Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
clap Brava!

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
mmmm... loved it. Poor Lois, at the beginning, but it's a good thing she took time to actually *think* about her relationship with Clark, instead of just going ahead on auto-pilot like she had been.

Still, you gotta love it: Superman tells her that he's Clark, that he loves her passionately... and she reacts by calling him a ratfink! rotflol She processed that information quickly enough wink

And what a really really sweet ending... <sigh>

You should write these more often, Wendy. Plus long stories finished every other week wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww!!! This was great, Wendy! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Columnist
Columnist
Awww! Very sweet... and short. I'd forgotten that you, um, can write short stories. wink

I loved this.

So... when's the next epic going to be posted? laugh

Irene laugh

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi.

Great story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
::very happy sigh:: Just beautiful, Wendy. I like the introspection that Lois went through in the first half, realizing how badly she'd treated Clark during the whole Luthor business.

And then Clark, so overwhelmed by Lois' declaration of love for Clark to Superman that he kisses her *as* Superman... Lovely, but very confusing for poor Lois, especially since he hasn't quite remembered the fact that he hasn't told her "the secret" yet...but as Pam said, she managed to process the information quickly enough. And she got over her anger remarkably quickly, too. I'm proud of you, Lois. goofy

It was a kiss of trust, honesty and love; a kiss heralding the start of a new and wonderful relationship.

Her heart wasn’t breaking any more. And her dreams were all coming alive again, right in front of her eyes.
[Linked Image] Magic...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wendy
good job, well done
and very sweet
merry

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Wendy! A story with angst, introspection, smoochies, and a revelation. You guys participating in those quizzes read this story yet? We've got some more quotes for the favorite smoochies/cluechies quizzes. (For those unfamiliar with the slang, those are the Favorite Smoochie and Favorite Revelations quizzes currently active in the Fanfic Related folder)

More vignettes are great. I like the long ones, but I could get accustomed to a steady diet of Wendyfic vignettes. smile Or maybe even a collaboration or two? (Paying attention, Kae?)

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautiful, Wendy! smile As agonizing and angsty as the start was, so sweet and waffy was the end. This was a wonderful start for my day, even if I noticed a few tears rolling over my cheeks, but the laughs and the happy sighs made up for that. smile

Now you should get back to your keyboard and write us more stories like these. Or some longer ones. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Top Banana
Top Banana
The others said pretty much all I want to say about this story. What's to add? I loved it from start to finish: I could feel Lois's pain as she realised what losing Clark means to her and the loneliness that hits her then. I really enjoyed Superman comforting her and showing more and more of his Clark-persona to her, up to the point where he kissed her and told her he loved her. It was such a Clark-thing to do, forgetting himself because he's so completely focused on helping her. smile1

Kaethel smile (not that evil after all! evil )

ps: Roger, yes, paying attention. At the moment, I'm focusing on a long-standing WIP of mine (barring a little vignette on the side) and as far as I know, Wendy is devoting her attention to her next epic ( jump ), but who knows what our Muses might decide one of these days? wink

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I suppose this means that this Lois won't be running off to Minnesota for comfort and companionship either. frown

Tank (who thinks he might have to change his name to Clark to ever have a chance around here)

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Oh, that was beautiful. <sniff> Very satisfying....

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy!

That was wonderful.

Just the thing to read on a Sunday evening. It'll make Monday morning a lot easier smile

Thank you,

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Very nice, Wendy! I really enjoy these short stories. Not that I don't love the long ones, but there is something so satisfying about being able to read something like this all at once. smile I hope you will write more of them.

I think my favorite part was when Clark first told her her that he didn't want Mayson, only her ... and Lois didn't even get it. <g> Thinking about it from Clark's POV made me laugh. The poor guy thinks he has told her and she is still telling him she can't kiss Superman. LOL.

Nice job. smile

Kathy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! I love this. smile1

Tricia cool

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feeling a bit braindead, so can't think of much more to say that isn't just repeating what's been said already, but...

<snuffle>

Beautifully done, Wendy.

I think my favourite line was Lois getting all hopeful over Clark wanting to open the door to her sans shirt. goofy

thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
whinging whinging

Jose smile

P.S.
At the moment, I'm focusing on a long-standing WIP of mine
You better... with Labby's SDB is one of the most expected sequels wink peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Wendy, smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Wendy, what a treat to see this on the boards today. It was typicaly you, and you know I love that. This is how the story should have gone that day after she saw him kiss Mason. Thanks for making my day. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ahhh, the heart does fear the truth. In this case the truth was Lois's feelings for Clark, and too bad it took her seeing him kiss Mayson to figure that out. As much of a fan of Mayson as I am, I still wanted to ring her neck mad , but it happened and its just sad that Lois had to see it. Glad everything worked out in the end, though. As I said, very poignant and lyrical. Lois was perfectly written and I commend you for that feat.

Loved it! smile1

-Jo

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard