Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Wow.... a solution with no mention of Ultra Woman or Resplendent Man... I'm shocked, great story so far though =) I absolutely love the techno-babble.

Sara "Lieta"
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Me, I'm a techie freak. I wanted to build a tricorder like the original crew of the Enterprise had, but Earth technology wasn't advanced enough. This explanation makes perfect sense to me, although I'm a little miffed because I didn't think of it first. It's a great idea, and one that should enter "fanon" as soon as possible.

Now all we have to wait for is the complication. (Unless, of course, this is one long B-plot story. Which would be okay by me.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh nice I missed the first
two parts. i have to go and find them now. I loved the whole biofield thing! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is great! You really provided us with a splendid explanation to why Lois could get pregnant with Clark's child. And you demonstrated to those of us who were still unconvinced that honeymoons really are good things! laugh thumbsup clap

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
This was great, Bob! I love how you solved the conception problem. Thanks to Doc Klein's very meticulous testing, even I was able to keep up with what happened. wink But we still have two more parts to go. I can't wait to see what's in store.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh wow! The story is so smooth-flowing and really really great laugh

And especially loved the sensor imaging device, and Dr. Klein's baseline experiments... thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To quote Jurasic Park: Nature always finds a way laugh

That was a great explanation, Bob. And surprising Bernie with a S-pregnant Lois is always so much fun. The poor guy really has no choice but at first think outside marital bonds for the conception laugh

Michael

Note to self: Must write a story were Lois tells her Dad sometime.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
Blogger
I love your story Bob. It is like separation and distance is unproductive and negative...while closeness of heart and soul [and body] is productive and therefore positive, conducting the energy that continued closeness sustains thereby giving life to, in this case a child, but it could be any kind of gift or experience. Love that concept.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I’m so glad that I didn’t lose everyone in Part 3. When the techno-babble gets into the red zone, as it was for much of Ch. 6, I get worried.

Lieta: I’m glad that you enjoy the story and the techno babble. I really have put my all into creating an interesting story and conveying my ideas on those aspects of the science of Superman (such as it is)

Terry: For myself I am truly one of the original trekkies. I still remember twisting my family’s collective arms into watching the new show called Star Trek back in 1966. It made quite an impression. (Although I still can’t believe that they opened with a salt-vampire monster episode.) As for my concepts on how Superman works, I was surprised that with all the stories that are out there some other frustrated Spock or Data soul mate (such as me) would have nailed all this down. If you look at my disclaimer at the top of part 1, I was very concerned that I was only going to be replicating someone else’s ideas. I’m glad this seems to be original. As for complications, well, I do have two major sections left in the story.

Laurach: Thank you and I hope you enjoy the other parts.

Ann: I was almost disappointed that I hadn’t done as you had speculated in earlier feedback of an unexpected encounter with Red K on their honeymoon trip. I am at heart a super sentimentalist. I really believe in the idea that when the people are right, there is nothing better than spending time together.

Beth: I am really thankful to Bernie for providing such a superior voice for me to explain my ideas.

AnKS: I am sooo happy at your “smooth-flowing” comment. I have tried as hard as I know how to achieve something like that. From the moment that I decided to write this particular story I have been concerned that the "science" and "story" would be a clumpy oil-and-water mix at best.

Michael: I really enjoyed developing the revelation to Bernie. I have always enjoyed the various ways that Bernie has been let in on the secret in other stories. I wanted to have some fun with that but still give him credit for being an intelligent person. To me, once he knows that Superman made Lois pregnant, he will figure out very quickly that Clark is Superman.

Fauve: To me, the essence of Lois and Clark IS their relationship. I grew up with Superman but never found the super-powers to be really that interesting. From the very first time that I saw this version with the focus being on the Lois & Clark relationship, I knew this was something special. Each of them is truly incomplete without the other. Such is the benefit (and cost) of having a Soul Mate such as they do. I actually have another idea for a story to explore the nature of their “Soul Mate” relationship, how it happened and what it means.

Again, thank you all for your kind words. I still have a bit more story to tell. The next section may not be quite so quick to be posted as Parts 2 & 3. I am still fighting with some parts of Chapter 7. After the wonderful encouragement that I have received, I desperately want to do the best that I can. It shouldn’t be delayed by too much. It just may take 5 or 6 days instead of the 3 to 4 that have separated the earlier parts.

Bob

Blogger
Blogger
Bob, as interesting and fascinating as super powers are [and they are very much a part of any Superman story], it is the relationship of Lois and Clark, in any aspect, that attracts me and keeps my interest in a story. And I love the way that Bernard Klein is woven into your story, his thoughts and feelings.

I, for one, would be very interested in reading a 'soul mate' story.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Can't wait for more, but on a side note I am a Biochemistry major and your set up reads plausible. Or as plausible as anything can be to explain how a man can fly and how individuals born on separate planets can not only converge visually but also biologically. You definitely hooked the genetics nerd in me, I want to hear about inheritance and such soon, besides the bio-field =P

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard