Friday: Chapters 14 and 15, 5-6pm

Sunday: Chapters 16 and 17, 5-6pm

Tuesday: Chapters 18 and 19, 5-6pm

Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Drat, not again. lol I guess that's what Christmas Eve must be like in the US. You know, Santa was already here but you only get to open the presents in the morning.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I got caught up on this story on Monday and didn't think I was going to make it until today! I love the premise of this story, and I am totally hooked to see where it's going.

I haven't kept up with the feedback so far, so forgive me if this has been mentioned. As they are both journalism majors, are we going to get to see them in any classes together?

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hmmm, really very nice, Carol. So Lois and Clark not only fell asleep together again, but Clark woke up missing his shirt. And not only that, but he also believed that he was on his honeymoon. With Lois, no less. Does he still believe, deep down, that he loves Lana?

I liked the part where Lois saw Lucy's room, for the first time since the accident, and you told us about that, too. It was moving and sad. I think this Lois is very slightly like alt-Clark, who lost his parents when he was ten. Of course Lois didn't lose Sam, and Sam is very likable. But I wonder about 'that woman'. How bad is she, and if she is that bad, why can't Sam see it?

And Lois and Clark are going to have a week to themselves in that cabin! No, Lana isn't going to be happy about that. But Clark will do the gentlemanly thing when he comes back, and go back to Lana? Because he considers himself honor-bound to do so?

And I wonder what will happen when Lois turns out to be late after her week with Clark in the cabin. Oh yes, there was that little episode at the toga party, right?

Looking forward to more soon!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I should be satisfied with two new chapters but I'm not--and it's all because your writing continuously makes me want more!

I love the idea that they are going to spend the week together, Lana be damned. And scrabble! I wonder what other LnC callbacks are going to come into play... unfortunately there's no need to keep their cover from the maid.

I did have one question though- when Lois heard Clark's mumblings, she assumed he was dreaming about Lana. Later, she mentioned having the same dream that Clark was having about *their* honeymoon. Not a big deal, but it did cause me to go 'hmmmm' wink

So Ann has also brought up the possibility that the toga party will come into play if Lois finds out she's pregnant. Now if our speculation does come into fruition, wouldn't the conception 'estimate' be enough to show that the party wasn't ground zero? I mean, about a month has gone by, no?

Christmas vacation! I smell a trip to the Kent farm...

'Til Friday~
Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Morning, Clark. Do you know where my clothes are?" Lois said in a breathy tone as she walked by.
rotflol
Phenomenally funny. I'd have done the same thing to peeve Lana.

Ah, good ole waff fest. Clark comforting Lois, board games in the cabin, 'the old married couple' all alone in the cabin for the week...but heh, I don't doubt you'll yank the carpet from under me, Carol. wink I'll read somebody else if I want straight gush.

Great parts!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This story is totally addictive, especially when we see Lois and Clark interacting together.

Hmm.... honeymoon eh?
If Clark is prone to floating in his sleep... is he also prone to acting out his dreams?

I am intrigued by Clark... he's starting to see Lois where Lana was... I wonder how this will play with him. I wonder whether he is going through an internal struggle to justify that he loves Lana when it is becoming obvious that he really is attracted to Lois. Imagining Lois on their honeymoon.. that's a big leap from the Clark we saw a few chapters back...

Lois is entirely as expected though... she knows she is attracted to Clark, but she's in denial... she has her career to think about *chuckle*... will that be turned on it's head with a bit of a baby problem in a few chapters time?

Lana... yeah.... well... she deserved what Lois did... I would have done that too... ME-OW! But I feel like there is going to be a lot of pain and suffering once Lois and Clark get back to Metropolis.

I wonder how the extended period of time in the cabin will affect Lois and Clarks not entirely plutonic relationship.

As I said before... I'm addicted, and really looking forward to more. I also have to say... I wasn't sure how the mixed first person perspectives would work as I've seen first persons around here fall quite flat... but the way you write this is entirely endearing... and pulls us completely into both Lois and Clarks minds. It's really well done Carol.. I love it.

Thanks for giving us so much to read in such a short time... I feel spoilt!! (And am I greedy for saying I can't get enough). My only disappointment is when I find I am at the end of the part.... wink

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Sorry I missed fdk on the last chapters, but if you read my story, you'll know I lost my internet connection. frown

Anyway, now we had Lois and Clark both having dreams about being naked in front of the fire and kissing and ... wink

I'm thinking maybe it wasn't just a dream, so if Lois does get pregnant does that make the dilemma bigger ... like just how much happened to Lois at that party with the stranger ...

Well, you can see the way my thoughts are going. wink

Please keep posting and put me out of my misery!

Yours Jenni

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That were great updates, Carol.

Clark and Lois both dreaming about a honeymoon right their was more than just funny. Do you do the Soul Mate/Kryptonian Telepathy thing with Lois? And what ever happened to his shirt? wave That's what you get for spiking Lois' drink.

The movies and board games are hilarious. And are they going to suffer form the missed classes? And is more going to happen. Clark could send Lana a song-o-gram with a sonogram of the fruit of his loins devil

/me points gently out to Carol that it is already more than 12 hours since the last update and people (me) are getting anxious for more.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice! Not only do they sleep for 2 nights in a row, but spend almost a week together and Lana is left twiddling her thumbs... cool

I too worry about Clark - Lois in his Lana-dreams ..hmmm.. I hope he won't try to compensate for his guilty conscience by proposing to Lana sooner.. eek

And both get to dream about the honeymoon?!.. what exactly is happening with this shared-dream business?

thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Thanks guys wink .

Michael - I promise today's will be up earlier.

Amber - yes we will see them in class together at some point. So glad to have you!

Ann - Ah now, I can't tell you too much! laugh As for 'the girlfriend' - it's entirely possible that Lois is reading way too much into it and she wouldn't be happy with anyone her dad's dating, much less living with.

Random question for anyone... Is there a canon character for Sam to end up with? I've seen Sam end up with Martha before, but *shudder* not gonna happen, and I'm totally drawing a blank on anyone else. Who Sam eventually ends up with is still up for grabs - this woman or someone else. Since this is an epic and it's not done yet... wink

Sonia - you're so sweet! But no - the toga party was Wed., Oct 31 and they got stuck in the cabin on Sat., Oct 1. Yeah I know that doesn't match, but stink. I got the year wrong or something. I think this is actually supposed to be 2002... ARGH! I'm going to have to figure this out... But it's no more than a day or two between the party and the cabin.

JD - I loved that part too wink . Straight waff? Let's see, they get stuck at the cabin for the next 20 years and... yeah straight gush works wink .

Lisamaree - addictive? Mwa ha ha! /whistles innocently and moves on. I have to admit that I've never written first person before that I can recall and it still makes me nervous - even as much of this as I've written already...

Jenni - Glad you got your internet back! Seems like you're not the only one whose thoughts are going that way. Guess the only question is... did mine? wink

Michael - Clark told me once he prefers sleeping without his shirt so he took it off in the middle of the night. And seriously, did you expect Clark Kent to lie to his girlfriend?! And I never actually said what happened to Lois - except for the couple people who emailed me - so we - and they - don't really know what happened that night wink . Classes will be addressed - this go round I think.

AnKS - ah will have to see /whistles again.

Look for the next two here shortly. The rest of my day has become unexpectedly busy so...

Thanks again!

Carol

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
How about that lady who worked in the museum in I think When Irish Eyes Are Killing? Wasn't her name Veronica Kipling or something? At least she is so annoying that we could totally understand why Lois doesn't want to be home when she is there. <g>
Natascha

Merriwether
Merriwether
I pulled the biscuits out of the oven – making sure to use one of the pot holders – and checked the gravy. Almost done. I turned the bacon and then another pancake, before scooping the scrambled eggs into a bowl. "Have a seat. Do you want OJ or milk
I'm still hung up on the whole gravy thing . . . for breakfast? huh laugh

She shook her head. "Powdered sugar if we have any." She pointed to the cabinet. "It would be in there."

I pulled a bag out and handed it to her. "That's a new one."

She shrugged. "It was my mom's thing. It stuck."
Ah yes that is yummy. Lemon juice added to surprsingly good too.

"Haul wood?"

"What?"

"Loser brings more wood in."

"Deal."
LOL. I'm worried that Clark isn't going to deal with the Lana situation effectively.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard