Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, Carol, there you go. You finally got your smoochies laugh

And for all of you thinking that Lane would do the smoochies with Max... Shame on you! laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yes, I got my smoochies and you're making me cry!!!

Send me the rest now and I'll call it even.

And of course he's not gone for good. Can't be.

I'm guessing that Nor and buddies still try to rule all and Clark manages to surreptitiously save the world.

And now it's time for me to go to bed.

So send it on and I'll read it tomorrow...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*Sniffle*

!@##$% you had to end on that heartbreaking line!

Dammit I need a Kleenex, (which of course you should translate into 'great part'),
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
wow.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap
See, I knew it, ML.

I can't wait two days to finally be seeing Deter and Lois being together they way they should have been in the show.
Her knee automatically came up, connecting solidly with a very sensitive location. He groaned loudly, rolling off her to lie in a heap on the floor, tenderly clutching his vitals.
And they never did have Lois knee Deter smile

“Well, after I rescued them and Dr. Klein reversed the shrinking formula and got them back to their right size, I went over to Max’s place to make sure he was all right. I think he must have decided that it was probably a good idea if I didn’t exactly... like him anymore.”

“Well, given everything he’d been through since meeting you, I guess I can understand that. Either you’re beating him up or someone is shrinking him and locking him in a doll house.”

“You don’t have to sound quite so pleased about it,” Lois responded.

“Sorry.” He didn’t even try to sound sorry.
notworthy

“I can remember that moment as if it were yesterday,” Lois said softly. “I felt as if the world had just come to an end.”

“Why? I mean, we weren’t even together.”

Lois raised her eyebrows, looking at him as if he were an idiot.

And maybe he was. “Okay, dumb question.”
Oh this is just too good.

“Of course you’ve been in here before, Clark. You come here every time I run out of legal pads.”
Okay, this one is so Lois and so dirty at the same time. So, does this mean married LnC only get to get some office nookie when she runs out of legal pads? Or does she *run out of legal pads* when she wants to get some office nookie? wink

There is just one thing I have no idea about: How are you going to play New Krypton and Lord Nor?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Her knee automatically came up, connecting solidly with a very sensitive location. He groaned loudly, rolling off her to lie in a heap on the floor, tenderly clutching his vitals.

“Oh, god,” Lois gasped. “I didn’t mean...” Her voice trailed off. She had no idea what she was doing. She loved this man so much, but when he kissed her, when he touched her, something inside her rebelled.
three words: Thank you Jesus (aka ML)

I absolutely adored this chapter. So much heartache and hope. I can't wait to see how season 4 goes!!!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I haven't left a comment in quite sometime because I've been a little busy but I have been promptly reading every part/chapter. I'm very happy that some of my prediction came true and that that some of my less pleasant ones didn't. One question, I've noticed that there has been a fair amount of nookie (of course more is always welcomed) but no ancient curse coming true. If the soul mates principle holds shouldn't there also have been some terrible tragedy occurring after that fist time?

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh that was heart breaking. How sad for Kent that he didn't have the support system in this reality that Clark had when he had to leave for NK.

Thank you for the short part about Deter, he lived up to the expectations I had for him.

Wonderful job.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Great part smile1

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I was thinking about this when I was all bleary eyed at 2am and up with DS1.

If this wasn't being told through flashbacks, I'd think that Lois got pregnant here, but since it is and there's no evidence of a child anywhere... Surely Clark would have mentioned that to his parents.

I was thinking something else too, but I'm coherent now and I'm not sure what it was, so if you'd send the rest to that very special "ML FIC" spot in my inbox, I'd be happy to see if anything else in it jogs my memory...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The ending of season 3 always gets me on tears. It was no different with the altered reality. mecry At least they had some loving and sweet moments. [Linked Image]

Deter got what he deserved! YAY! devil

Is Lois going to be Lord Kal-El's concubine? wink I hope so. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Well we know Clark will return (there are those notes they found from Lois, still to be explained) but the question is, how long will he be away?
I'm also curious to see what sort (if any) of role Lord Nor has in this reality.
Plus I'm still hoping that Lois's new apartment is something to do with the two of them having a secret affair and this will all be revealed soon...like in one huge part...or smaller parts everyday wink

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Dammit I need a Kleenex, (which of course you should translate into 'great part')
Good thing you gave me the translation. I never knew that 'Dammit I need a Kleenex' meant 'great part.' I'll have to remember that in the future. laugh

wow
Thanks, Sarahg. Now, see... I immediately knew that meant 'great part.' laugh

So, does this mean married LnC only get to get some office nookie when she runs out of legal pads? Or does she *run out of legal pads* when she wants to get some office nookie?
Or... it could mean that Clark goes to the storage room to get her new legal pads when she runs out laugh

One question, I've noticed that there has been a fair amount of nookie (of course more is always welcomed) but no ancient curse coming true. If the soul mates principle holds shouldn't there also have been some terrible tragedy occurring after that fist time?
Really good point! I missed that completely. Okay, so... damage control. Let's see, how do I deal with this?

Hmm... well, there's always the option of the easy out (where I put at the beginning of my story that there is no soulmate curse). But... what about this?

In our reality, Lois and Clark were told that the curse would kick in when they 'consummated.' So the definition of consumated according to the online dictionary I use is:

to make (a marriage) actual by sexual intercourse
So the only time the curse would kick in would be if they were married and then consummating their marriage. Premarital nookie would not be caught by the curse. (How's that for some quick stepping around the issue? Does that work for you? laugh )

And to all of you... I'm glad that you're still enjoying this. And thanks so much for letting me know.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Anyway, datchickukindaknow, after thinking about your comments and my possible solution, I've gone back and added this to my story (in the last part):

Without conscious thought, her hand grabbed onto that of her husband. But then, something else came to the forefront of her mind. “But, Clark, the curse!”

Clark shook his head, not immediately understanding what she was getting at.

“In our reality, we learned that Tempus cast a curse on us that anytime we... you know... something horrible would happen to me. So...”

“How come you haven’t been struck down by some horrible illness yet?”

Lois nodded.

Clark thought about that for a moment before rising to his feet. He left the conference room for a moment. When he returned, he had the dictionary off of Lois’ desk and was leafing through it. “I thought so,” he finally said, before looking up at his wife.

“What?”

“Well, when Wells interrupted our honeymoon, he said that the curse came into effect every time we would consummate. At the time, I thought he was just a little shy about saying ‘have sex.’ But what if he actually meant ‘consummate?’”

“So?”

“Well, according to this...” He held up the dictionary. “...the definition of consummate is: ‘to make a marriage actual by sexual intercourse’ so...”

“...the curse would only come about if we were married and attempting to consummate,” Lois completed. She gave her head a shake. “Tempus really was twisted. Premarital nookie is fine, but try to do it right and wait for marriage...”

“And you die.”

She gave her head another shake. There was little point in worrying about any of that now. The curse had obviously not kicked in - and Clark’s explanation made as good a sense as anything. She turned her mind back to the past. “Anyway, I can remember what happened after we made love...”
ML wave

Columnist
Columnist
Nice addition ML. That really works for the chapter.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What cp says smile The funny thing is, given how it had been the 1200s or so, it might not even have been conceivable to Tempus that she might have sex before marriage laugh Isn't that wonderful irony?

Or, since the curse was lifted in a time before they destroyed the time line, it wouldn't even matter, because that part wasn't altered. Temporal dynamics are such great things, aren't they?

And the third option would be to interpret it a bit more loosely. They consummated their love and got punished for it by ending up as Romeo and Juliet laugh Also shown in various other fics where they end up in all sorts of whammy situations when they get ahead of themselves wink

Well, just some musings after the fact on one of the most intriguing points for writing fanfic.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb... the scenes between Max and Lois were fantastic and delightful laugh

And the end of season 3.... wow! heart-wrenching! Lois' tears during their making love... thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just because I'm posting right now. Nine more hours till season four. Yay smile And don't you forget it, ML wildguy

Michael

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, your handling of the Deter situation was absolutely brilliant. I was laughing so hard that I was almost in tears. "I love only you!" *slap*

It was perrrfect. And the fact that justice got served as well was a much welcomed added boon. What he was doing and attempting to do to was complete violation.

I'm glad we got to talk about Vickie in this part as well. I see her as a tie to their 'real' reality and the fear that they could lose that is what makes things urgent for them.

I'm also glad that Lois believed Clark about the New Krypton (and not just because it led to nookie... but maybe mostly, lol). She didn't get to see Zara or anything, but she accepted his story. So she *trusts* him... she just doesn't trust him. Or something like that.

Thank you for the story, you are giving me a much appreciated tool for distraction and procrastination from coursework.

~Sonia

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Or, since the curse was lifted in a time before they destroyed the time line, it wouldn't even matter, because that part wasn't altered. Temporal dynamics are such great things, aren't they?
Interesting. I might toss that possibility in there, too. As for temporal dynamics being a great thing... Well, if what you mean is 'Do I like having a headache?' well, yeah. It is a great thing laugh

So there was no Tez the assassin, which means Clark didn't take as much time to make up his mind as he did in the original reality
Well, he didn't have nearly as much to think about in this reality - until after he had already made a commitment.

Nine more hours till season four. Yay And don't you forget it, ML
Well, I've got a bit of a problem. I got a new anti-virus program. My old one... Every day at midnight, it would remind me to register. So I could know when it was time to post (assuming I was at the computer). My new one doesn't do that. So...

Anyway, if I'm late, just post. It will ding my computer when the email comes in and will remind me that I'm late in posting.

Although... I'm having some problems editing this section. Hopefully, it will be finished by midnight tonight, but... no promises.

So she *trusts* him... she just doesn't trust him.
Yep. That just about sums it up laugh

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard