Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54628 08/12/08 03:58 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Great part, Nan.
But why does Pete's willingness to have dinner with Lori give me the creeps???
Jackie

Jackie N.
jacalynsue@zoominternet.net
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Ditto that...

More soon.
Carol.

Kerth
Kerth
Pete seems like a nice guy, and he's maybe a little too obvious as a suspect. I think we should look elsewhere. Stephanie, for example, maybe the craziness conceals something else.

If people think that Superman will be on the moon for several days, they'll start shouting "Help, Superman!" instead of "Help, Eclipse!"

Come to think of it, how does that work in a vacuum?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good chapter. I think Nan is setting up a twist in the story with this (relatively) calm segment. I'm not sure about Pete either, although if his story about taking Stephanie to court is true, it would go a long way in making him seem okay. Of course, that might be why he told the story, to deflect suspicion away from himself.

I'm a little surprised that Clark changed out of the Suit in such a "public" place. Why wouldn't someone say "Hey, did you see Superman just now?" "No." "He just walked through the door!" "Didn't see him. Just some sharp-dressed guy with glasses." "Really? Hmmm...."

Dangerous, this seems to me. Although his "excuse" about visiting Eclipse is plausible, as is his stated intention to stay for a while. After all, he can fly back to Earth in minutes if he needs to.

Good story, Nan. You're keeping up the interest without littering the landscape with bloody bodies. Many mystery authors can't maintain that balance, but you're doing a great job. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Terry, maybe I didn't make it clear enough. Clark changed in the stairwell on the way to the top. He's done that kind of thing even on the show.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay, another update hyper

Don't you just have to love Steph? wink

I think if my memory and my calculations serve me well, it's 2101-2102 right now. Never really thought we might actually get to see the final revelation in the Home series. Wow, this adds a whole new layer to it.

Looking forward to part 16, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess I'm not a particularly suspicious person. I didn't think that any of Pete's actions seemed particularly suspicious. I'm just having too much fun watching Stephanie's antics.

The prospect of a possible eventual “to the world” revelation does introduce an interesting possible future story direction.

Wonderful as always. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. smile1

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Pete doesn't seem to me to be suspect. Of course, that sets us up to be surprised when Pete takes her way at stun point.

Looking forward to more soon.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard