Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55104 09/05/08 09:57 AM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Terry, I missed the first part of this due to lousy internet access, but you have me really interested.

Something's up with Robin. I'm not sure what her deal is, but she's got me worried. I'll be watching closely. wink

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ditto Beth. Not sure what to make of her especially the whole drop the robe thing.

Carol

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Holy conflagration! Lois is fighting depression and Clark brings home a strange blonde with out first consulting her? That's sacary.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I am loving reading this again...It is once again causing others to look at me funny...but who cares! laugh

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I am definitely intrigued. And I don't much like what this blonde is up to either.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
The phrase "here comes trouble" comes to mind. I've decided to reserve judgment where Robin is concerned. I like this story so far.

"We've been sitting here all night and the longest conversation you've had with a woman was when your mom called."
Leonard to Howard: The Big Bang Theory
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Kara. Hmm, sounds like Clark's cousin.

Since only part of the US restricts first cousin marriage and most of the rest of the world accepts it as normal, who are we to say what Kryptonians believe about it?

BTW Terry, is this your vision of Kara? [Linked Image]

Framework4
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Thanks for the comments, y'all. I'm glad I haven't scared everyone off with my affinity for long and complex stories.

Robin is indeed scary. You'll see part of the reason why in the next chapter (up soon). And Clark bringing such a woman into his home when his wife is dealing with some crushing emotional burden? Yeah, even I can see that's not a good thing.

Kara isn't necessarily related to Clark. Her dad was a "professional associate" of Clark's father's brother, which means they might have been close friends or that Kara's dad was a janitor for Clark's uncle's business. We don't know yet.

And why is Clark taking such an interest in this woman? Can't be romantic, can it? Naah! Must be something else.

We'll see that soon, too.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've only just discovered this story... and Kara scares me.

As someone who has also fought (and continues to try to remain free of) post-natal depression, given the scene Lois walked in on, I think I would have 'lost it'.

I don't trust this Kara one little bit... and I tend to wonder if she has anything to do with the plane going down. Either way, I think she is a dangerous person, especially with the one piece of knowledge that can be Superman (and Lois's) undoing.

It does amuse me that Clark seems so .. hmm... 'taken'by Kara that he would not only drop his guard and secret identity, but bring her into his home without a second thought. It isn't something I can see Clark doing in a normal scenario.

Thanks for sharing... I'm intrigued.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard