Next Thread
Print Thread
#57202 11/19/08 05:29 PM
Keladry Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Lessons: 2/3? Woohoo you just made my day thumbsup

The image of Clark, without a stitch on, looking like one of those anatomically correct Grecian statues that she'd seen in magazines -- only better -- was branded in her memory and wasn't going to fade any time soon, if ever.
Though I've got to admit, I have to stop drinking beverages while reading your stories or my monitor will be in serious danger. laugh

Can't wait for the next part.

Janine

I Do Whatever My Rice Krispies Tell Me To
#57203 11/19/08 05:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, another part! Nan, your stories are always so good. Well-written, good ideas behind them, and always interesting to read!

"What were you doing there, anyway?" he asked. "Don't tell me you were there by accident."

She had foreseen the question from him, sooner or later, and had the answer ready. "I was watching the sky, hoping Superman would show up, and I saw a fireball hit in that part of town," she said. "I came to see what it was. I hoped it was Superman, returning."

"Did you find anything?"

She shook her head. "I found you."
Ironically, Lois is becoming like Clark here. She'll tell him the truth. She just isn't telling him all of the truth.

Now that the Nightfall crisis was past, once Clark regained his memory, maybe she could treat Superman differently, and maybe, once she got to know Clark better, something more than friendship could begin to grow.
And I'm really hoping that you'll write that story! That would be something to look forward to. I hope it happens in later chapters of this story, or a sequel.

"Something's wrong," Clark said, as they moved to the sofa.
What? What? Now you've got me wondering. Cliffhanger! Aargh!

#57204 11/19/08 06:10 PM
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Again... I love this Lois.... but hmm.... I think they did miss something...... a three mile something...

Sara "Lieta"
#57205 11/19/08 07:53 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Although I love the fact that Lois knows about Superman's identity, I can't really understand her reactions.

So now I'm imagining that a super hot hunk, a truly incredible guy, seemingly appears from nowhere. For a fleeting moment, this guy notices me and seems to like me!!!!

Shortly before the appearance of this marvellous guy, another fellow, an admittedly good-looking but still irritating newbie has gotten a job as a teacher at my school. I get the job of breaking him in and teaching him the ropes around my school. Hrrrmphhh!!! I don't like it! And to make things worse, this guy seems to have taken a liking to me!

So this guy keeps teasing me and getting me coffee, and I keep thinking of the other, marvellous guy. And then suddenly, one day, I find out that these two men are one and the same!!!

How do I react? First of all I'm shocked. How could this guy get away with his game? How could I not have noticed?

Then I feel angry at myself for getting fooled by this guy's act, of course. And I wonder if I could have impressed the marvellous hunk if I had seen through his disguise. But more than that I am angry at the guy who works at my school. What is he up to? What is his game? What did he mean by sort-of-courting me under false pretenses?

Those would be my reactions, which is why I'm so puzzled by Lois here. She doesn't keep thinking of how she found out about Superman's secret, as if the crcumstances of her discovery wasn't a very big deal. And the fact that she has had two different relationships with these two men who turn out to be one and the same doesn't bother her either. She isn't wondering what sort of relationship she could possibly have with them/him now, or at least she doesn't seem to have been thinking of it before this very chapter, although she has known about Superman's identity for some time. She takes everything very much in stride and is pretty much content with blaming herself for her own behaviour.

I'm not saying that the story isn't still great. I always enjoy seeing amnesiac Clark. He is really sweet. And of course I look forward to the real revelation, when Clark finds out who he is, and when he finds out that Lois really knows who he is. That should be awkward and endearing at the same time! thumbsup

But I have to say that my bafflement at Lois's reactions keeps me mystified.

Ann

#57206 11/19/08 11:06 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Ann, this is part 3 of the series. She's had weeks to work through a lot of the prior reactions, and has been watching him and trying to figure out his motives ever since. Instead of flying off the handle, she decided not to tell him that she knew and stood back and analyzed his behavior over several weeks. Finally, during the Nightfall crisis, watching first Superman's behavior and then the amnesiac Clark's, she's figured out the basics.

Lois is a smart professional, and she is First Season Lois. She isn't in love with Clark, but she is still his friend, and still lusts after Superman. She isn't really blaming herself, but she is certainly capable of seeing where some of her own behavior isn't perfect. So she decides to make a small change, in light of her new information.

I can see the First Season's cynical Lois doing something like that initially, since she wasn't in love with him, and so had less reason to be angry and more reason to be curious and a little suspicious.

After all, one is likely to learn more about someone who doesn't know that anyone suspects than otherwise. Lois is past the anger stage. Now she is just trying to figure out what is really going on.

In any case, the lessons are for both individuals. Lois has learned a few things, and Clark will learn things as well.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#57207 11/20/08 12:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story as always, Nan. Looking forward to more.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#57208 11/20/08 01:46 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I thought, I had left feedback and now I see that I didn't.

Only one comment, can't there be more than three parts?!?

Looking forward to more.

#57209 11/20/08 05:57 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
There might be. It depends if I can fit everything left into the next part. I have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow and probably won't feel like writing for a couple of days. However, I've already done a page and a half of the next part, and we'll see what develops after that. I already know what I'm going to have Lois do to try to bring back Clark's memory. It is totally Lois and probably the most effective thing she could come up with. And in character. That is, as Clark said in the show, reckless, and dangerous. But Lois wouldn't be Lois if she did something safe and unremarkable.

Nan

#57210 11/21/08 07:48 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked it, Nan. Knowing this was about Clark and his Nightfall amnesia, I thought for sure the lessons would be for him. However, I see that Lois is learning some valuable things too. Nice.

I would like more than just one more part, too. Please?

Brenda

#57211 11/22/08 03:45 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Nan,

As always, I love your stories. Though you change the scenarios, your Lois and Clark always stay true to the show.

Great that they are both learning things about themselves and each other. smile

Oh, and I wouldn't mind another part either.

Yours Jenni

#57212 11/23/08 02:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful part, Nan; a part I finally got around too blush

I'm a bit surprised that Lois never turned on the radio, at all. Wouldn't that be something she'd do automatically?

What worries me though, is Lois projecting her Super-lust onto Clark. She has now found a way to get Superman, all she has to do is lie to Clark and be responsive to him. This can't end well. Wonder what the sequel will be named devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#57213 11/25/08 10:35 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Hi all. I'm back and will continue to work on the next part as quickly as I can.

Michael, in answer to your point about the radio, she may have turned on the radio but, until the EPRAD press conference, no one knew that a piece of Nightfall was still headed their way, and then they woke up late the next morning and Lois was intent on getting Clark to Dr. Friskin, so they didn't think about it.

Nan

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard