Print Thread
#55656 10/03/08 09:14 AM
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
That was an AWESOME update.

Hopefully Chris' situation has been made better and not worse.

Loved that Ellie was putting her foot down on about getting some. I would have chosen the second option. rotflol

Looking forward to reading Part 22.

#55657 10/05/08 04:33 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, the whole Chris thing was just so awwwww

And then you gave us Jay and Ellie
“Wait, Ellie,” I demanded before she could wipe all sense out of me again. “I was just… thinking.”

“Bad idea, Jay.”

“No, I was wondering if… Well, this isn’t my first time, but it is yours, and I was wondering if you wanted to make it more special somehow. Like if we waited maybe? Like until engagement or something? Or even just until a really special day?”

“Jay, here is what’s going to happen,” Ellie explained to me patiently. “Either you are going to pick me up and drag me into my bedroom right now so we can find out exactly what we’ve been missing out on all these months, or I’ll be the one doing the dragging. Now, I don’t know about you, but I would really prefer the first option.”

“Okay,” I replied meekly.

I guess that showed me.
I guess I could go and quote the whole thing but since that would make for a very long post, I'll just stick to the end. Kaylie sure knows what she wants laugh Now, I wonder if her Kryptonian um physiology will prove to be a final barrier to their happiness lol

Can't wait for Friday.

Michael

PS: Do you already have plans for ??? as in Honesty, Fidelity, Strength, ??? grovel

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#55658 10/05/08 08:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess you just can’t ever let your guard down when you are wearing a “suit.” It was interesting that Ellie got so caught up in her breakthrough with Jay that it she didn’t think about her appearance before telling Jay to open the door. I can’t help but think that if Chris ever sees Jay with Ellie as herself, she will make the connection.

I still can’t help but continue to wonder what Dad is out there doing…

Bob

#55659 10/05/08 07:12 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I really liked this part. I hope Chris's problem is resolving. Now all we have to do is wonder about Jay's father. Looking forward to more.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
#55660 10/06/08 07:32 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks guys! Sorry it's taken me a while to respond (just like last time). Life has been busy.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Chris stuff. It was kind of interesting for me to see where her situation would be going. I didn't really know for the longest time. wink

As for the dad... Well, we'll just have to see what's going to happen with him. (he he he)

To answer your question, Michael, I do have a couple ideas to continue this series, but I don't think I'll be writing them any time in the near future. The idea I have that comes after this has a plot hole so big it basically causes the whole fic to collapse. And I'm still recovering from the headache Carol gave me to think about it too deeply. wink The next fic I write will be a little more classic LnC, although it could be a while before you see any of it. I haven't even started it yet, and this is a crazy busy semester for me. Keeping up with a weekly posting schedule just isn't practical.

Thanks again to everyone who commented!

#55661 10/07/08 02:07 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
HEY!

Which headache?!

Oh - *that* one?

That was *weeks* ago!!!

Carol [who will be happy to help with plothole]

#55662 10/07/08 06:05 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris being at the door was indeed a surprise. And Ellie forgetting to change out of her suit was also a surprise. I wonder why Jay didn't suggest it? Maybe because he's gotten used to thinking of her as one person who wears different clothes, not Ellie/Nebula.

As near as I can tell, the problem with Ellie's aura not extending to cover Jay was because she didn't trust herself to open her heart to him fully. She was afraid that she'd get hurt - not that she thought Jay would hurt her, she just expected that outcome - so she was holding herself back. Now that she seems to have overcome that issue (at least for the moment), she's ready to "take it to the next level." I wonder, though if she's thought that next level through. Will she marry Jay? Will they have children someday? Can they have children? And will this new intimacy bring its own problems and stresses? (I'd suspect the answer is 'yes' to all of the above.)

Looking forward to the last few parts, Beth. I know they'll be excellent.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#55663 10/07/08 06:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
*sigh* Okay. Will wait patiently. And a year can be over so fast.

Originally posted by Beth S.:
The next fic I write will be a little more classic LnC, although it could be a while before you see any of it. I haven't even started it yet, and this is a crazy busy semester for me. Keeping up with a weekly posting schedule just isn't practical.
Tell me about it. I know that my next epic will probably take well into 2009 before I have a reasonable buffer (70% of the fic or so). Something I definitely want to try my hands on next, since I've heard such good things about them laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#55664 10/07/08 08:00 PM
Columnist
Columnist
And Ellie forgetting to change out of her suit was also a surprise. I wonder why Jay didn't suggest it? Maybe because he's gotten used to thinking of her as one person who wears different clothes, not Ellie/Nebula.
I see it as more like he never really saw two people in the first place. When he first met Ellie, he knew that she was also Nebula. And he's never really been around Ellie when she's been in the Nebula role.

Michael, buffers are truly amazing things. wink But you have to take care of them, otherwise they disappear. I'm really missing mine right now. frown

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard