Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Two points here:

1. Everyone who thought that the reason Lois had to change apartments was because of her cooking abilities raise your hand. laugh

2. You’ll notice that in this section, Lane finds Kent’s key under his mat. You might remember that previously Lane discovered Kent’s key under a flower pot. But in another thread, AnKS mentioned that at the end of season one, where Perry comes over to Clark’s place while they are investigating Luthor, Kent yells to him that the key is under the mat. So I went back and changed the previous section - and this section - to match the series (Thanks for that little tidbit, AnKS thumbsup ). And hence forth and forever more, I promise to try to remember to put Clark’s spare key under his mat - unless a flower pot works better for the storyline.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
I.....I.....I..oh my, so how many parts left? I don't know if i can handle this anymore - the late nights, the drama, the angst, extreme angst...oy.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think it's interesting how you keep managing to include the stories with Kryptonite in them. I would have thought those stories would not be able to be included. Using it as a new energy source certainly is different.

I'm finding it a little annoying that they're still calling each other "Kent" and "Lane" after they have gotten so close. I know it's part of a way to tell the difference between "Lois and Clark" who are married and in the conference room, and "Lane and Kent" who are in this altered reality. But it's also a sign of how much distance they still have.

It's interesting that Tempus has not shown up in this reality yet. I had thought it was because Lois and Clark already achieved his goal of "distruction of Utopia!" without his help, so he didn't need to bother. But that last seen makes me wonder. Although I suppose it could still be a random occurance.

Sara

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah yeah yeah.

We had company. Love her to death and haven't seen her much lately [she just finished her Masters after 3 years of hard work and not much play time], but as it got closer and closer to 12est... She and DH were talking work stuff and I was bemoaning the fact that all the laundry was done so I couldn't use that as an excuse to go downstairs...

Anyway - interesting. Am too tired for more than that at the moment. Was up till 3 this morning and is nearly midnight here [and kids were up by 7 though I was only half up till 9ish].

So just send it on to my inbox... And I'll be happy smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
1. LOL. And it must have been black smoke that filled her apt to do that much damage. White smoke from bad cooking disasters eventually loses its smell... :p

I can handle a hold-up since we're still on the "happily ever after" road (yeah, I know we all just snorted at that).

Great part,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This section totally cracked me up. The answers to some questions I'd been wondering about (Lois' new apartment, the wallpaper on the ceiling) really turned out to be nothing like I imagined - but were great!!

Is this the beginning of the part where you say we're going to start questioning everything we thought we knew? I hope so, because I'm interested to see what sort of tale you're going to weave here. (And I'm sure I'm going to soon regret saying that as I begin ripping my hair out waiting for the next section to be posted - as if I weren't already doing that... laugh )

/total ML addict.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MLT:
1. Everyone who thought that the reason Lois had to change apartments was because of her cooking abilities raise your hand. laugh
Well, at least I managed to figure out why she chose this apartment and why the wallpaper covered the ceiling. Sort of. You really are ingenious, ML notworthy

The burnt water was just wow. Now I finally know smile

“Yeah...” she responded. He didn’t need to spell it out. If they kept going much longer, rule number one was going to be broken. Problem was, at the moment she wasn’t quite sure why that was a bad thing.**

“Yeah, I can remember how effective your therapy was,” Clark said. “You had my mind so entirely on... other things... that I wasn’t worrying about hurting you.”

“Just call me Florence Nightingale,” she said with cocky grin.

He laughed. “Yeah, that’s what I meant by ‘other things.’ All I could think about in that moment was Florence Nightingale.”

She gave his arm a swat. “Okay... so what’s next? Hey, isn’t this about the time that John Doe showed up... challenging President Garner for the presidency?”

Clark nodded, looking through the next few stories on his computer. After a moment, he gave his head a shake. “I guess he never showed up in this reality,” he said.

“But, Clark, if he didn’t show up...”
You realize that you just left us hanging there with the hint of Lane/Kent nookie and no way of knowing whether they did finally got back to scoring or not, don't you?

A sudden commotion coming from the next room interrupted her thoughts. Both Lois and Clark leapt to their feet, rushing to the door. When Lois got there first and threw it open, they were confronted by the sight of men with guns, holding the entire newsroom in their sights.
Uh, Claude got a government outfit. He brought the green-K in to disable the infiltrating alien, and now we have Trask and goons to take care of the filthy, infiltrating alien that is shacking up with the female traitor to humanity. And after the whole Smallville mess, nobody can say it isn't justified.

You are not by any chance considering a twelve hour posting schedule, aren't you. Just so you can easily set an analog alarm clock for twelve o'clock and not worry about how often it had rung since the last time you posted?

Hm, I didn't yet state that I loved this part, did I? Okay, here it goes: I loved this part.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I don't know if i can handle this anymore - the late nights, the drama, the angst, extreme angst...oy.
Well, you know, you could always read it the next morning - that would at least keep you from having to stay up late. I promise, it will still be here the next morning laugh

I'm finding it a little annoying that they're still calling each other "Kent" and "Lane" after they have gotten so close. I know it's part of a way to tell the difference between "Lois and Clark" who are married and in the conference room, and "Lane and Kent" who are in this altered reality. But it's also a sign of how much distance they still have.
Well, I see it, at this point, as more of a matter of habit and even a term of affection. But there actually is another reason as well that they are still calling each other Lane and Kent. Stay tuned. laugh

She and DH were talking work stuff and I was bemoaning the fact that all the laundry was done so I couldn't use that as an excuse to go downstairs...
Well, next time just plan your laundry better laugh

And it must have been black smoke that filled her apt to do that much damage. White smoke from bad cooking disasters eventually loses its smell...
Yeah, right. It was black smoke. Right. Okay. Glad we got that sorted out. (From someone who has never known that there was a difference until now blush )

Is this the beginning of the part where you say we're going to start questioning everything we thought we knew?
First hint was buried somewhere in this chapter. Next big hint will be in Chapter 41. And then in Chapter 42, I'm about to hit you between the eyes. wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wait - so how many parts are left? i NEED to know....ballpark figure? please?!!!

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
wait - so how many parts are left? i NEED to know....ballpark figure? please?!!!
Well, I really don't want to answer that questions for reasons that will become apparent shortly. But if you really need to know, email me.

Oh, and Carol, just a quick question. What word processing program do you use? No reason, really. Just curious. laugh

ML wave

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I use MS Word, but I do know how to convert to other file types smile . And that really has nothing to do with how I could guess about how many parts this is wink . Of course, you could just send it to me and save me the trouble of the 'hard' work I'd have to do to figure it out - though I think I have a pretty decent idea anyway.

I had something else all typed and then my computer shut off - not sure why.

As for the laundry... yes, I should have planned better. But I did want to get it all done before DS' bday party yesterday and didn't plan on having company over that late.

But really - DS is still sick and he would absolutely feel MUCH better if I could read the rest of this to him so just send it on over and you'll make his day!

Carol

Columnist
Columnist
It seems as if the pace of this story is really picking up. It's good to see some of our questions answered, and also for some others to pop up. I agree that there has to be something sinister with Claude. Perhaps he did see Clark make that hasty exit, and got involved in bureau 39 as a result? Anyway, bringing Kryptonite into the newsroom was just too much of a coincidence.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb as usual! Loved the dates, and I never would have guessed the reason for the new apartment.

Yay for the key under the mat wink

I especially loved how Lane and Kent are growing closer, sharing things... smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Okay, I still think that Tempus is the one behind all of this. After him not showing up in "season 2 and 3," and after them noticing the lack of John Doe. Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin'.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thank you for all your comments. Just to let you know that the next part should be up within the next fifteen minutes. And then... I'm actually going to try to go to bed early tonight. Tomorrow has all the makings of a nightmare-like day. (ah, well, the hazzards of earning a living wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard