Thanks smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whinging

Joe and Lois are getting sort of closer huh

Lana didn't really blow up when Clark told her the juicy stuff. What's up with that?

Michael, who finally realizes that Carol is pulling the same addictive queen of mean cliffhanger stuff on us she did the last time.

Michael

PS: *How* do you do those posting schedules?

PPS: Hope your DS is getting better soon smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers - Vicki is the long-time housekeeper not the girlfriend wink .

Posting Schedule? I have an extreme buffer at the moment...

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh!!! *slaps head* The house keeper. Of course. Did you mention her name when you told us about her family in parts 14/15?

About the buffer. That helps, of course. But you still manage to write 3,000 kB or something / year. And that's not *normal*. Not *not normal* in a bad sort of way. Just, me I'm happy to turn out 30 kB / week. notworthy

Michael

PS: Did I ever say thanks for the great entertainment? If not: Thanks. And if I did: Thanks, again smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi.

Joe and Lois have a much closer relationship than "friends who like to make out." But Lois still doesn't think he's the one. clap

Actually, they remind me of first season LNC. They have a very close platonic relationship, but that's all it is. It's almost as if they're trying to convice themselves that they're friends that should be a couple, rather than friends trying to convince themselves they shouldn't be a couple. Although Joe is a lot more serious than Lois is. Is that because his feelings are stronger or because he's still a guy who wants to have sex? (and he has a more carefree additude than Lois because of life exprience.)

Really expected Lana to be a lot more angry when Clark gave her all the details. Quite frankly, it's understandable, but I'm surprised she realized that.

I hope things change before Clark proposes to Lana.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Michael - I think I mentioned her name as the person who had cleaned Lucy's room and left the teddy bear up there. Not a clue what I write a year - I've only been writing again for about a year smile . As for the buffer... I've been working on this off and on most of this year so... Until I finished LtL/LtL: LS, I'd work on it when I had writers block and so on. And you're welcome smile .

Sara - We'll find out more about Joe and Lois again in a bit. Honestly, I expected Lana to be more upset, too, but even though she'd never admit it to Lois, she's grateful that Clark's okay.

Thanks again smile .
Carol

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I think I may have to pull out my hair if Clark actually proposes to Lana.

These two chapters were great, in an intensely frustrating kind of way. Looking forward to the next chapters!

Amber

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, a chapter where ostensibly not a lot happens but there is much foreshadowing!

Lois - could she be preggers? Much speculation here and you're dropping some hints. Hmm....

Glad to see that Lana and Lois can bury the hatchet enough to be guest/host at a house. Of course, it probably helps that the house is 7000 sq ft and they don't have to get close to each other....

Lana + Clark = married? No...no...no...no! It can not be. It must not be. It shall not be.

Joe - what a good guy. What's going to happen to him? Now you've got me wondering.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mmmm... and the plot thickens....

So, Lois is pregnant... and while Lana is calm and collected atm, I am guessing when she finds out Lois is pregnant, she's going to assume it is Clarks... whether it is or not... and sparks are going to fly...

Hopefully BEFORE Clark does something stupid like propose to Lana in the same restaurant in Paris Lois's dad proposed to her mom.

Would Clark 'do the right thing' and propose to Lois instead, dropping Lana to give Lois face? Oh wait... Lois probably wouldn't go for that... but perhaps she would take Joe up on a proposal if he thought it would be the right thing to do... he is a nice guy after all.

Oh so many questions... so many thoughts passing through my brain... I can't wait to see more and how you'll unravel this story for us...

Keep it coming... pleeeeeeaaaassseeee

grovel grovel grovel

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tapeworm's such a bitch. goofy

Anyway, I really do kind of like Joe and am interested in seeing how his character plays out in future parts. Clana makes my eyes roll, mostly because they remind me of this couple I know that got married last year. We all loved him and hated his wife, and god knows why she made him happy...

Anyway, looking forward to Xmas and Europe!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was looking forward to going home and seeing my family and finding a way to buy Lana a ring without anyone knowing and talking to her dad and getting ready to propose when we went to Europe on the school trip right before the first of the year.
NOOOOO!!!! Clark is going to propose!!! To Lana!!!! NOOOOO!!!! razz dizzy ). Will Lois sleep with Joe, turning them into Jois for real? shock Will Clark propose to Lana and maybe even marry her? shock Will Lois turn out to be pregnant, perhaps with a half-Kryptonian little tyke? shock

(Hey, is that just me, but could it be that there is another train careering straight into the three other ones - the Lana-kidnapping-Lois's-baby train? shock )

Wowzers! Talk about a dizzying rollercoaster ride!!!

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:

Lana + Clark = married? No...no...no...no! It can not be. It must not be. It shall not be.

Joe - what a good guy. What's going to happen to him? Now you've got me wondering.
Yeah I'm with you IolantheAlias.... Carol I think you write great stuff, but as an obsessed fan I don't think I like the idea of Clark being happy with Lana or even thinking propose to her!

Clark don't be so dumb, she just isn't the right woman..

Lois pregnant?? I wanna know more of that!
Go on like this!!

-xxx- Lizzy

Lois: Oh leave that truth and justice stuff to Superman would you?!
Lois&Clark *sight*
Lois: See, I knew I shouldn't have told you! But you're my partner right??
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
that's it. i can't take this anymore. lana with clark, lois with someone other than clark possibly pregnant, raped....just don't think i can handle this. i will have to stop reading, or at least try...its hard getting over an addiction you know

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/cries - just lost my whole reply... /cries

Amber - leave your hair in place. I had something else to say but I don't remember what it was frown .

Iolan - Preggers? Tis a tapeworm. See Jen's post. /nods seriously

Lisamaree - /sigh Preggers? No. Tapeworm. Or something. And *why* would everyone assume baby [*if* there were to be a baby] would be Clark's and not random Toga party guy? Of course he is a nice guy. A *darn* nice guy...

Jen - tapeworm it is! Hehe! Europe *could* be a bit of an adventure... Maybe...

Ann - how do you *really* feel about Clark proposing to Lana?!?!? wink /looks around innocently Another train? Where? /ducks and runs for cover

Lizz - /whistles innocently Tapeworm. /nods seriously

Sarah - We don't *know* what happened to Lois [well, okay *I* know. And my betas know. And Queenie knows. But *they* don't know.] There used to be a FARCE group around here somewhere [Fanfic Addicts Recovery [something something]] but I don't think it lasted very long wink .

BTW - it's really 2002 not 2003.

And dh is home with kids and it's pouring.

More tomorrow.

Carol

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I'm wondering if anything happened with Lois and Joe that last night and if Lois is pregnant she might think it was Joe's? Or maybe it's just tapeworm.

Can't wait for tomor!

Love it Carol

smile1

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not a clue what I write a year - I've only been writing again for about a year [Smile] . As for the buffer... I've been working on this off and on most of this year so...
Oh. lol And here I thought you whipped it up within 6 months or so while doing the others. But still, LTL, LTL/LS/ OTOH seem to be already about 3MB. And your one hour challenges are longer than what I can do in a day. blush

Originally posted by carolm:
/cries - just lost my whole reply... /cries
*whispers* May I recommend using word instead of the edit-box for long replies.

Michael

N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
Love this story, can't wait for the next part(s), but I do have one tiny nitpick...

There was no iPhone in 2002. I don't even think there were many Blackberrys at that time -- certainly not to the point that a college student would have one.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
noelle -

Did I mention I'm playing fast and loose with release dates and technology? wink

If not, I thought I did.

And we didn't have a space station etc like they did in 1994 [Prometheus] [heck we still don't] so I easily believe that the iPhone was a bit early wink .

And thanks smile .

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard