Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
E
Cute. Still, even with Katie Bank's giving Lois that extra edge I have a hard time believing Clark only managed third place. When would Samantha Carter, USAF, have enough free time to learn how to cook? Besides, Sizzling Caesar Salad sounds yummy!

Elisabeth

Columnist
Columnist
I don't have a complaint about the second place winner. I took home ec in jr. high and also starting then had to help with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I know my junior year in high school that I had to do the Thanksgiving dinner for the family and no one could tell that my mother hadn't cooked it. That year I also started cooking dinner every so often because of my big mouth complaining about the same old recipes. So my mom told me to go for it and I was cooking things like stuffed pork chops in a mushroom sauce when I was 17 years old. So surely the Officer (an adult) could be capable of making a second place dinner.

So yes it is a cute story. I can picture Clark obsessing over not winning but I do have a problem with Lois winning. She learned a bit of cooking from Katie Banks but I never got the impression that she became a great cook after that episode. So to have Lois win a cook off against Clark seems to be stretching things a bit far - in my humble opinion. Still cute but a little unbelievable.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, honey. You know that I love both dishes that Clark made. See below about third place.

Originally posted by kmar:
So yes it is a cute story. I can picture Clark obsessing over not winning but I do have a problem with Lois winning. She learned a bit of cooking from Katie Banks but I never got the impression that she became a great cook after that episode. So to have Lois win a cook off against Clark seems to be stretching things a bit far - in my humble opinion. Still cute but a little unbelievable.
Thanks Kmar. Though that would be a good reason for Col. Carter for being a good cook, there is another reason or two why she is a good cook, which will be explained in part 2 of this three part story.

Besides, in this particulare alternate version of LnC, Lois retained a LOT of what Katie had to offer. More so than in actual canon.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard