Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5685 08/22/03 10:19 AM
B
Bethy Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Hope you all enjoy the smoochie scene. It wasn't going to be in there (it was going to end with her decision to see Clark, but not the actual visit), but then I thought, you know, this is for Kaethel, and she really likes smoochies. I should at least try to write one. And so I did. Let me know if it works.

I'd also like to thank Annie for all her help beta-reading and coming up with a good Elvis story, and the NC beach crew for helping me come up with the idea for this story.

Bethy

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww! Bethy, this is wonderful!!! goofy

Lois's continual insistence that she wasn't going to call Clark was hilarious. She should have been asking herself why she was even thinking about calling Clark - maybe that would have given her the answer she needed sooner!

I adore these lines:

“And she asked me what I saw myself doing in fifty years. And, more importantly, who I saw myself doing it with.”

She looked directly into Clark’s eyes, hoping he was able to see the sincerity, the depth of her emotion. “And the first person, the only person, that came to mind was you.”
Awwwww sloppy

I hope we see more from you soon, Bethy!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Marry your best friend.
Good idea!! (if your best friend is Clark, that is <G>)

I love this part, Bethy. It's sooooooooooooo wonderful!! Wow I don't know what else to write. Maybe some quotes will help me.

Lois didn’t allow herself to think as she parked her jeep and hurried towards Clark’s door. If she allowed herself to think, she’d probably come up with some reason to back out of doing this and she didn’t want to back out.

Doubt assailed her as she lifted her hand to knock. What if he thought she was crazy? What if he laughed in her face? What if he was only interested in being friends? What if he--

The door opened.

“How do you feel about me?” she blurted.
<G> laugh <G>

“I know you don’t,” she said, frustrated. “I’m getting there.” What was wrong with him? Didn’t he know he was supposed to read her mind, figure out exactly what she was talking about and swoop her up and kiss her?
<G> laugh <G>

Anyway, this story was terrific and I hope you write something else soon.
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw that was sweet, but isn't she still engaged to Lex? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh, Bethy. Happy, waffy sigh. smile What a treat!

I loved Martha's good advice about marriage needing more than romance to work. And what a great way to make Lois face her feelings for Clark. smile1

Thank you so much for not cutting it off before Lois went to see Clark. The scene where she reveals her feelings for him, blurting out one clue after another (which he fails to pick at first - could have thwapped him with a two by four laugh ), was so wonderfully written! And those smoochies!! Thank you so much for the beautiful smoochies. smile

You need to post stories more often, Bethy! Your prose is so witty and fast-paced. Terrific! smile

Kaethel smile (very, very happy!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bethy, wonderful story! laugh Great smoochie scene... I especially liked the "Marry your best friend..." part. Maybe you should write a sequel to tell how Lois breaks it off with Lex? confused

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it, loved it, loved it. <happy sigh>

Martha is brilliant, as always.

There are some loose ends dangling yet. Okay, gotta ditch Lex and then scramble to survive, etc, etc. But the heck with smoochies, what we need is some CK=S clue-chies! help

PJ
who has ignored many a demand for sequels to her stories laugh

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Awwwwwwwww! Bethy, that was so sweet. I love the conversation with Martha smile . I also really liked how Jonathan was so nice to her on the phone -- must have been a total shock for poor Lois. And the smoochie scene . . . awwwwwwwwwwww! I am so glad you decided to add it. I think it would have worked very well if you would have ended with Lois deciding to go see Clark, but I love the smoochie scene laugh .

I hope you write a lot more soon. Maybe a story about knobtailed geckos wink ?

- Laura laugh

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well done!!! This was so sweet and fun to read, I really enjoyed it, especially the Martha dialogue.
more, more, I say!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Bethy, I've just finished both parts - this was wonderful! notworthy I just loved it! The fact that Perry makes up Elvis stories on the spot (what a great idea cool ), Lois reaching out to Martha for advice (and how sneaky Martha was, too wink ), and then her going to Clark's.

Thank you for writing the scene at Clark's, too. It was absolutely lovely - I am so glad that we were able to share these moments with them. Poor Clark was so clueless as Lois bursts in on him. I loved this...

“Lois, I don’t understand.”

“I know you don’t,” she said, frustrated. “I’m getting there.” What was wrong with him? Didn’t he know he was supposed to read her mind, figure out exactly what she was talking about and swoop her up and kiss her?
And just one more beautifully waffy moment... [Linked Image]
“I don’t know what brought this about,” he said, “but I don’t think I care.” With a deft motion, he flipped her so she was sitting on his lap and he followed what had been the most extraordinary kiss she’d ever experienced with one even more beautiful.

Because in the midst of this one he murmured, “I love you, Lois.”
::very big happy sigh:: Believe me, it worked...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww, that was really sweet, Bethy. The conversation with Martha was great, I can really see Lois calling her for advice. And the answer is even better. Lois finally realizes who she really loves.

And I'm glad you decided to write the smoochie scene. It was a fantastic ending.

Now write more things like this, Bethy, it's wonderful. smile

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1 Woohoo! smile1
What a wonderfully sweet story! I loved the way Lois wasn't too happy about Lex's doings and how all that led her to realize her love for Clark!

And to quote one sentence: "Thank your mom!" laugh Martha rules!

Sira - dances happily around having enjoyed a most WAFFY and cuddly story
clap clap

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story!
I enjoyed reading it.
The only problem is I wish there was a sequel Reluctantly Engaged. I'd love to see how Clark would react to finding how that Lois had been wearing Lex's ring.

Is it possible to have a Reluctantly Engaged 2?
Could you please consider it?

Seme

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Bethy

WOW! This is wonderful. smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Charming story.

One thing, though. If *I* were Jonathan, instead of saying "How are you", my first question would be "Is Clark O.K.?" For I would immediately jump to the conclusion that Lois would call *the first time* only if Clarks couldn't.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
Cool!!!! smile

Fantastic how Lois realizes (with Martha's help) that is Clark who loves wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
That was just marvelous! Nice spin and an original take.

Thanks for the lovely read.

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Aww, Bethy, I just caught up with this and it's lovely! You do Lois's random train-of-thought very well! You can almost hear her speaking out loud smile

I love Perry's made-up Elvis story (although I wonder if he was trying to push her toward Clark specifically, or just away from Lex?) And what a good idea to have her call Martha! She doesn't really have anyone in her life she can turn to, so it's nice that Martha can fill that need for her. (And anyone else would think she was crazy for calling them for advice when she hasn't seen them in months, but Martha is of course very supportive, and that's just what Lois needs.)

I do love the scene at Clark's apartment, but I agree that you probably could have ended the story without it. I'm not advocating taking it out (don't everyone start attacking me! <g>), but I just thought I'd let you know it works either way and you should go with what you like best smile

All in all, a wonderful story, Bethy! And now you're off the hook <g> Who's next?

Kaylle wink

Features Writer
Features Writer
Bethy,
lovely sweet story
merry

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard