Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I'm really looking forward to reading your reactions to this chapter.

Oh, and as to my comment that you should look at what isn't in this story... For everyone who mentioned Tempus, congrats.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
oy.

so vicki is victor?

And the only reason you're posting every night is because tomorrow is the last one?

Oy.

I will still give you confetti though but not much.

`,',`',`'

The science gave me a headache, but I'm glad that Lane and Kent don't disappear. I hope we get a little bit more on what happens with them in the next one. And I hope that Lois and Clark now have two kids instead of one rather than Vicky turning into Victor.

So you really want to go ahead and post the next section now don't you?

Carol

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
This was a delightful part until....
A moment later, they were standing in the nursery. Only... Something was off. Blues instead of pinks dominated the landscape.

“Oh, boy,” Clark said.

TO BE CONTINUED...
shock shock

That is plain out and out evil.
wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't mean to laugh my damn ass off. I really don't. But of all the the things I expected to go wrong at the end....a boy instead of a girl didn't even make it on the list. Totally taken off guard!

Can't wait to find out what happens next!
JD
( rotflol )

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
T
"Oh, boy," is right. Awesome update.

Looking forward to reading chapter 48.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ML, you had me scared from about a third through the story that you'd end it here. Wew. Glad to have jumped that gun.

Lane felt unexpectedly shy when Kent opened the door to his apartment and ushered her inside. After leaving Star Labs, it had been decided that Lois and Clark would, once again, stay at Lane’s apartment for the night. But this time, Lane had decided to go home with Kent.

But for some inexplicable reason, now that she was there, she felt shy. The fact that they had been lovers for years hardly seemed possible. Everything seemed new. Everything felt different.

“So...” he said as he closed the door behind them.

She looked over at him. He sounded slightly breathless as if he too were feeling this unexpected sense that they were in unfamiliar territory.

“So...” she said in response.
That was just plain evil, pulling a skittish couple on us.
They stood there in silence for a moment, just staring into each other’s eyes. And then, almost as if some force greater than either of them suddenly reached in and pushed them together, they found themselves in each other’s arms, kissing, touching, exploring as they tripped together down the steps into his apartment.
Okay, good. Still Lane and Kent. But I really thought at first that a) they felt the echo from Lois and Clark's bout of passion two nights ago, or b) Lois and Clark were going at it in Regina Street. Not that might not still be true huh

“So...” Lois said when she regained the power of speech. “I guess we know what Lane and Kent have been doing tonight.”

Unable to help himself, Clark burst out laughing.
OMG!

Tempus: But didn't you say the answer would be with what we didn't see in the story. Or did you only say we should look for what's not in there, just for the fun of it? Argh! And I don't have the time to check the first twenty or so FDK-threads right now.

A boy? Oh boy. Okay, L&C obviously aren't home yet, are they? Because when they split the universes (loved that resolution by the way), their reality shouldn't have been affected. Unless it was split twice, the first one harmless and remerging, the second one the paradox. Yes, that must be it. Now if I could remember what they had changed that might cause the male swimmer to reach it's goal first.

And what about the Starlabs break-in. You still have to resolve that one, too.

Michael, who is now really wondering if it's going to be 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, or the postulated 54 parts.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Tempus: But didn't you say the answer would be with what we didn't see in the story. Or did you only say we should look for what's not in there, just for the fun of it? Argh! And I don't have the time to check the first twenty or so FDK-threads right now.
Not entirely sure where the first reference is to the ‘what’s not in the story.’ I thought it was right after where the episode Tempus Fugitive should have been, but I couldn't find it. But I did find this:

At the beginning of feedback to chapter 28, I say:

Once again, if you want to figure this thing out, pay attention to what isn't in this story as much as you pay attention to what is in this story.
In feedback for chapter 45, I say:

Okay, I'm going to give you all a hint: Remember to think about what is not in this story
ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, ML.
Originally posted by MLT:
Oh, and as to my comment that you should look at what isn't in this story... For everyone who mentioned Tempus, congrats.
Of course, if I go by the literal meaning of your remarks, it would mean that Tempus is behind it. Especially since you congratulate all those who pointed towards Tempus. But he hasn't shown up yet and you would never give something like this away. Not when half your fans point towards exactly this event and the other half is still reading the map upside down and from the backside while looking at it through a funhouse mirror. So you're just congratulating the Tempus-huggers on being wrong while misdirecting the rest of us yet again. Right? I am right. Right? Unless you know exactly that we will be thinking that and pull a double-switch on us. Plans within plans within plans. cat

ML, you're a Cat playing with a whole cage of hapless mice.

Michael

PS: Yay, I finally have a reason for the strangled cat icon.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh, and one further hint from inside the story itself:

She gave his arm a swat. “Okay... so what’s next? Hey, isn’t this about the time that John Doe showed up... challenging President Garner for the presidency?”

Clark nodded, looking through the next few stories on his computer. After a moment, he gave his head a shake. “I guess he never showed up in this reality,” he said.

“But, Clark, if he didn’t show up...”

A sudden commotion coming from the next room interrupted her thoughts. Both Lois and Clark leapt to their feet, rushing to the door.
ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Michael, you're reading too much into my comment. There were a couple of people who said, following my comment about looking for what isn't in the story, who mentioned that Tempus hadn't shown up in the story. Now, no one figured out what that ommission meant. But at least they realized what the story was missing.

ML wave

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
party Happy 1000th post, ML! party

And what has Dragon got to do with Tempus? devil

Okay, I'm now going to check myself into the funny farm.

Micheal

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, you're reading too much into my comment.
I always do. And that is your fault blush wink

There were a couple of people who said, following my comment about looking for what isn't in the story, who mentioned that Tempus hadn't shown up in the story. Now, no one figured out what that ommission meant. But at least they realized what the story was missing.
I guess so. I always lived by the maxim: no LnC, no Superman, no Tempus huh

Michael

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb part. Yay for Lane and Kent getting to work together at the Planet, and of course marriage. We did get some answers along with some new questions.

One thing which worries me is that maybe Lois and Clark should have discussed their course of action with the expert aka (Lane and Kent)'s Dr Klein before going on their adventure or did they. Maybe I'm a bit confused from the mumbo jumbo but didn't Lois and Clark create another paradox by going back in time *before* jumping back to their home-universe. I mean if Lois and Clark jumped back to a time before Dragon's men showed up then there was noone to save the ppl at Lane's Daily Planet. They weren't even there to meet Lane and Kent face to face or have a chat with this universe's Dr. Klein who told them how to get back...? But maybe this didn't have that much of a consequence to create another reality?

Or maybe Lois and Clark are now in yet another universe one in which there is a Victor, and hopefuly Vicky is still safe and sound in her own universe. Nevertheless this universe definitely has a Superman.. er Man of Steel smile

Or or Vicky has a new baby-sitter named Tempus... uhoh.

Now I'm confusing even myself...

Better for me to stop speculating incoherently and await another fantastic chapter of this fabulous story!!
thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
This begs another question... when Lois and Clark started the journey the first time... that is when Lois pressed the button on the time travel device... did someone (like our favorite villain) purposely set that particular date in 1992 or was it just random?

[EDIT--] Oops hit a "new post" button rather than adding this to my earlier post.. sorry!

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Why did they only go back in time two days? Were they trying to go back to before they even went back the first time ? I wouldn't think two days would make a difference, since they'd already landed in Lane & Kent's world by then...or not? help help

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, I was right! *pets her pair of ducks* .. What?

I think our L&C had been in L&K's world longer than two days, so going back two days, or soon after the jumped to the past, wouldn't affect the universe at all.

Of course, at the end of this part, my mind went "Hoping that their next leap would be the leap home." Wrong series. laugh

By the way, I think that's the most convoluted explanation of the split-universe theory. Only Klein...

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course, at the end of this part, my mind went "Hoping that their next leap would be the leap home." Wrong series.
Karen, at least they don't have a *blue* Golden Gate* bridge to come home to. Only a blue nursery. rotflol

Michael

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Love the "Quantum Leap" reference!
“Oh, boy,” Clark said.
Sam Beckett didn't get into as much trouble as Clark and Lois have. Does this latest leap mean that they'll have to go through this whole process again? I sure hope not!

The epilogue will surely end like this: "Lois and Clark leaped into numerous universes, always managing to set right the relationship between the Lois and the Clark already there, but they never leaped home."

And that would be so sad, for Vicky to grow up not knowing why her parents disappeared when she was so small. Of course, she'd be raised by her Daddy's parents, and I'm sure she'd become a wonderful Ultra Girl or Super Lady or whatever. But surely you wouldn't be so cruel to her, would you, ML? (Not to mention cruel to us!)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
so vicki is victor?
Hey, maybe this is a Victor/Victoria type of thing laugh

This was a delightful part until....
Well, I do have to keep you guys on your toes wink

I don't mean to laugh my damn ass off. I really don't. But of all the the things I expected to go wrong at the end....a boy instead of a girl didn't even make it on the list. Totally taken off guard!
Glad I could surprise you, JD.

"Oh, boy," is right.
Clark really does have a way of getting right to the point, doesn't he.

ML, you're a Cat playing with a whole cage of hapless mice.
laugh

Happy 1000th post, ML!
Thanks, Michael. I just noticed that with that post I went from a features writer to a top banana. I really wanted to be a top orange, but... hey, what can a person do. thumbsup

The epilogue will surely end like this: "Lois and Clark leaped into numerous universes, always managing to set right the relationship between the Lois and the Clark already there, but they never leaped home."
Ooo... what a great idea for an ending, Terry. I could end it like Quantem Leap ended - with no resolution, but as Dr. Klein noted, wouldn't it be fun wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Hmm, a never ending L&C tale, Hmm, I wonder who's writing that recalls to mind in the average fan of Lois & Clark?

Framework4
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard