Print Thread
#56828 11/12/08 06:45 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I get to be first clap

The whole phone stuff was hilarious, the pillow so sweet and wonder if Cat is actually going out with Clark on *friend* date or if she flat out lied to Lois.

More soon grovel Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh what a tangled web. Poor Clark, Cat should not have answered the phone. Now he has to go and straighten it out through phone tag again. Sigh... It is frustrating, but it was so nice of Superman to stop by. Too bad they got interrupted. I would have killed Jaques if it were me. She seemed to take the interruption well. I hope she figures him out or he comes clean soon. If not about Superman then about his feelings for her. looking forward to the next part. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Laura is right. This is a very tangled web, particularly for Lois who is trying to make Clark jealous to exact revenge on her for making her feel jealous.

BTW it also seems as if she realizes how hard researching is. It's almost as if she didn't pay her dues on the way up.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my God, you're so mean, DJ. goofy I'll write more later when I'm not in class. (This is what happens when your prof. spins on an art restoration video that's not on the final exam next week and leaves the room. Fanfic abounds. goofy )

JD

Synopsis:
Ok, let's examine the webs woven now that the Sistine Chapel restoration is over.
1. First we have Clark, who misses Lois so much that he stopped by as his alter-ego with her pillow.
2. We have Lois who will actually admit to Superman that she misses Clark, but Jacques interrupts with an engagement ring.
2a. <He's not going to propose to Lois, is he?! Will Clark watch it?!> So Superman makes a jet set for the window. Thankfully he spies and realizes Jacques has a girlfriend, but
3. there went the 'I miss Clark speech' right out the window. So Lois calls Clark, only he's not home, and when she finally gets a hold of him,
4. *Cat* picks up the phone?
5. And then Lois gets jealous and counters with a *dinner date*?

Test Questions:
1. Does Lois really have a dinner date, or is this just an office meeting with the Butcher, and she's being jealous?
2. Does Clark realize Cat sparked a bunch of jealousy?
2a. Does Clark even know he's having dinner with Cat, and
2b. if he is, are there going to be other people there, and Cat was really just trying to get Lois' goat?
Bonus points: Why the heck do we say "get one's goat" to describe anger?

wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
Perry better send Clark to Paris quickly! You brought Cat into this!?!

I loved how you brought Superman to see Lois and her inability to discuss what she was feeling.

Wonderful story

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, what a rollercoaster of hope and despair!

I loved that Clark came to Lois as Superman and gave her the chance to tell Superman a few things such as the fact that she had left Metropolis partly because of the way that Clark and Superman had treated her. That was something I think he needed to understand. And I liked the fact that Lois remembered the way she had stolen Clark's story, and I liked that she felt bad about that.

I almost screamed with frustration when Jacques held out that engagement ring! I really believed he was proposing to her, and I was horrified at her seemingly positive reaction! DJ, you scared me!

And I groaned with frustration when Clark and Lois tried to phone each other, and other people answered the phone. Can I strangle Cat? Just a little?

But Lois is going out with Claude? Nooooo!!!!! wallbash Seriously, DJ, Lois should have more self-respect than that. You had Lois remember not only how she had stolen Clark's story but also how Clark had retaliated by sending her on a wild-goose chase into Metropolis Sewage Plant. And Lois admitted to herself that she had deserved it. Well, Claude stole her story when she was asleep after he had had sex with her, which I will insist is worse than the way Lois stole Clark's story, and Lois never did anything comparable to sending Claude into a sewage plant. Lois did not get back at Claude at all. And I repeat that Claude's theft of Lois's story might have given his career the boost he needed to become the boss of other reporters. And now she is going out with him? Because he kept asking her to? Lois, you are too forgiving! And it isn't right that Claude should get away with what he did with no punishment at all, apart from, perhaps, a sorrowful expression on his face when he talks to Lois about his theft of her story.

Clark, come back here! Make Lois leave Paris!!!!!

[Linked Image]

Forget Paris! (Uh... that didn't come out right....)

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
So, who else fell into the trap with Clark and me and thought Jacques was proposing to Lois.
Guilty. wave

I actually closed my browser and had to crawl back later after I had calmed down to see it was a red herring. wallbash

Bob

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Jacques is one hot French fry-but I digress-loved Cat-she just cant help herself (I would have done the same thing,actually)who knows, this might get the ball rolling-so to speak.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
I keep meaning to review this story and then forgetting.

I'm addicted. It's so engrossing.

And how could Lois accept a date with Jacques? Particularly one he virtually forced her into? Isn't that sign enough that he's evil???

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL! Hi Michael. smile 6 days huh? Hmmm... I don't like to be predictable. wink Glad to know I threw you a little with Jacques - hee hee. Loved your fdk. Thanks Michael!

Hi Laura! smile That is one of my favorite little sayings - Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Heh. I might have been tempted to kill Jacques too. Thanks for the comments.

Hi Elisabeth. Jealousy rears its ugly head. smile Thanks for the fdk. And maybe Lois has just forgotten how much work or how tedious research can be... after all, Jimmy is so useful. smile

Hah! Loved your fdk Jen. Glad I could keep you entertained in class - lol.

Courtesy of phrases.org a definition of "getting one's goat":

Get your goat

Meaning

Make you annoyed or angry.

Origin

The dictionary definition of goat is 'a ruminant quadruped of the genus Capra'. What's that got to do with being angry? Given the meaning of 'get your goat', we might expect to find goat as a slang term meaning anger or annoyance. That meaning is recorded in the US book Life in Sing Sing, 1904, which goat is given as a slang term for anger.

The phrase originated in the US and the first entry in print that I can find comes from a fanciful story about a burst water pipe that was printed in the US newspaper The Stevens Point Daily Journal, May 1909:

"Wouldn't that get your goat? We'd been transferring the same water all night from the tub to the bowl and back again."

The expression took a few years to cross the Atlantic. The first non-US citation isn't found until 1924 in the English author John Galsworthy's story White Monkey, and even there it is clearly seen as a recent innovation:

"That had got the chairman's goat! - Got his goat? What expressions they used nowadays!"

The following year, The Times printed a piece in memory of the then recently deceased Friedrich Baedeker. This included a side-swipe at American tourists and uses the phrase as a typical piece of Americana:

"... goggled Americans whispering aloud, 'Wa-al Sadie, these durned three star things get my goat'!"

A commonly repeated story which purports to explain the phrase's origin is that goats were placed with racehorses to keep them calm. When ne'er-do-wells who wanted the horse to race badly removed it, i.e. they 'got someone's goat', the horse became unsettled and ran badly. That's just the sort of tale that gets the folk etymology juices running. Let's just say that there's no evidence to support that story.
Heh. /me thanking the student for making her do research. smile

Oh, and all good questions, by the way. smile Hee hee. Thanks for the comments.

Hi cp33. Yeah, Cat drug her slinky little hiney into this. But she might surprise you. smile I'm glad you like the story. Thanks!

Hi Ann! You know how I love rollercoasters. smile Hee hee. I'm so glad I was able to cause a few people to gasp with Jacques and his ring. Yes, poor Lois - going out with Claude. I really wonder how that dinner date is going to turn out... it could be quite interesting. smile Ha ha! Yes, wrong Paris. *snicker* Thanks for the fdk, Ann.

Bob! Ha ha ha. I can't believe you had to go calm down and come back later. laugh Sorry to have scared you like that... well... not really... but I felt compelled to say so - heh. Thanks for the fdk.

LOL - SJH. And you could be right... this could very well get the ball rolling. smile Thanks for the fdk.

Hi anonpip! Yay!! So glad that you are addicted. smile Thanks for the review/fdk. Glad to have you as a reader. Yes, how could Lois accept a date with Claude? Even to get back at Clark??? Hope you enjoy the date.

Thanks everyone so much for all the comments and fdk! I enjoyed every little comment. smile Hope you enjoy the next part... when I get it posted. (And, Michael, don't hold your breath for the 6 days... it could cause severe discomfort, not to mention a slightly blue discoloration)

Thank you!!!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And, Michael, don't hold your breath for the 6 days... it could cause severe discomfort, not to mention a slightly blue discoloration
You should have told me this earlier
thud -> me after holding my breath till part 6 yesterday

Michael wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
H
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
H
Hye Micheal when is part 6 suppose to be finish

Hue Nguyen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hye Micheal when is part 6 suppose to be finish
No promises... but possibly sometime tomorrow. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard