Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Barbara, I loved how Lois is waking up to Clark. That was just so awwwww.

This part includes a WHAM. I thought I should warn you.
[...]
Superman was dead.
*pulls on cigar while swiveling around in leather chair.*

Me: "I haven't seen a single wham in there, Nigel. Have you?"

Nigel: No, Sir. Superman is dead.

Me: You're right. Superman is dead and everything is alright in world.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Excellent story. I loved this part. It's so interesting to see Clark with Lois, even when he doesn't remember anything.

Columnist
Columnist
So the Queen of Cliffhanger is back. :-) You know I love this story with all my heart.

So where are the wild theories? Why is he dead?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey this is really getting good. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part, Barbara!

I absolutely loved the tender waffy scene between Lois and Clark in bed in the morning. It was incredibly sweet and lovely.

There is something disturbing and ominous about Lois and Clark's dreams. I remember Lois's dream from the previous version of this story, where she also dreamed that Superman killed Clark. In addition I also remember the news that Superman was found dead, although if you say that Superman has not been split off from Clark and does not have a separate existence, then it is clear that the man in the valley in the Superman suit isn't Superman. The question is, of course, who he would be. Why would he wear the Superman suit? And why is he dead? Is there someone - Lex??? - who wants to make the world believe that Superman is dead?

Clark's dream was really scary. I don't remember it from the previous version of this story, although that may be because my memory is faulty. Anyway, Clark most definitely dreams of being exposed to kryptonite. Clark doesn't remember that he is Superman, and he doesn't seem to know what kryptonite is, although he does remember the pain it brings:

Instead of getting information he had been welcomed by an all too familiar wave of pain.
Clark's dream seems to be built on jumbled memories. It does seem as if he was lured into a trap, where he was subjected to kryptonite and was captured. Well, that explains why Clark has no powers, because we know that kryptonite can rob him of his powers for a long time. And the reason for why he is hurt could be that he got his injuries while he was escaping.

Indeed, mysteries abound! Come back soon with the next part!

Ann

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your nice feedback.

You're right, Ann. Clark's dream was not part of the former version of this story. Neither were the Henderson and Jonathan and Martha parts.

Instead, Superman had been witnessed doing cruel things. I removed that, because it made the story so complicated. The idea had helped me create this story, but it had out-lived its usefulness, so to speak.

Michael, I love your comment about Lex Luthor. It was hilarious and so very in character. clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard