow because they had a roll in the hay, even if it DID mean something to both of them.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I'm speechless.

Really.

See you guys tomorrow. Great parts. wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Has anyone noticed that every time they talk about divorce at least out loud that it's always lois who brings it up. Just food for thought.

Going back to lurkdome now.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Has anyone noticed that every time they talk about divorce at least out loud that it's always lois who brings it up. Just food for thought.
Very interesting thought. I take it as being part of that wall around her heart she was building several parts ago (too late at night to go find it). I think it's part of her self-defense mechanism kicking in - you know, it won't hurt as much when it happens if I keep talking about it. Doesn't work that way, of course, but that never stopped anyone I know from using it. Why should Lois be any different?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Exactly. The thought of Clark divorcing her, and him being so set on doing it too, is killing Lois. It's as if her life has turned into some sort of advent calendar of angst, only it's a five-year advent calendar instead of a twenty-four-day one. And it's counting down to a day of horror instead of a day of joy. And each day the angst just builds! No wonder Lois has to confront Clark about the upcoming divorce that he is so comfortable with!

There is a Swedish saying which goes like this: What your heart is full of will come out of your mouth. In other words, when your heart is full of angst, you will have to talk about it at least a little.

[Linked Image]

Advent calendar of divorce angst?

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I think you've got it right - Lois is trying to protect herself, never letting herself forget that this is a temporary situation for her.

I did get a lot more written last night - not a whole chapter, but a lot more than Lois staring out the window wink .

Thanks Queenie!!!! She was my inspiration the last two nights - and I think you guys will love what she helped me come up with.

Going to get ready to post!
Carol

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard