Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was hilarious, Beth. The banter. Oh, the banter. grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I think I hurt myself.

That's the funniest thing I read in quite a while! I especially liked Jay's reaction to Ellie's explanation of her costume.

“Well, it doesn’t really make sense until I go like this,” I explained, ripping one of the ‘DNA’s off me and sticking it onto Jay. He still looked confused. “I’m prokaryotic horizontal gene transfer,” I told him.
All of it was great, including Samantha's "losing the pool" because Jay wasn't a geek. And, like Darth, I'd like to read about the rest of the evening. When is "Strength 8.51" going to be released?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I laughed hysterically again - but you know I loved this wink . Would love to see them run into the real Sman later [but in public so he has to be all polite and stuff]. Yeah - it just came to me. 8.5.1 works for me wink .

Carol

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

As long as the missing scenes are as well done as this one, you can go backwards, forward or sideways. The conversation between them was funny, as was Ellie's costume. Jay has a wicked sense of humor.

BJ

Columnist
Columnist
Hey, thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

As you know, Jay's costume was Carol's idea (although Jay is wearing it about 20 years later than she originally thought), but Ellie's costume is the result of about two hours of internet research, first on halloween costumes, and then on genetics when I couldn't find anything geeky enough to use and had to come up with my own idea. Glad to see it was appreciated.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of an 8.5.1. You've tickled my muse, that's for sure. Which is very annoying when I'm trying to write a heartfelt scene with Jay and anther character who shall remain nameless at the moment.

Anyway, thanks everyone for leaving comments.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh, what a turn off, looking at your boyfriend dressed up like your father! At least she doesn’t have to worry about keeping her hands of him for the night.

“Well, I guess that means I loose the pool. You’re definitely not a nerd. I can tell just by looking at you.”
Maybe in Metropolis, in real life if you meet a man dressed as Superman in a cosplay convention, the first thing you’re going to think is “geek”! Of course you would be considered a geek too for attending a cosplay convention. :rolleyes:

“I bet ten to one that outfit gets some more action tonight after the party, right?” Samantha nudged Jay with her elbow.
Ellie getting some action with Superman, this is disturbing! What would Freud have to say about that? Anyway, I like Samatha, she is funny, she and Jay know just how to tick Ellie off.

“It’s never a good idea to leave an open flame unattended at a party,” I cautioned them. “It’s best to stick with electric lights.” It was a bit of a sanctimonious speech, I thought. But it was expected of me, so I had to deliver it.
She sounds so much like her father!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard