Epilogue:

“And the award for distinguished editorial writing, the test of excellence being clearness of style, moral purpose, sound reasoning, and power to influence public opinion in what the writer conceives to be the right direction. . . Lois Lane.”

Lois beamed happily as she walked to the platform. Another Pulitzer, this time for the editorial she had written while Clark had been in Irrat.

Clark had laughed heartily when she had received the call to notify her of the win. “Wow, Lois, three Pulitzer’s in just a little over a year.”

“You’ve got to stop calling him that.”

“Ah, Joey doesn’t mind. Do you, kid?”

Joey had gurgled happily.

Lois accepted the award, thanked her family and colleagues, and returned to the table to sit with Clark.

“So, are you up for some dancing tonight?” he asked.

“Why, are we going dancing?”

“I’m going to fly Joey back to Metropolis to stay with Mariel and you and I are going to go to this hotel I know about. If memory serves, there’s a great alfredo on their menu, and you know what pasta does to me.”

Lois burst out laughing.

I hope that you all have enjoyed this story as much as I have. I didn't want Lois and Clark to get back together too easily. I hope that I conveyed that they both needed to make some changes and experience some growth to have the marriage that they both had really wanted all along.

thanks!

rkn