Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Arrrg that was great! Until you left us stranded there! More quick. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
<--- loves Wendy! thumbsup

. . . assuming she doesn't kill Lois with shock first! eek

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*hums the Wendy's here to save the day song*

Nice cliffhanger. dizzy evil

'Tis all the words I can muster up under limited brain power right now. Looking forward to more!

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark is there?? And ALIVE?! smile1

Oooo I can't wait to read more!!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooo Wendy, you better post again soon! hyper What an evil way to leave us hanging! evil

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Did you really only just see this story when Tank posted it and came up with part 3 so fast?

You are amazing! and Gifted, and many more 'super'latives clap

Please post part four soon! Why is Clark in the newsroom?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Terrific part, Wendy. But that's not a surprise. As Tank said, this is definitely a set-up to your strengths, so I wasn't surprised to see a well-written section filled with introspection. smile I loved it.

The conversation with Martha was wonderful with all the issues of his Clark/Superman identities. The second episode of the series that I ever saw was "Tempus Fugitive", and I was so intrigued by his "Superman is what I can do; Clark is who I am" statement. But of course that isn't entirely accurate either, and for some of the reasons that you point out here. Just lovely.

And whoa...this was a surprise - albeit a very nice one - to find Clark at his desk. smile1 I guess that Lois, since she has the day's delay with the DP delivery, and since she may not have looked at her copy of the DP this morning since she was traveling, didn't see the story that must have explained Clark's mysterious escape from death...

Ooh, I think we're going to have a lovely reunion scene. Where is my kleenex box? Ok, I've got it, so any time you want to post it, Wendy, I'm ready. Thanks to Tank's initial set-up and your continuation, the scene is laid out perfectly now.

Let's recap: It appears that Clark has decided to risk telling her that he's Superman - that it's better to have her in his life loving his "Super" side than not having her at all. Lois has realized over the past six weeks that absence does make the heart grow fonder. This, coupled with her immense grief over the death of her best friend, has brought her hidden feelings of love for Clark to the surface. So now we are going to have a incredibly waffy and romantic declaration right there in the middle of the newsroom, right? [Linked Image]

Well, I don't know that I want it to be in so public a place, but since the story is going to be concluded in this next part, I know that things can't go too terribly wrong... So when will we see Part 4? hyper

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
So now we are going to have a incredibly waffy and romantic declaration right there in the middle of the newsroom, right?

Well, I don't know that I want it to be in so public a place
Kathy, this is what blinking and buzzing (yes, new feature recently added laugh ) arrows are for! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]... or [Linked Image] if they're already smoochying happily and tumbling into the conference room (which better be furnished with a nice, comfortable couch, or else I'll have words with Perry), for this is where the arrows lead...

Unpredictable, poignant and sniffle-inducing, Wendy! Can't wait for the conference room scene!! evil

Kaethel jump

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Columnist
Columnist
What a place to leave us!

Great installment! Interesting twist.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Oh my! Perhaps Superman had whisked Clark out of the way in milliseconds before the bomb and tended to him for a day before he returned? Perhaps he's Clark's identical twin cousin (who adores the minuet, the Ballet Russe and Crepe Suzettes.....) Perhaps Lois is hallucinating?

We need to know!!!! smile1

Just marvelous...can't wait for the rest.

Best,
Sherry
(Who isn't gonna explain the identical twin cousin thing.....it's just one of our old-fogey touchstones again coming back to haunt me wink )

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Like I expected anything less from Wendy.

I am curious as to how Clark is there and look forward to Wendy's explanation. It obviously can't be something as simple as Superman rescuing him in the nick of time since that would have precluded the Planet from thinking Clark was dead and printing the story. There obviously has to be some significant time delay from the time Clark was thought to have been 'blowed up' to the time he miraculously comes back from the dead.

I have confidence in Wendy and await the outcome as does everyone else.

Tank (who says that at least Lois gets to keep her short haircut wink )

Top Banana
Top Banana
I am dying. Post part 4 soon! hyper

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh, I love it, Wendy!

I love Lois's anger at Superman because he didn't save Clark. It so... well I don't think I can find a fitting word, but it is.

“But do you want her to love only the Clark side of you? And not Superman? You can’t have it both ways, honey. Whichever of you she takes, she has to take the other side too. She doesn’t have a choice in the matter.”
I love this piece too. Martha is so right.

The desk was occupied. Someone was typing busily at the computer, his face averted. But the broad shoulders and muscular frame looked oddly familiar, and for a moment Lois felt her heart skip a beat.

But she was imagining things. Of course she was. It was only that she was so used to seeing Clark at his desk, that was it. It wasn’t as if he could be there, after all. He was dead.

And then the man at Clark’s desk turned to look in her direction, almost as if he’d sensed that he was being watched.

It was Clark.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Excellent start, Wendy! Can't wait for the final segment.

She was going to Metropolis. It might be too late to find Clark, to talk to him, to ask him to forgive her for leaving and to be her friend once more, but she owed it to him to be there for him now, to say her last goodbyes.
This is just so Lois. Even crippled, she'd crawl over broken glass to do this for Clark.

And to regret, for ever, the loss of what could have been.
And just as typical, Lois never figures out what she wants until it's too late. (or at least she thinks it is)

“Clark, you need to understand that you’re no more just Clark Kent than you are Superman,” Martha continued, reinforcing the point. “If Lois did decide that she wanted *Clark*, you can no more give her that than you can give her Superman. She has to take both of you to have either one.”
Yay, Martha. Make Clark see reason here.

And then the man at Clark’s desk turned to look in her direction, almost as if he’d sensed that he was being watched.

It was Clark.
It'll be interesting to see why Clark is at the Daily Planet building. Everybody there thinks he's dead, so how did he get there? There was no time frame given for when Lois arrived, so I wonder if anyone else is around to know Clark is there. I have to assume it's a normal daytime shift, since Lois looked at both her desk and Clark's desk to see who would be there. If it was the late shift, she wouldn't expect to see anyone.

If Perry and Jimmy do know Clark is alive, it'll be fascinating to see how Clark declared himself alive. And what is Clark doing there anyway? Is he just back on the job on a normal typical day or is he there for a specific reason?

One more thing, you had a nice amount of angst and introspection in this story. smile

Whatever the situation, I can't wait for Part 4. Hurry up and post, Wendy!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh, this is good! I can't wait to find out how Clark did it! And will she stay in Metropolis now that she knows what a good thing she has?

Loved the discussion between Clark and Martha about the two sides of Clark/Superman. How true that they can't be so easily separated into two complete individuals.

Looking forward to Part 4!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Top Banana
Top Banana
Huh? So what exactly did Clark tell everyone so he could come back? Intriguing, Wendy, very intriguing.

Thank goodness I know this is a short fic. When we had Lois planning to go back to Metropolis, and Clark thinking maybe he ought to talk to Lois after all, I envisaged the usual evilness, ie, Lois's plane and Superman crossing somewhere over mid-America, each en route to the opposite coast. laugh

Great Martha scene, Wendy! I love it when she goes into her enigmatic Confusious mode. <g>

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just loving it! goofy

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! An excellent part! thumbsup

And Clark's back! I can't wait to see what the explanation is. dizzy
Please post the next part ASAP!

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ok...since pressing "refresh" multiple times isn't making part 4 magically appear...maybe nagging here will smile

Nag nag... please don't keep us in suspense.

Hm...maybe it should be begging instead wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard