C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Feedback appreciated!

Posting schedule [ET]:

Ch. 8 and 9: Saturday late morning [as we have plans Sat night and could be out from fairly early to very late wink ]

Ch. 10 and 11: Monday, 7-8pm

Ch. 12 and 13: Wednesday either before 6 or after 10

Spoilers for 6 and 7 below:

As for the potential WHAMish thing here, I did think very long and hard before doing it. It will be a while - possibly a long while - before they know *for sure* if anything happened or not. If you would really like to know now, please feel free to email me smile .

Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
has anyone ever mentioned that you are obsessed with drugging lois? sheesh - i KNEW it was coming, but hey, makes for great drama and angst. promise me she really wasn't assaulted? please? pretty please? and I love the posting schedule, I just sat down after a run and voila! new post! thanks!

A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Just thought I'd let you know that I'm enjoying this and trying to keep up with your aggressive posting schedule. Don't get me wrong--I love quick gratification! smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
AAAAAAAHHHH, No!!!! Carol, I just wanted to go to bed and you had to post this now. There is no way I can read this tonight and now I know it's already out there. Do you have any idea how it feels to have the Christmas presents already under the tree and not being allowed to open them?

Till tomorrow, Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I like the fact that you're giving us a more positive view of Lana. As much as I'm emotionally attached to Lois and Clark, I always felt stories that showed Lana as a witch were uncalled for. Clark would know better than to get himself involved with someone like that!

Still, given the circumstances of this story, I have to wonder why they ever broke up in the first place. Canon LnC gives us indication Lana never accepted Clark's unsual origins. Since I already indicated that I don't think she does, that could very well be it.

The other option is that they just "grew apart" because of changes in college, etc.

Maybe this is because I have no context for that kind of relationship/break - up. (I married the only guy I ever dated.) But I have a hard time understanding that. Yes, people change a lot during college. But they don't stop growing/changing once they get out! You marry someone who can accept you who you are and the changes that you make.

I hope that's not too harsh. I don't mean that I don't like the story. I'm just a little confused about that aspect/people's reaction to it.

Keep it coming.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ah gaaah. I don't like the possibility that Lois was raped, Carol.

Didn't much like the Lana/Clark cosiness, either. Mind you, I don't hate Lana, I just don't want her anywhere near Clark!

At least Clark was wrong when he said that Martha couldn't wait for Lana to call her 'Mom'!

Ann

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys smile .

Sarah - I know, I know. I tried to find a way around that... really I did...

Angie - thanks!

Michael - see you tomorrow wink .

Sara - I've written Lana as a witch more times than not [when I've bothered to write her wink ]. Don't like her at all most of the time. I also married the only guy I ever dated so... As for what happens here... Stay tuned smile .

Ann - I knew you wouldn't like that frown . I didn't either. Honest. I tried to find a way around it but for stuff later... As I said before, it'll be a while before they know for sure, but if any of you want to, let me know.

Thanks guys smile .

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, ick! Lois got roofied! The poor kid. Man, I hope she's not pregnant now! But wouldn't that present a moral dilemma for Clark? Sam Lane might find out that Clark is her roommate and assume the obvious and then Lana would go ballistic and Linda would smirk and Lois would try to kill Linda and Clark would have to save Linda's life and then he'd offer to marry Lois so her child would have a legal father and she'd refuse out of pride or something and I'd better stop before I hurt myself.

Great story, by the way. Very compelling. And I hope Clark finds the blankety-blank creep who slipped Lois the GBH or whatever it was and makes him wish he'd never even thought about drugging a girl for sex.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whistles innocently, staring at everything on the boards EXCEPT Terry

I can neither confirm nor deny any of those statements.

wink

Carol

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
evil
spider

I choose to believe that I came close on at least one of my meanderings. And that I was way off on the rest of them.

I wonder which one was which?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to college, Lois. Pour your own drink and (well our second rule was share the cigarettes, but that doesn't really apply here). (I know, Insert insensitivity, I promise I'll be properly horrified after I finish all these darn illustrations for Monday.)

Terry certainly peaked my interest. A big fat RAFO to find out where that conjecture ranks on the truth radar. :p

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock Intense chapter Carol. My stomach´s all twisty and knotty now.

Why is Lois not freaking out more? Denial or -something else.

What´s with the flash outside the window? Wait I think I know. It´s the other thing you mentioned.

And her right arm broke twice? What´s up with that? Loved the rivalry and Lois basically wanting to jump Clark´s bones.

Who drugged her? And why am I thinking Lana or Linda?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
And the plot thickens... I've said it before and I'll say it again- I'm really loving this first person thing.

Personally, I hope Clark got there *before* that villain (will we know who it was?)...

The bedroom scene both after they return from the party and in the morning was fantastic... smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Poor Lois.

I am hoping the empty condom wrappers at least mean she doesn't have to worry about any unneeded pregnancies... it is bad enough being violated, but having to decide on what to do with a complication like pregnancy... that's really harsh for a college girl, especially one who has her career already planned with expectations...

As much as you show a 'lighter' side to Lana... she's almost like Lex to me... smooth exterior but prickly and poison on the inside. I just can't buy her nice-nice side.

I love that Clark is the boy scout even in college...

I also like the subtle hints to Lois slowly starting to 'notice' Clark... even her drug induced flirting.... that whole removing her inhibitions thing could be rather dangerous with Lana around.

Looking forward to more...

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Carol,

I'm still reading, and I'm trying very hard to like Lana. Unfortunately, I'm still not succeeding. Sorry!

I'm wondering what will happen to Lana, because Clark just falling out of love with her, when he seems to smitten at the moment, makes me think he's unreliable in the emotional stakes ... and I don't want to think that.

However, Lana might not be so nice as she pretends, so that would explain Clark becoming disillusioned with her later.

And, are the empty condoms a red herring? You mention we won't know exactly what happened to Lois for quite a while ... now pregnancy would show up in a few weeks ... so is it something worse?

Please pardon my 'thinking out loud'. You've certainly got me trying to work out what's going to happen in the rest of your story, which is a good thing. wink

I'm just going to have to be patient and allow you to reveal what you have in mind. smile

Yours Jenni

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Once again, I can neither confirm nor deny anything that Terry said. Ever. Okay, maybe not EVER but not now wink .

JD - As far as she remembered she did pour her own drink and didn't leave it sitting anywhere.

Michael - denial is probably about right. Ah - flash outside the window. Wondered if anyone would notice that. As for relevance... *shrug* Could just be one of those things smile . I had a friend in elementary who broke one arm or the other every year she was in elementary.

AnKS - Was it Dan Scardino? *shrug again* You'll see. Flash? What flash? Kidding, I know what flash wink . I have a hard time writing a sympathetic Lana and wish I had succeeded a bit better. Adventure to Bremerton coming up tomorrow smile .

Lisamaree - Clark is such a boy scout isn't he? I loved the Lois line right before she went to sleep 'if you ever want to drop the towel...'. He'll bring that up at some point *g*.

Jenni - I have a hard time liking Lana too and that's probably a big part of the reason why I had such a hard time writing her likable. Pregnancy would show up fairly soon - if Lois thinks to look for it. I think she's... denial isn't quite right, but almost detached from what may have happened. She doesn't remember anything about it and there's no *real* evidence of what actually happened and Clark *thinks* he got there fast enough so...

Thanks everyone!

What happens in Bremerton? Stay tuned... wink .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
JD - As far as she remembered she did pour her own drink and didn't leave it sitting anywhere.
Then what in the world happened to her...talk about an even bigger RAFO!

Heh, I'm probably the only who who adores Lana. I love to hate characters, and I love evil characters. wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Er... what's RAFO? /isn't familiar with that one...

She doesn't *remember* setting her drink down or accepting one... doesn't mean she *didn't* [also doesn't mean she *did* but...]

More coming momentarily. Thanks again smile .

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, maybe she handed the drink to Lana while she went into the powder room. Okay, it's a frat house. While she went to the john.

Michael

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Great chapters, Carol. I was alternatively giggling and saying 'oh my God!'

Clark and Lana's desire to marry is very real to me. My college boyfriend and I were exactly like that. I'm very thankful that we didn't go off half-cocked and get married over a long weekend or something, because of course we eventually broke up and now I'm married to someone else. But back then we were very sincere in our discussions for the future.

It hurts my heart that Lois may have been raped. I'll be waiting on pins and needles for a resolution to that plot.

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard