Next Thread
Print Thread
#54218 07/28/08 06:32 AM
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
It's good to have the answers finally. Guess the only saving grace is that Lois does not remember the rape. No one's first time should be a rape.

Hopefully the baby is really Clarks.

Looking forward to reading post 49.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Carol...yes, it was nice to get answers, but I'm one of the ones not happy with the answers. Why couldn't Clark at least be first? I hate that Lois's first time was not with the man who waited so patiently for her, and loved her. At least don't let the baby be Luthors!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes! I knew she would figure out it was Luthor! I reeeeaaally want to see them take that rat-banger down. Please? Pretty please? What a start to an investigative journalism career that would be.

Erm, you're not planning to introduce Kryptonite in the last four parts, are you? It's just that everyone being in Smallville makes me nervous... and no way Luthor won't think to look there....

(Sorry for dropping out of the feedback loop! Real life has been a little crazy, I guess, but I've mostly be really unmotivated to communicate with anyone but the voices inside my head. smile )

Top Banana
Top Banana
Afterthought...maybe Luthor had...um...difficulties, because Lois wasn't as "amorous" as his past victims, and really didn't (couldn't) rape her after all? Just humour me, please! grovel Please, just don't let Luthor have taken something so precious that Clark waited so patiently for--Lois' virginity.

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with Sheila. Clark deserved at least her first time. Sorry, but I can't take it anymore. I've read and loved lots of angsty fics, but I can't bring myself to read rape and death fics where Lois/Clark are the subjects. Sorry, maybe I'm too sensitive because I loved too much this story; and now I want to cry because that story turned in something else altogether.

I'm just venting because I'm sad and depressed with this turn of events. I felt somehow cheated because I think after so much problems, they deserved better than this. I rooted so much for Lois to grow up, become a mature woman and learn to love Clark, trust him and give herself to him for love. It never happened. He always loved her unconditionally but she always treated him like just a big brother. And I think it wasn't fair that after five years of waiting very patiently for her to resolve her issues, her first time was with Luthor and her only time with Clark she was drugged and doesn't even remember. I was waiting for their first time to be special (after all that they've come through and because the story was about "learning to love"), but it was a banal thing in the big scheme. Lois didn't remember it at all, doesn't want intimacy with Clark and is completely uncomfortable with him as a man. It seems like their only time together just served to put some doubt about the paternity of the child, nothing else. Another man was the first to see Lois naked; yet another man had the first time with her (and Luthor, what makes it worse). What is left to Clark? Just to raise a child that can be the child of the man who raped his wife and live with his one-sided memories from that night. There wasn't physical abuse when she was a child and even so she couldn't get over this in five years (even with a impossibly patient and understanding husband) so I don't see how she could get over a rape in a life time.

I was hoping that it hadn't happened, because from the beginning this story was a favorite of mine. It was the first thing I looked for when I logged in. I was really loving each part, until the rape thing. I thought it made no sense and the confirmation of the rape just killed the story for me. It's the first time I give up on a story, but I can't go ahead after the confirmation of the rape.

Sorry the vent. I shouldn't write when I'm frustrated and disappointed but I just had to get that out of my system. whinging whinging

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, I'm sorry about the rape, but like I said before, I figured it had probably h appened anyway.

I'm glad that thery're starting to bond with the baby, and Lois is still willing to kiss Clark.

But even though this is basically resolved now, I have issues with people getting angry at Lois for not "giving herself to Clark" earlier. I have to say I understand why it happened.

Besides the fact that she had serious trust issues, and was recovering from assualt, Clark didn't want to sleep with her util she really loved him. And unfortuately, even without her trust issues, you can't fall in love with someone simply because they love you. Besides the fact that it isn't that simple, it is actually unfair, in a way. Clark loves Lois for who she is, and Lois loves him because he loves her? Doesn't that sound a little unbalanced? Naturally, you want someone to love and respect you, but you love them for who they are. Furthermore, I think being married to him before she fell in love with him put a lot of pressue on Lois. Besides her natural distrust of marriage, I think she thought she was supposed to love him. That's why she felt guilty about the situation. (And why she tried to force herself to have sex with him before she was ready.) But real love is not "I'm supposed to love him because he's my husband", it's "I love him because I do." And I think Lois knew this, subconciously anyway. That maybe another reason why it took her so long to open up to him. She wanted to make sure she really loved him, not have other people convince her that she did.

Naturally, as I said, a lot of this has arleady been dealt with in the story. I would have posted it earlier, but I only been registered for a few weeks. It's just some of the more recent comments set me off again. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
Sara

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
wildguy wildguy
Well after your earlier remarks in the feedback posts I can't say I am surprised.

It is also clear that Clark and Lois will be forced to sit back and do nothing about it.

Any expose of Luthor simply will not stick. They don't have the time or the contacts to expose Luthor in the three (3) remaining parts.

What do I think the author is going to do to us?

When the child is born Luthor will of course kidnap it and do a dna test. When it is found positive for him being the the father he will obtain legal custody.

Either he will present another woman as the mother or he will discredit Lois.

In any case he will set it up so there will be no legal way Lois or Clark can prevent him.

There isn't time enough for Luthor to be exposed and Carol is too skillful to do a quickie death.

Even stranding Luthor somewhere won't work because sooner or later Lois will have to answer the child's questions about his real father.

I think it is about time for the Nightfall asteroid to appear, Superman flies up to stop it and disappears.

On Earth Lois can't believe he's dead, and of course she's right, the New Kryptonians appeared early and scooped up Superman in space and departed with him. He wakes up with no memory and they "educate" him.

Since there is no Superman to protect the Earth against the remaining bits, they hit and do damage. In this verse they are not as big so only cause minor damage, perhaps the New Kryptonians blew up the bigger chunks before leaving with Kal El.

One chunk takes out the Daily Planet, Perry, Alice, Lucy & Jimmy.

Left alone her child stolen her husband missing, everyone she cares about dead she works to bring Luthor down and reclaim her child.

=======
Now I can be easy about what comes next. My worst case above is far worse that anything Carol will toss at us. peep

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
I read it and I am still processing my feelings about this chapter. There was a lot to take in.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice part. Liked the mistaken kidnapping and the debut of Supes. I still chuckle at that 'here to help' line from the show--so very, very Clark.

I know, I'm probably some kind of princess of darkness here, but I don't mind that she was raped. This doesn't have to turn into a feel-good story; there's always enough of that around to read, and if this is gonna be a little more 'When it rains, it pours', I'm in!

Have to run but will come back later if I start speculating!
wink
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been thinking for a day on if and what to post, so here it goes.

Thanks for clearing it up, Carol. And since Luthor thinks Lois could carry his child, he has raped her. There is no other explanation, and well... So much for that...

I loved your story for parts 1-44. I hoped against hope that Lois punched Luthor or something for the last three parts. Now, well, it's just, I don't know, clinical interest or something since I already read the first 48 parts and it would be strange to just not see it through to the bitter end huh

To me, getting attached to a character only to have her killed/raped later on in the game... that's just too WHAMmy for joy-reading huh Sorry.

I certainly hope you will write a different (i.e. just angsty) sort of story again someday.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
Blogger
I have to agree with the majority here. I was with you through most of this story. I think it started out great. Nice plot line, good writing, excellent detail. It kept my interest going up until the point where it stopped being about Learning to Love and became more about ... other things. Where is the original story that I loved? Where are the letters from Martha, the nightie from her aunt and all that would have represented, the healthy relationship with her husband of six years now. Even Perry and Alice who started out as surragate parents have become more enablers than anything else.

I am so confused as to the point of this story now. Clark Learned to Love a long time ago. He has been a super everything to Lois. Friend, protector, husband, you name it. She, on the other hand, has been sick and selfish and now foolish. I just want the original story back. Not this ... I have no words for what this is now.

Sorry, if I offended anyone but I am very disappointed with this.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey guys - just wanted to let you know that I am going to be away from the boards for a few days. Not really sure how long at this point. Am hoping to make it on long enough to read/comment on ML's TNPLH but that's probably about all I'm going to be able to manage.

See thread in OT about DS' medical for part of the reason why I'm going to be 'afk'.

Thanks smile .
Carol

Blogger
Blogger
Let me preface my remarks by saying that I very much respect your effort as a writer. It's hard work to plot and write a long story and I hope you know that people realize and appreciate that.

I hope you can accept the feedback I'm offering here as constructive and given in the spirit of helping you refine your talents.

I chose to stop reading your story about 20 parts ago. I don't mind a dark story or angst at all, but while reading this I felt like I was being yanked around without a very compelling reason.

Given that we're reading about a man who flies, I understand that a suspension of disbelief is required. But as the action became more fantastical, and the plot twists became more soap-operaish, I began finding more frustration than enjoyment in the story.

I've checked back in a few times since then, but I haven't been able to re-connect to the story.

I think you're both dragging Lois' progress out too long and overusing the threat, fear, and experience of rape. It's too convenient to have her assaulted or raped anytime you need her to have a setback or to lengthen the story. It makes it hard to identify with her feelings when they seem contrived.

I know your characters were young when they married and that Lois had a troubled past, but I just can't get behind the idea that it's taken 6 years and there's very little net progress. I think the situation with Luthor and the baby of suspect parentage are mucking up the works and leading away from what was originally an interesting premise. I think this story has lost its way.

Some people write for an audience, and some folks write for themselves. If you are the former, please take this in the spirit of respectful feedback. If you are the latter, feel free to ignore me. smile I don't mind a bit and these are the only comments I'll make on this matter.

Good luck with your future writing and thanks for sharing your work!

P.S. I hope all turns out well for your DS.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am still liking this story. Yes, it's dark. Yes, it has been a rollercoaster ride. And, at times, Clark has seemed a little unreal in his saintly behavior, but I find Lois to be totally spot on.

When I was 13, I was sexually molested repeatedly by a near-family member. 13 years later, I finally talked to someone about it. 18 years after that, I am still affected by that time, though to a much lesser degree. Time does heal, but it takes it's own sweet time.

But time alone doesn't do it. You need someone that unconditionally loves you. My faith in an Almight God that loves me deeply and later, the love of my wife have been the only things that kept me sane over the last 31 years. (Elisabeth may differ on the amount of sanity wink ).

I totally relate to Lois and think Carol is doing a wonderful job on her, given the circumstances that her Lois was raised in. She has Clark's unconditional love in a real and personal way. The fact that Lois is so 'rapidly' becoming better is a testimony to that.

thumbsup Carol.

BTW, given all the grief that the Lex Luthors of the multi-verse have given the Lois and Clark's of same, I can think of no better revenge than to allow Lois and Clark to raise Luthor's child. Yes, I would have prefered it happened differently, but it didn't.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I thought the answers that Goon 1 supplied made for a very plausible story. This is L&C:TNAoS. I know the fans didn't like the way Deter, The Wedding Destroyer, the NKs and all of that other stuff delayed their wedding and consumation on the series, but somehow it makes the fact that Lois was a random test subject all that more realistic. I also think that they're handling it well, under the circumstances.

I continue to hope for healing.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard