I wrote this happy little fic for my lovely pink Jenn. Enjoy.

An Apology

As Lois stood in front of him...angry...and with good reason, Clark felt a surge of guilt run through him. Why did he have to do that? It seemed like such a good idea at the time...but, he sighed, the road to damnation is paved with good intentions. He had to make this right, but how? Well, he would just start simply.

"I'm so sorry Lois."

"For?" She kept her back turned to him and her arms folded.

"Please, Lois. Don't make me say it."

He was answered by the stiffening of her posture, and an agitated sigh. He looked around the bull-pen quite a few of his colleagues were watching but trying hard to look like they were just working.

"Fine." He was defeated...he would do anything to get her to forgive him...even if it meant public humiliation...

She turned to face him, her stance still cold. After a moment she started tapping her foot impatiently. "I'm waiting...what are you sorry about?"

Taking a deep breath and hanging his head he mumbled his offense.

She dramatically cupped her ear and leaned toward him. "What was that? I don't think I heard you."

He sighed again...she had heard him, but no one else had and therefore it wasn't enough for Lois Lane.

"I'm sorry that I.."

"I'm sorry...who?" She so wasn't going to make this easy on him...

"I, Clark Kent, am sorry that I...*sigh*...that I openly gawked at your breasts! It was insensitive of me, and I apologize."

She raised her eyebrows and rolled her hand signaling for him to continue. She was so not going to give him a break on this.

"It just proves that I am just another pig-headed jerk, and thus not worthy to even be near someone as truly great as the famed Lois Lane." He finished with a defeated sigh.

"Admitting it is the first step." She said, then in a tone that he was sure she thought he couldn't hear. "Now all I need is for you to learn how to be assertive and take charge of what you want."

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker