Next Thread
Print Thread
#53830 07/14/08 08:53 AM
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
The ability to heal quickly has always been a double-edged sword. On the one hand, he heals quickly. On the other hand, it's impossible to explain.

Elisabeth

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm a little disappointed. I had hoped that, as Superman's physician, Dr. Klein might have spotted some really suspicious similarities between Superman and Clark.

Oh well! I hope that Lois will put two and two together herself. Why is Clark healing so fast? Lois saw his wound when it was new. You have shown us some sweet scenes where Lois and Clark have been not all that far away from making love. I'm not going to try to persuade you to take your story into any particular direction in that department wink , but I might point out that it would be possible for Lois and Clark to have a not-too-heavy making-out session that might reveal to Lois that Clark has indeed healed more quickly than what is humanly possible. Therefore, he has to be Superman himself, and therefore Superman can't be dead! For that matter, it may not even be necessary for them to make out for Lois to make that connection, considering what Clark told her at the end of this part:

Here, touch my abdomen, it's barely even sensitive.”
You told me that your story resembled the Bible somehow, and I have been wracking my brains to figure out how. So let me suggest this, then:

Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust [it] into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. (John 20:27)
Lois is hardly an unbelieving Thomas (or maybe some people would insist that she is?) but if she touches Clark's side, like Thomas touched Jesus' side, then maybe she can come to some conclusions?

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I can't believe that Dr. Klein missed the similarities between Clark Kent and his only patient.

Seems like Lois isn't the only one who can't see the forest for the trees.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Well, Ann, I was talking about Cain and Abel.

It makes me a little sad that you don't seem to like my story. Obviously it wasn't such a good idea to bring Dr. Klein back, though there were times when people asked me to do it.

Anyway, it's too late to change the story and I know that I made at least Tahu happy.

I don't see how make-out sessions would work in this context though. I cannot imagine that Clark - faced with the accusations and still believing in his being guilty could make out with Lois under the circumstances. That wouldn't be like Clark and I know that if I would write such things, then you'd point out how it wasn't like Lois or Clark to stop investigating on order to make love.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You were right, Barbara, this was different. Doc Klein seemed a bit OOC to me. Never pegged him for one who would get annoyed like that huh But I can see how he wouldn't recognize Clark as Superman. At least in this easily annoyed version of Doc Klein.

Michael smile

PS: And it's great to see you're posting this so frequently.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It makes me a little sad that you don't seem to like my story. Obviously it wasn't such a good idea to bring Dr. Klein back, though there were times when people asked me to do it.
No, no, you misunderstand me! I like your story a lot! I just hoped that Dr. Klein would put and two together. But I will very much appreciate it if Lois figures out Clark's Superman identity for herself.

I do like your story very much and look forward to the next chapter! thumbsup

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Dr. Klein never noticed in the serie although he and Clark met frequently. He is annoyed with the situation and Superman is believed dead who would think about Clark being Superman in this situation? Lois on the other hand is on an emotional rollercoaster. She got Clark back after believing he left her, Clark lost his memory and Superman is dead. She never noticed it when it hit her on the head. Why should she now? She has to come clean with her feelings about Superman's death and her feelings for Clark, I think it is enough to deal with.

Bakasi I love your story, you know I do and I am so proud that you've finished it. smile1

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard