Next Thread
Print Thread
#57441 11/24/08 11:00 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, something fun to wake up to, tomorrow morning.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#57442 11/24/08 03:24 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love it but you're killing me. As I read through this here is my mind:

smile1 smile smile1 blush clap

Bob

#57443 11/24/08 03:38 PM
Columnist
Columnist
This part was torture! How can they be so dysfunctional! When is Lois ever going to wake up and see what is right in front of her.

I can't wait for more of this. Can't it be longer than 9 parts?

#57444 11/24/08 03:47 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Loved the emotions between Lois and Clark when Clark embraced her! sloppy

Libe Bob, I too was jumping up and down when things were going so well. That sigh of contentment that Clark heard coming from Lois could just as well have come from me!

I was ready to do an itty-bitty touch of strangling of Martha when I read this, though:

“I need to come clean with her,” Clark mused out loud, returning to his seat.

“About what?” his mom asked, raising an eyebrow as she glanced over at her husband.

“You know what,” Clark said doggedly. “I lied to her about my feelings, Mom. She's upset because I lied. And in her eyes, I'm two separate people. I've been pretending to be two different people for the past year.” He sighed before continuing, “How do you think she's going to look at that when she finds out? More lies?”

“But you didn't lie about being Superman,” his mom objected.

“Maybe...”

“No maybes, Clark,” she insisted. “Did she ever *ask* you if you were Superman and you denied it?”
He carefully cultivated two personas and most carefully kept the two personas separate, he ran away offering blatantly untrue and lame excuses so that he could change from one persona to another - and he didn't lie just because Lois didn't actually ask him if he was Superman and therefore he never told her 'no'? sloppy sloppy sloppy

But Lois had run away, and I could feel some sort of sympathy for thinking that Clark was moving too fast. But then she had to run into Claude!!!! Aaaarggghhh!!!! I don't trust that man! Her Monday morning appointment with him is surely not the world's best date to look forward to!

Ann

#57445 11/24/08 08:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great. Just peachy.
goofy
My sentiments exactly. I'm going to have to read something else now because there's no way I'm going to end my night on Claude.

Interesting developments! Yeah, I wouldn't have expected any of my friends to fly to Paris on the red eye just because they missed me...or at least I snicker at the thought of blowing my vacation money on a red eye...good insight on Lois' part that this visit was a little more than, "Hey, let's hang out in Paris! I just have to cover the..." well I don't know how many miles it is across the pond because it's too far for Google, and by the way I was hugely creeped out that the Google map randomly started at Brazzaville. Talk about your fictional world coincidences. Anyway, we'll see what happens...it's just a lot for Lois to stomach, and when you toss a little bit of the Butcher into the blender...

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#57446 11/25/08 07:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
DJ, I loved this part. Martha's reasoning did strike me as a bit odd though.

And now Lois scared again and what does Claude want form her. My bet is, asking her why she's even here and sending her home laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#57447 11/25/08 01:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was happy to see this posted again. Intersting turn of events. I almost thought she'd guess that he was Superman but I am sure it won't be long until she knows anyway. Yeah can we get rid of Claude, he seems like an extra thing that doesn't fit in with the A plot anymore. I want more kissing with Clark of course, dump Claude quick<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#57448 11/25/08 03:21 PM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Wouldn't airlines that offer mileage rewards tell you how long the flight is?

I'm still enjoying, but I feel a little cheated knowing that there's only 9 parts. Hopefully thats just two more parts until DJ starts the next L&C story. laugh

Elisabeth

#57449 11/26/08 07:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi everyone! *waves*

Glad to give you something to wake up for, Michael. lol

Hi Bob. I didn't do it and you can't prove nothin... oh wait... lol smile Glad you're enjoying it.

Hi cp33. Man... killing... torture... didn't realize I was so mean. lol Awww, aren't you sweet to ask for more than 9 parts... but alas, no, I think 9 shall be it. Thanks!

Hi Ann! Heh - I knew you'd be irritated with Martha. But he's her only son and I could just so see her being all protective of him like that. smile Claude may surprise you yet... or maybe not. Heh. Thanks.

Hi Jen! Hee hee... glad you liked that last line. smile Yeah, I don't have too many friends that would fly the red-eye for me either. Heh. Thanks for the fdk!

Oh, hello again Michael! Ooooh, I like your guessing. wink Thanks for the comments!

Hi Laura! More kissing? I'll see what I can do. smile But it may go downhill before it comes up. Heh. Thanks for the fdk and comments!

Hi Elisabeth! Awww, aren't you sweet! You mean you aren't sick of me yet?

Thanks so much guys! Sorry my replies weren't longer this time... I'm pressed for time but I just had to come reply and say thank you! C-ya again soon!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#57450 12/02/08 01:49 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Ack! Sorry it's been so long, both finals and NaNoWriMo were keeping me pretty busy, but now I'm back and caught up with this great fic!

Loved this part, though they make me wallbash .

I want more, darn it, so hurry up! wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
#57451 12/03/08 02:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Jessie! *waves*

*reads*

Ack! Yes, ma'am! Right away!

LOL. smile Thanks for the fdk! Glad you're enjoying it. And I do have the next part ready. I'm posting it right now.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard