Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that's really very nice, Bob! So Lois has superpowers now? I guess that must be from carrying a 'super' child that was generating its own KE field inside her. Also, Lois's body might 'remember' being Ultra Woman, so maybe that had something to do with it, too.

I almost fainted when I thought that you had killed Lois, by the way! But the truth turned out to be so much sweeter!

Now I'm really looking forward to the last part of this fic!

Ann

L
Columnist
Columnist
L
I like the shift in style to the flashbacks for the first chapter, and thank you very much for not having the end of chapter 7 be where you stopped =P I too went "OMG no!" Hmm, I wonder what your explanation will be and what the "consequences" will be in full, can't wait for the finale!

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bob!

Thank you for showing this in flashbacks. Otherwise I would have panicked during the explosion. However, this way I expected to Clark simply extend his aura into Lois like he did during their second honeymoon.

But I so did not expect the superpowers. Looking forward to the final part.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I’m glad that the flashbacks didn’t seem to lose everyone. When I was laying out the story I had to face the fact that there was this big gap of time with very little that was critical to what I wanted to say. I was hoping that this technique would allow me to bridge that time.

Ann: I almost felt guilty about Lois and the powers but I have always enjoyed Ultra Woman. It also allowed me my “action/emotion” moment. As for exactly where those powers came from… well, we’re almost there.

Lieta: Again, I’m glad the flashbacks worked. I’m not sure that I have the heart to have “blown up” Lois and left it there until the next update. Maybe next time…

Michael: I need to consider a revision to one of the earlier chapters. The low-energy field that Lois can share with Clark isn’t capable of doing anything “power” related. After reading your comment about Clark possibly helping that way, I want to make that more clear.

Bob

Columnist
Columnist
Interesting. Lois has powers. It will be interesting to see if Ultrawoman makes a return.

So I guess this means they don't have to take a huge holiday the next time they want to have a kid, eh? That may be more practical, but it is a lot less fun. wink

Blogger
Blogger
I love what you did with this part, Bob. I enjoy flash backs, it makes the reading more challenging and interesting. Looking forward to the final part and your continued explanation of Lois's 'powers'.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Beth: Well, we will have to see about Ultrawoman.

Fauve: I’m glad that this approach worked. I really struggled with the gap.

By the way, is it Ultra Woman or Ultrawoman? I wrote it as Ultra Woman but I think I’ve seen it both ways.

Actually, when I was writing this section, I had the most fun with Martha. When I decided that Ch. 8 would be as seen from her perspective, I got thinking about who she was. When I thought enough about it I developed this picture of Martha as essentially Lois who was in a different time and place and who ended up on an unexpected life-path. I just can't escape the feeling that, had Martha grown up in Metropolis, she might have been very much like Lois.

Bob

Blogger
Blogger
Bob, my feelings about Martha as well. Her character is strong like Lois, and with the benefit of age and experience, has developed the understanding of life that has softened her...thought still firey in her way. I could see Lois raising her child in a similar way as Martha did with Clark with the extra knowledge of just how 'special' her child is because of who Clark is.

Ultra Woman I would say.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard