Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55369 09/23/08 02:10 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Whoopsies! laugh

Can't wait for some of the ground rules between Lois and Clark, heh.

Hmm, so looks like Linda and Lana hit it off.. why is that..(coz both are... as Lois said "evil"?? cool )

Wonderful part... this first person thing is nice!

thumbsup thumbsup dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hmmm. Wonder what it is between Lois and her dad that Lois just can't move back home and commute? And how will that affect this very interesting interpersonal dynamic that's brewing up in this suite?

I'm sorry to hear about Ellen and Lucy. But it does set up some interesting relationship angles for Lois and her dad. Maybe her father is remarried and Lois doesn't like her new stepsister - er, stepmother? Or maybe Sam is involved in some things that Lois wishes he wasn't involved in? This should be interesting, too.

This Clark is slightly ethically challenged if he and Lana requested adjoining rooms without telling their parents. My impression is that this arrangement was more Lana's idea than Clark's, but he still went along with it. Shame on you, Clark!

Lois is bothered by Clark and Lana playing kissy-face? Maybe all is not as well between Lois and Joe as she would like to believe. After all, Joe wasn't invited up to her room. And now that Clark is there, he might not ever be invited. I wonder how that's going to affect the dynamic.

Linda is more than just a little predatory? Yeah, that's going to throw a monkey wrench into the works somewhere along the line. Maybe Linda will make a blatant move on Clark and Lana will catch them and accuse Clark - or maybe Lois will catch them and clobber Linda and thereby reveal her sublimated attraction to Clark. Or Clark will catch Joe making a pass at Lana - or Lois will catch them and instead of getting upset at Joe, she'll bust Lana for cheating on Clark and thereby reveal her - you get the idea.

And Clark's powers? Oh, boy, how's he going to keep that information from Lois? And I still don't really know if Lana knows. I think she'd have to, but maybe she's doing her best to ignore that aspect of her hunky boyfriend because she doesn't know how to deal with it.

I bet Lois will know.

Oh, this is just bursting with possibilities and permutations. I'm very interested in seeing where this goes. Will Clark and Lois have a study group together? Will they break a story together? Will Lois allow Linda to live out the year?

This is going to be a fun ride, even with the "no walking around in towels" rule.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At least Clark is not saying "I'm Doomed!"

This is looking really interesting.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap clap clap clap

Awesome stuff, Carol. LnC where just laugh I think I'm going to hate it (read devastated) when that first semester is over and the dorms get shuffled through. Or will it be the entire school-year?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, that sure is interesting!

Terry's post summed up many of the questions I have myself, primarily what on Earth is the problem between Lois and her father. Imagine losing your mother and your sister, having only your father for a family, and then you have serious issues with him. frown

Linda King and Lana - eh, can you be a little more disgusting, Carol? Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, but boy, Lana and Linda King most certainly aren't my favorite people!!! razz razz razz I'm very glad that Clark didn't get a good impression of Linda! Way to go, Clark! clap

I agree with Terry that Lois's jealousy was interesting. She fell for him right away and pretty hard, didn't she? Only she doesn't realize it yet.

And now Lois and Clark are roommates. Oh, boy. And Clark is supposed to keep his powers a secret from Lois? Please don't make Lois so blind that she sees all kinds of evidence that Clark is 'super' and still tells herself that her roommate is nothing more than a farmboy from Kansas!

This is certainly very interesting!

Ann

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
AnKS - Hmmm... I guess that's a good a reason as any for Lana and Linda to have hit it off. I do think that Lois will avoid them at all costs - as much as possible.

Terry - the reason Lois can't move home will become clear and that reason will play a pretty major role later. I will say that Sam is not evil or involved in anything sinister or employed by Lex or anything like that. I think you're right about Lana being the one pushing for the suite, but I don't know that Clark protested too much. As for what Lois and Clark end up doing together to throw a potential wrench in the Clark and Lana thing [if anything laugh who's to say Lois and Clark will end up together? /runs for cover], well, you'll have to wait and see.

James - did I tell you how BIG the smile was when I got your PM this morning? I was in front of about 20 students [who were studying for a quiz they were getting ready to take].

Michael - I don't know how many parts it's going to be yet but more than 50. I think Three's Company only had two women at a time, but same idea. Unless something happens, usually [at least in my experience] dorm assignments are for a year so...

Ann - glad you're enjoying it smile . Yeah, I'm not a Lana fan AT ALL so this was a real stretch for me at times because I am trying to write her as someone we would like if she wasn't coming in between Lois and Clark. As for Clark's powers, he's *very* careful about them. I've read other fics where he had roommates who never got suspicious so... We'll see where that goes wink .

Thanks guys! Look for 4 tomorrow!
Carol

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wait - lois and clark may not end up together?!!! i will not be able to read this then....please tell me you were kidding? pretty please? i really can't stand lana, and even more lana with clark, i feel traitorous even reading about it....

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by carolm:
Unless something happens, usually [at least in my experience] dorm assignments are for a year so...
Hmm... Thought so smile So Lois is hoping someone will flunk out and she can get a new place next semester?

Michael

PS: Seen the WHAM warning and now I'm just anxiously waiting till Monday. I will definitely try to not give into suspense and PM you.
*One minute later*
I'm really trying to...
*Another minute has passed by*
Argh, I give up. I knew about a character dying in a novel-series and I survived it much better knowing beforehand. Expect a PM now smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Inbox has been cleaned out some for PM purposes.

I've also decided to start posting 2 chapters EOD for now.

And to that end... I'm going to post 4 and 5 this evening, 6 and 7 Thursday evening, 8 and 9 Saturday evening and so on...

Sarah - Would I kid about something like that? *wide innocent eyes* I will say that I believe in happy endings. How's that? wink

Carol

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
2 chapters EOD rotflol Okay, so maybe my dark sense of humor has just broken through wink

Michael

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
"No, I understood you the first time. I just wondered what psychiatric disorder you're suffering from."
Yes! Snarky!Clark! We don't see nearly enough of him around here.

"I already said that, Captain Obvious."
lol Carol, I'm going to laugh myself to death!

"My parents raised me better than that though and I'm sorry."
Aww, that's our sweet Clark. I love that he can be snarky but still remember his true self.

"Linda King is your roommate?" Lois interrupted. "Oh this just gets better and better."
I really starting to feel for Lois!

Linda is just one large world of YIKES, isn't she?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just read the first three parts and enjoying. I didn't expect Linda King in the picture; poor Lois.

I never got to enjoy dorm life - I lived at home while in University. Though, if were in Lois and Clark's situation and felt so strongly about not moving, I wouldn't tell my Mum. Haha.

Eww Linda King. I'm still hung up on that. She gives me the creeps! I wonder what she's going to do! With that being said, I'm going to run off and read as much as a I can tonight.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard