Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Nice update.

Will Lois or Clark put the pieces together that it might have been Lex that drugged her? Especially after he confirmed meeting her before and them dancing together in Tokyo.

Looking forward to reading Part 48.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay for the early post! Congrats on your son's birthday as well!

This was a fantastic part (Chapter? Section? Whatever, ML has me all confused now.) I thought the scene where the baby kicked/fluttered for the first time where both Lois and Clark could feel it was absolutely adoreable. Reminded me of my best friend. When she found out she was pregnant with her son (ironically, as a result of the birth control/antibiotics combo), she kept saying in awe, "there's a little tiny person in there."

And I could prehaps be reading too much into it because of wishful thinking, but is Lois' reporter's instincts starting to register a little something about Luthor that isn't right? I know she is obviously uncomfortable around him, just as she was the first time, but her line about it not being any more memorable than the last dance makes me wonder what is going on in her head.

Overall, a great chapter-part, Carol. I'm starting to get over the whole maybe-rape thing with Luthor (I told you I was reserving judgement until I saw how it played out.) Can't wait for more!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois was already wary of Luthor before Tokio. So no hidden rape-memory slowly surfacing. Luthor (or more likely, Nigel) sure knows his drugs. And I guess it's better if she only remembers once they no longer at the shindig. Getting blood and brain matter out of a tux is just so incredibly hard. huh

Loved the banter and happy stuff in between.

The one thing that's a bit hard on me is the fact that every time they go to a society event, there is a natural disaster. I know, it's fiction and stuff, but the reason why LnC attracted so much trouble on the show was because they were constantly investigating criminals. It just seems like the laws of probabilities don't apply for LnC huh Which is great whenever it's not something so hard-hitting huh

And are we going to see their shopping trip and Mayson in Lucy's Story?

Yay and thanks for posting again today. Looking forward to Monday smile

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Carol,
Thank you so much for the quick posts. I have had a horrible week with my grandma in the hospital and not knowing how much longer she has...

...so I have just been sneaking in and reading real quick. I too like the progress Lois and Clark are making. I am not all that thrilled about the pregnancy but I am sure there is a reason for it. wink

I am glad that Jimmy and Clark got things taken care of. It is always wonderful seeing them acting so mature. As for Lucy and her curiosity, I couldn't help but laugh . Poor Lois! I still hope that she will remember her first time at some point (and I am still hoping that her first time was with Clark, sue me! goofy )

Feeling the baby move for the first time was sweet, definitely casing an increase in their excitement. thumbsup

I was worried when I heard that Luthor would be at the function ( spider ) but relieved that Perry showed up in time. I see an investigation coming up.

I am ready for more! Clark, hurry back!

Natascha
Clark, hurry back!

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Why do I hope that they will find out that Luthor was the one who had her drugged and that they will take him apart, at least figuratively? If it were me, he would never have the chance to try that with someone else -- physically that is -- but I'm not nearly as nice as Clark.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Columnist
Columnist
I guess I expect too much from Lois but I was happy when she finally seemed excited about feeling the baby kick.

Nice to see Perry step with Luthor. I just can't see him rape Lois the first time he met her.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Luthor is a snake, period.

Nice posting.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark looked skeptical. "I can't see Luthor needing to drug women though. From what I've heard, he's quite the playboy. Discreet, but a playboy."
My thought exactly. Luthor must have dozens of women at his feet. He wouldn't need to drug a woman and take all the risks that come with this. Furthermore, in the show he was trying to win Lois because he knew Superman had feelings for her and because she was a famous investigative reporter, a danger to him. In this story Lois isn't even famous (she's just a beginner travel writer) and Superman hasn't been created yet. So, why would he bother? huh

"Tell me about it," Clark said wryly, knowing that Dr. McCorkle's instructions wouldn't have mattered anyway.
So true. So frustrating. Poor, poor Clark. frown

"Well, Ms. Lane, we danced and you enjoyed yourself very much."

Lois suddenly felt the chills again. "In my private life it's Mrs. Kent, Mr. Luthor. I'm a married woman."

"And your husband? Where is he?"

"He had to step out for a moment. He should be back shortly."

"Ah, he's left you alone again, Ms. Lane?"
If she doesn't put things together with the 'Ms. Lane' comments, I give up on her! wallbash

I'm still hoping that Lois wasn't raped and that something hits her head and makes her remember that night. devil

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gah what a creeper Lex Luthor is. Completely turns me off to anyone with that much alliteration.

Great part, Carol. :p
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Blogger
Blogger
Yay!! new chapter!! Boo Luthor is back. That man needs to die and stay dead. I agree with In4Adventure, I hope that Lois's first time was with Clark and Luthor had some other nefarious reason for drugging her.

I'm VERY glad that they felt the baby move and are moving towards excited instead of "what if".

Looking forward to 48. smile1

Here…poke that.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The baby moving for the first time was sweet. The best part was that they shared the moment. Brings back some sweet memories of my own.

The basketball game was fun, as was the movie. Clark wonders if he'll ever win again and Jimmy wonders if his good buddy cheats on occasion--an interesting contrasting. It seems as if Clark can't win for trying with friends like he has wink .

I'm glad that Perry is looking out for Lois, even if the only thing it does is give Lois confidence.

Will read the next part soon.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard