Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#56194 10/22/08 05:01 AM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well finally a Lois and Clark story, pre marriage, pre relationship and no freeking kids! YAY! You got me so far. I am looking forward to a new story about the original couple. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well, I like Lois and Clark - married, with kids, in a relationship, whatever, [obviously given where my muse tends to head wink ] and I'm very intrigued by this. Of course, I had visions of the movie the whole time I was reading it, but that's b/c I love the movie and haven't seen it in a long time.

Is Lois going to run into Superman on European rescues? Is she going to run into Claude? I'm sure there's lots of other questions as well.

So what's the posting schedule like? Often? Please?

Carol [who isn't above begging]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, DJ! [Linked Image] /me waves franticly!
I'm so, so happy to see you back... and with a new, shiny story! [Linked Image] You don't know how much I've missed you!

Now... to FDK: laugh This is so sad. Lois thinks Clark doesn't love her. She's sad because she's going away and she'll miss him, but she doesn't know how to tell him what she's really feeling. Clark loves her but he took back his declaration of love to keep their friendship. And now he realizes it was in vain, because she's leaving anyway. They're longing for what they had, but they don't know how to make things right between them and just hurt each other in the process. What a pity! [Linked Image]

I want to see how they're going to get over this mess. I hope they can work things out between them. mecry

Paris, huh? Well... it isn't too far when one can fly. wink Maybe Lois will make the connection when Superman starts showing up in Europe. smile
And DJ... don't disappear again! [Linked Image] /me sticks DJ to the boards with duct tape.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is a great start! I'm looking forward to this story...I have always thought there was so much potential for good stories between S1 and S2. And you've already set up how much hurt and misunderstanding needs to be worked through. More soon!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well you all sure know how to make a girl feel welcome. smile Glad you still remembered me - lol.

Thanks Laurach! You know me - I'm usually all about the relationship. wink And this one is no different. I got hooked there for a while on stories post House of Luthor... and I just hadn't finished this one.

Hi carolm! I love the questions. smile The posting schedule is sketchy. I'll probably try to post the 2nd chapter in a day or two since part 1 was short... but then I'd say it will be a little slower between posts. Thanks for asking.

Andreia! How are you sweetie? *hugs* I've missed you! Hee hee... glad to see you've missed me too. Don't disappear? Darn... and I just got that power of invisibility... LOL. I've missed your smilies. Loved the little excited/jumping one. It is a mess, isn't it? Some messes can be fun, though... /me slips free of the duct tape, careful not to tear the boards up so there'll be a place to post the next chapter of the story. laugh

Hi amberlea! Thanks. I love stories between S1 & S2. smile You're right - lots of potential. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and the fdk!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Looking forward to getting around to reading this.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
I am a big fan of your work and I really looking forward to this one.

I love the line about Superman's rescues all being scrutnized.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
/squints Met--Metro who?
wink Totally kidding, great to have you back, DJ!

Fabulous *and* interesting...L&C are so two sides of the same coin after the Luthor fiasco; it's almost too easy to forget that sometimes, but here you've reminded us how people are seeing them right now--Lois losing her best contacts as a reporter, all eyes on Superman like an eagle since he didn't save a billionaire, and the both of them questioning themselves and wondering what the other must think of them now. Take a hearty sniff--I smell a fragrant and worthwhile angst-fest as they seek to rediscover themselves and each other.

Great pat!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Blogger
Blogger
DJ, It's great to have you back smile1 I love this time frame with all the intrigue and angst of a developing relationship! Can't wait to read more.

Annette

~aks
"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." - Mason Cooley
Top Banana
Top Banana
DJ!!! You're back! And what an entrance! You rock. his is a nice start. Poor Lois...and Clark. Now, will he profess his love for her again to keep her in Metropolis?

Hurry back! You're awesome!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
DJ!!! It's great to see you back - and with a post-HOL story, too! *swoons*

And what a great start! There was so much more that could have been done with this period of time and all those messy post-HOL emotions than we saw in the series. I can't wait to see where this one goes.

More! More! smile1

Caroline

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good to see you again, DJ. What a great start - I'm hooked already. Can't wait to see Lois on adventure post-CK/Superman, but without either of them there to help her. Bring on the Mad Dog!

Brenda

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh! Look at all this additional fdk. Thank you!

Hi Michael! peep Yes, I'm back. I hope you enjoy it. smile

cp33 - hi there! A big fan? Awwww, thank you. I'm happy to hear you're looking forward to it.

LOL Jen! Hi! <waves> Gee I missed you guys. smile Angst-fest? Me? Surely you jest. LOL. I'll see what I can do. Thank you!

Annette! <hugs> How are you m'dear? I can't believe I lured you out of hiding. smile Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi Sheila! Heh... too much of that and a girl could get a big head. laugh I'm so glad you like it though... I'll try not to let you down.

Caroline? You sweet thing. Is that really you telling me how much you enjoy a post-HOL story? Girl, you are the queen of post-HOL, you know that, don't you? smile Wow, the pressure... but I'll do my best. Thanks so much!

Hi Brenda. smile We'll see how long Clark is able to stay away... care to place bets? laugh Thanks for the welcome back and glad to see you're hooked.

Thanks again everyone! Wow. How nice. I've really missed this place.

Okay, I plan to post part 2 sometime tomorrow... watch for it!

P.S. - I do apologize for the initial momentum of the story. The first few parts might seem a little slow, but it does pick up and take flight later *cough*literally*cough* I promise. smile

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Columnist
Columnist
Yaaaay! DJ!!!

Of course we remember you! And you'd better continue this story, because I don't really have the money or time to track you down and make you finish it, but I'd find a way.

This is really great so far. I <3 angst. I really, really do.

Jessi
/demands more

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Deej! Of course you're not forgotten. This story promises to be as unforgettable as always. Is it a WIP or is it finished and just being polished by the betas. It's not that I mind WIPs, but I was just kind of wondering if you wanted to NaNo with us.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Your hook worked for me too.

I'm intrigued... Paris... so much potential (although i too had that eiffel tower scene from Supes 2 in my head)...

I'm curious to see how you find 'excuses' for Superman and/or Clark to end up in Paris as well, or pull Lois back to Metropolis...

I really like the timeframe... there was so much brushed over in Season 2 that could have been....

Looking forward to the next part!
thumbsup

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
DJ!!! You're back!!!! clap

Ann

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
DJ!!!!! So glad to see you, girl! And with a story, no less. Makes it feel like old times. smile It's a great beginning; I'm looking forward to more!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Squeeeeeeeeeeeee! smile

Hi everyone! Part 2 is about to be put up but I thought I'd say hello to the rest of these comments. laugh

Hi Jessie! <hug> LOL - track me down, huh? I hereby solemnly swear to finish posting this story <crosses heart> good enough? Hee hee. So glad you like it. A little angst is good for the soul now and then. wink

Hi Elisabeth! Awww, thanks! It is a WIP sort of. Most of it is written (about at page 65) but I still have a ways to go and things to add here and there. Remind me about NaNo - I've forgotten.

Hi Lisamaree! Glad to know you bit my hook. smile I'm going to have to watch Supes 2 again - I don't remember the Eiffel Tower scene... Thanks!

Ann! wave I'm back! smile Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad you like the idea... somehow I just thought you might. Hope you enjoy the story.

Lisa!!! <hugs> Old times were good times. smile Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks again everyone! I'm just overwhelmed by the response. I'm getting ready to post part 2 now.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
peep Okay, this story finally made it to the top of the stack, and I'm quite intrigued.

On one hand there is the whole double-silence thing going on with them. *stupid kids* *sigh* And on the other Lois thinks and actually is the laughingstock of her profession. I read Claude up there somewhere and now that could be really angsty. Lois comes to Paris and Claude gets a chance to be Claude and make fun of her or first prey on her weaknesses and bed her again before he makes fun of her. Are you going to do this to us, DJ? Are you going to slowly carve our hearts out, shred them and pour them down our throats? And would that actually be a good thing. confused

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard