Next Thread
Print Thread
#54334 08/02/08 05:34 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Beth, I should have expected it, but until I read 'Jon' I didn't put this little driblet into your ngenfic-universe.

It surely was hilarious, and Ellie in her Barbie-phase lol Considering how she is going to be, I would never have guessed.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#54335 08/02/08 05:54 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I was up for AT LEAST an hour after this was posted - you should have popped into chat and pasted as you wrote so I could ooooo and aaaaahhhh and stay awake wink .

Hmmm.... Ellie doesn't strike me as the Barbie type but at 6 maybe...

Loved it though. Will even forgive you for not putting more Strength in my inbox. Is your next hour long fic Jon begging to wear a Superman costume for Halloween? I'll even forgive you for not putting 6yo Jay in one if you do that wink .

Carol

#54336 08/02/08 08:57 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful! I was smiling from beginning to end.

I can SO see Clark obsessing one minute about the pointlessness (and wrongness!) of the guns and motorcycle but then correcting Lois that it is an “action figure”, not a “doll”.

I like the way your used the toy as the driver and then leveraged that into having Lois and Clark ponder the fact that they are still keeping the secret from the kids. That provided a nice connection to that central theme in the later stories.

Again, very very nice.

Bob

#54337 08/02/08 09:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
very funny.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#54338 08/02/08 03:00 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#54339 08/02/08 11:09 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was really sweet and funny! Yes, I saw that awful pic of Superman on a motorbike(!!!) that was posted elsewhere on these boards. And Louis Silk!!! Hysterical! Well, you did a great job telling an LnC fic about that horrible toy. thumbsup

Ann

#54340 08/03/08 03:32 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Very nice smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#54341 08/03/08 07:44 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments on my midnight ramblings.

I hadn't planned to link the story with my nextgen series, but when I starting writing and realized that the story needed some kids, I decided that it would be best to just use ones I had already created rather than invent new ones. (while shamelessly plugging my writing to an audience that might not have read the series yet)

And Carol, I knew you would hunt me down. *sigh*... I can't seem to escape! wink

#54342 08/03/08 07:50 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Bwahaha!!!!

Carol

#54343 08/03/08 10:10 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
“Right,” Lois nodded. “And when you think about it, Clark, it’s not even really Superman. It’s just… Superman turned into a doll.”

“Action figure,” Clark replied absently.

“Sorry.” She rolled her eyes.
This reminded me of Wizards of Waverly Place, Justin has a collection of action figures, Alex and Max are always messing with him saying they are dolls.

“No way,” Ellie replied firmly. “I want the DS, not Superman!”

Clark couldn’t help feeling a little wounded at this.
Oh, Clark, don’t be like this, a Nintendo DS is a lot cooller than a cheap superman doll. goofy

Hey, Beth, if you want to do a new story with the Kent familly when Jon and Ellie are little, I would totally love to read it. grovel I see Ellie as a great Hannah Montana fan, lol. Milley leads a double life just like Clark.

Wizards of Waverly Place is relly funny if you want to check it out click here .

#54344 08/10/08 04:40 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Oh, Beth, I can't believe I almost missed this. It's so cute. I loved Clark's reaction to the toy and I particularly like Lois in this story. At first somewhat exasperated with him:
“You had left to go take care of that earthquake, which left me to deal with a pack of eight-year-olds by myself plus a very left out little sister. I was a little too busy to pay close attention during present time.”
she gets over it quickly and is a nice calming influence later:
“Clark, it'll be okay. It's just some cheap knock-off toy that slipped through without the Foundation's knowledge. We'll alert them of the problem, and they'll take care of it. It'll be off the market as soon as possible.”
And I particularly liked the conversation about letting the kids in on his secret. It's one of the great questions of yours stories - why did LnC wait so long? This doesn't answer it fully, but at least give a sense that they didn't mean to, they were just waiting for the perfect time.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard