Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: KSaraSara FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 03:55 PM
clap Brava!

Sara
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 04:06 PM
mmmm... loved it. Poor Lois, at the beginning, but it's a good thing she took time to actually *think* about her relationship with Clark, instead of just going ahead on auto-pilot like she had been.

Still, you gotta love it: Superman tells her that he's Clark, that he loves her passionately... and she reacts by calling him a ratfink! rotflol She processed that information quickly enough wink

And what a really really sweet ending... <sigh>

You should write these more often, Wendy. Plus long stories finished every other week wink

PJ
Posted By: Elena Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 04:10 PM
Awww!!! This was great, Wendy! smile1
Posted By: IreneD Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 06:30 PM
Awww! Very sweet... and short. I'd forgotten that you, um, can write short stories. wink

I loved this.

So... when's the next epic going to be posted? laugh

Irene laugh
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 07:54 PM
Hi.

Great story. smile1
Posted By: KathyM Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 09:08 PM
::very happy sigh:: Just beautiful, Wendy. I like the introspection that Lois went through in the first half, realizing how badly she'd treated Clark during the whole Luthor business.

And then Clark, so overwhelmed by Lois' declaration of love for Clark to Superman that he kisses her *as* Superman... Lovely, but very confusing for poor Lois, especially since he hasn't quite remembered the fact that he hasn't told her "the secret" yet...but as Pam said, she managed to process the information quickly enough. And she got over her anger remarkably quickly, too. I'm proud of you, Lois. goofy

It was a kiss of trust, honesty and love; a kiss heralding the start of a new and wonderful relationship.

Her heart wasn’t breaking any more. And her dreams were all coming alive again, right in front of her eyes.
[Linked Image] Magic...

KathyM
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/30/03 09:46 PM
Wendy
good job, well done
and very sweet
merry
Posted By: RL Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 12:50 AM
Wow, Wendy! A story with angst, introspection, smoochies, and a revelation. You guys participating in those quizzes read this story yet? We've got some more quotes for the favorite smoochies/cluechies quizzes. (For those unfamiliar with the slang, those are the Favorite Smoochie and Favorite Revelations quizzes currently active in the Fanfic Related folder)

More vignettes are great. I like the long ones, but I could get accustomed to a steady diet of Wendyfic vignettes. smile Or maybe even a collaboration or two? (Paying attention, Kae?)
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 01:06 AM
Beautiful, Wendy! smile As agonizing and angsty as the start was, so sweet and waffy was the end. This was a wonderful start for my day, even if I noticed a few tears rolling over my cheeks, but the laughs and the happy sighs made up for that. smile

Now you should get back to your keyboard and write us more stories like these. Or some longer ones. wink

Saskia
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 05:41 AM
The others said pretty much all I want to say about this story. What's to add? I loved it from start to finish: I could feel Lois's pain as she realised what losing Clark means to her and the loneliness that hits her then. I really enjoyed Superman comforting her and showing more and more of his Clark-persona to her, up to the point where he kissed her and told her he loved her. It was such a Clark-thing to do, forgetting himself because he's so completely focused on helping her. smile1

Kaethel smile (not that evil after all! evil )

ps: Roger, yes, paying attention. At the moment, I'm focusing on a long-standing WIP of mine (barring a little vignette on the side) and as far as I know, Wendy is devoting her attention to her next epic ( jump ), but who knows what our Muses might decide one of these days? wink
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 06:03 AM
I suppose this means that this Lois won't be running off to Minnesota for comfort and companionship either. frown

Tank (who thinks he might have to change his name to Clark to ever have a chance around here)
Oh, that was beautiful. <sniff> Very satisfying....

Sherry
Posted By: Helga Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 01:31 PM
Wendy!

That was wonderful.

Just the thing to read on a Sunday evening. It'll make Monday morning a lot easier smile

Thank you,

Helga
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 08/31/03 07:12 PM
Very nice, Wendy! I really enjoy these short stories. Not that I don't love the long ones, but there is something so satisfying about being able to read something like this all at once. smile I hope you will write more of them.

I think my favorite part was when Clark first told her her that he didn't want Mayson, only her ... and Lois didn't even get it. <g> Thinking about it from Clark's POV made me laugh. The poor guy thinks he has told her and she is still telling him she can't kiss Superman. LOL.

Nice job. smile

Kathy
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 03:43 AM
Wendy

WOW! I love this. smile1

Tricia cool
Posted By: LabRat Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 05:40 AM
Feeling a bit braindead, so can't think of much more to say that isn't just repeating what's been said already, but...

<snuffle>

Beautifully done, Wendy.

I think my favourite line was Lois getting all hopeful over Clark wanting to open the door to her sans shirt. goofy

thumbsup

LabRat smile
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 06:16 AM
whinging whinging

Jose smile

P.S.
At the moment, I'm focusing on a long-standing WIP of mine
You better... with Labby's SDB is one of the most expected sequels wink peep
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 07:45 AM
Wow Wendy, smile1 )
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 01:53 PM
Oh Wendy, what a treat to see this on the boards today. It was typicaly you, and you know I love that. This is how the story should have gone that day after she saw him kiss Mason. Thanks for making my day. Laura
Posted By: Jocelyn Brant Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/01/03 02:02 PM
Ahhh, the heart does fear the truth. In this case the truth was Lois's feelings for Clark, and too bad it took her seeing him kiss Mayson to figure that out. As much of a fan of Mayson as I am, I still wanted to ring her neck mad , but it happened and its just sad that Lois had to see it. Glad everything worked out in the end, though. As I said, very poignant and lyrical. Lois was perfectly written and I commend you for that feat.

Loved it! smile1

-Jo
Posted By: lynnm Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/02/03 01:02 PM
Just love the Lois-jealousy. Nothing like the green-eyed monster to make you see what you had and didn't appreciate!

Great story - loved Clark's reaction when Lois said "You'd have to get him out of bed" and he thought she meant he was sleeping. That's our naive farmboy. wink

Good Job!
Lynn
Posted By: MissyG Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/03/03 07:08 AM
Awww!!

Wonderful story, Wendy!

Loved how Clark dropped his Superman personality and comforted her as Clark. Then how Lois pulled away from Superman because she wanted Clark...

Awwww!!

Then more smoochies after the revelation!!

Excellent!! More soon!

Missy
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 09/08/03 03:33 PM
And incredibly late coming back to this folder, too! I suppose I should blame the Evil Duo, Kaethel and Elena, who have been somewhat insistent that I concentrate my energies elsewhere, goofy but that really is no excuse. frown

Anyway, as I said, this was inspired by an angsty song which Kaethel and I both love; and I'm delighted to see that she's now started posting what I think of as the 'twin' to this story, since it's inspired by the other song we listened to a lot recently, Delta Goodrem's Not Me, Not I. Kaethel's story, Seasons Out Of Time (and what an acronym, Kae! eek ) is now playing in the fanfic folder too. <g>

I'm delighted that you all seemed to like this little vignette. It seemed to me that we never really saw enough of Lois's sudden discovery that it was possible for her to lose Clark to Mayson. Sure, she was jealous of Mayson, that was obvious, but where were the attempts to win him back for herself? All we got were snippy remarks - indicating that Lois was still in denial about her feelings. Okay, we saw her looking upset when Mayson cut in on her dance with Clark, but then she concluded that she'd never lose Clark anyway. And I can't see how that could possibly be true, since if he started dating Mayson he'd naturally stop spending so much time with Lois. As many writers have pointed out, at this stage in S2 they were pretty much dating anyway, just without the romance.

Anyway, again, many, many thanks to all of you who commented on this! Your feedback is very much appreciated. smile Especially those who liked the 'love you - ratfink' exchange. goofy

And, Irene:
Very sweet... and short. I'd forgotten that you, um, can write short stories
LOL! You are... evil ...

And Rat:
I think my favourite line was Lois getting all hopeful over Clark wanting to open the door to her sans shirt.
LOL and thank you!!! laugh

Wendy smile
Posted By: Pelican Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 10/01/03 12:47 PM
Eek! eek I've read this vignette so many times by now, laughing, sniffing, making notes, and yet I forgot to paste the comments and then I moved away for a while... Bad, bad, very bad bird!! thumbsup

As I've thought about so many of your stories, Wendy: absolutely perfect! hyper

Pelican smile

oh, and this:
Like most of my short stories, this one is all Kaethel's fault.
Do you, Kaethel, swear undying love to the Folcdom, to hold and cherish, bla bla bla, and to never, ever leave us..? You're obvisouly *VERY* much needed, both for your own writing (!!) and making Wendy write such terrific stories like this one! smile
Posted By: Kaethel Re: FDK: It Only Hurts When I Breathe - 10/01/03 01:43 PM
Do you, Kaethel, swear undying love to the Folcdom, to hold and cherish, bla bla bla, and to never, ever leave us..? You're obvisouly *VERY* much needed, both for your own writing (!!) and making Wendy write such terrific stories like this one!
I'm getting married!! I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!! jawdrop All right, getting married to a fandom is rather unusual, but... I'm getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eep, does that mean El is going to force me to wear a hat? cat

Kaethel smile (blushing profusely at both Wendy's and Pel's nice words blush )
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards