Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55840 10/10/08 05:22 AM
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Beth - delurking to tell you how much I've been enjoying your story. I really love how both Jay and Ellie have grown thorughout this story.

The morning after for Ellie and Jay was fun and cute, but a little trucated for my tastes. I guess I'm a little greedy when it comes to them being snuggly and romantic. Loved the single sock, BTW. rotflol

I can't remember if this has already been established in the story, but the state of Ellie's kitchen and her lack of concern with it tells me she inherited Lois' ability in to burn water. Very funny.

#55841 10/10/08 06:10 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I loved this part. The whole kitchen episode was just so rotflol And Ellie moving the stove to clean behind it thud And all the snuggly and Lucy stuff was just awwwww. The only thing I don't like is how the two numbers in the title keep getting closer to each other. This certainly doesn't bode well for Fridays.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#55842 10/10/08 09:12 AM
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
That was awesome.

Lucy mentioning to Ellie about the vacant room was just priceless. You can always count on family to embarass you the most. Nicely done.

Looking forward to reading Part 23.

#55843 10/10/08 05:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Fabulous parts! I just caught up on the last few. Ditto the others, the kitchen incident was hilarious! And as she's half-corrupted by Lois Lane, I honestly didn't expect Jay to be able to make breakfast as soon as he thought about it. goofy

Looking forward to more!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#55844 10/11/08 04:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was just plain sweet and fun to read. I loved the scene with Jay trying to figure out how to get out of bed. I enjoyed that as much as the kitchen scene that came later.

Yes, Ellie does seem to be as interested in her kitchen as Lois. Blood will tell.

Bob

#55845 10/11/08 04:26 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
See, I took it as Ellie didn't need a stove and such because she has things like heat vision and invulnerability [to pull the toast out of the toaster], but I'm sure Beth will tell me if I'm wrong wink .

Carol

#55846 10/11/08 08:33 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Well, Ellie's cooking has been mentioned in previous stories, but not much attention has been paid to it. She is a capable cook, although not about to open her own restaurant or anything. But I don't imagine cooking would be a huge interest of hers, so she would be too sloppy/lazy/whatever to wait for appliances to do the work and would just use her abilities to do it herself.

Incidentally, the state of Ellie's toaster is modeled after one I had the pleasure of dealing with last year. There were many times I fantasized about heat vision as I ate my burnt on one side, cold on the other, piece of toast.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed this part. Thanks very much for the feedback!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard