Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, it's Monday so I guess I can post this part. Alright, so maybe it's very early on Monday morning, but today looks as if it's going to be busy, so I figured I should get this next part out of the way.

Hope you enjoy.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I love this tale, and this was another well done part.

But much as I am enjoying it, I wonder if it would not be even better as a complete AU?

Maybe sometime in the future you could think about taking out the frame, filling in the gaps and making it a rather long AU tale?

I love the way without Superman in the way, nothing, and I mean nothing, stops the attraction between Lane and Kent.

BTW that end of season one in the last part, are you planning to go through all four seasons?

Framework4
Columnist
Columnist
Yea! Season 2 is here. The flower and note from Lois was so sweet. How could you leave us standing at her door looking at Clark!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And we're back to cliffhangers. ML, you're not by any chance addicted on the tension dripping off of your readers, are you?

Lois shrugged. “Well, hey, better that than me guessing the truth. I hate to think what I might have done with it.”
Wait. Is this a *hint*. Of course it's hint. ML, doesn't type a single word without a hidden meaning. So Lois knows. Probably since the end of season 2, right? Right? RIGHT? RIGHT?

She rushed for the door, throwing it open only to stare in shock at the man standing on the other side.

“Kent,” she whispered, suddenly lost in a pair of soft brown eyes.**
Lois is *fired*. Lois is emotionally down. Clark is there. Are you going to cause her to have stretchmarks, ML? Are they going to find Vicky and her sitter when they get home to Regina (?) Street?

Come on. Don't leave us hanging like this. grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You are pure evil.

Send it on into my inbox and we'll call it even wink .
Carol

S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Argh!! I can't take the suspense! Any chance on the next part being posted tomorrow?

notworthy

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I'm hearing Debbie Gibson in my head: "I get lost in your eyes, and I feel my spirits rise..."

Yes, I actually remember Debbie Gibson. And New Kids, but let's not dwell on that.

Wonderful chapters, MLT. Still loving it! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
But much as I am enjoying it, I wonder if it would not be even better as a complete AU?
I actually tried writing an AU with the premise that Lois and Clark worked for rival papers. And after more than 100 pages, I finally made it through the pilot episode eek . At that point, I knew that to tell this story, I was going to have to approach it differently.

So... like a stone skipping across the water, I'm giving you the highlights. The other option just wasn't an option - unless I wanted to make this story a full time job for the next four years laugh .

ML, doesn't type a single word without a hidden meaning.
That's not true. I've typed the word 'and' several times without having a hidden meaning. laugh

Any chance on the next part being posted tomorrow?
Well, tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada so I suppose it's possible that I'll get a chance to post the next part tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad you're still enjoying this story.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The rose was so sweet... [Linked Image]

But you can't leave us there! Pleeease! I can't hang for long! [Linked Image]

Well, tomorrow is a holiday here in Canada so I suppose it's possible that I'll get a chance to post the next part tomorrow sometime.
YAY!!! smile1

Is it tomorrow yet? :p

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by MLT:
I actually tried writing an AU with the premise that Lois and Clark worked for rival papers. And after more than 100 pages, I [b]finally made it through the pilot episode eek . At that point, I knew that to tell this story, I was going to have to approach it differently. [/b]
I see, well drat! I was hoping to see a scene where Clark tells off Perry. Maybe because this Perry has been quite the petty vindictive little tyrant.

“I’m not interested in anything Mr. Kent might have to say,” White responded. “And if he ever sets foot in this building again, I want him forcibly removed.”
and so forth

Framework4
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Go easy on Perry, Framework. After all, you don't yet know why he feels that way. Once you do, I think you'll tend to agree with Perry. In fact, you might even find yourself questioning how Lane can even stand to talk to Kent. laugh

ML wave

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by MLT:
Go easy on Perry, Framework. After all, you don't yet know why he feels that way. Once you do, I think you'll tend to agree with Perry. In fact, you might even find yourself questioning how Lane can even stand to talk to Kent.
So when Lois does recall what evil thing Clark did to Perry, clearly she'll drop him in a hot second in spite of their shared memories and a few weeks later she won't remember ever thinking it happen differently.

So sorry about Vicky.

BTW it is really hard to picture something that excuses Perry's attitudes. You are writing him as such an unpleasant nasty person.

**“All right, people. Listen up,” Perry said, causing everyone crowded into the conference room to fall silent. “As of this moment, The Daily Planet and The Star are at war. Anyone caught fraternizing with the enemy better have their resume all polished up and ready to go, because you’ll be fired and singing Heartbreak Hotel quicker than the King can tune his guitar. Do I make myself clear?”....Good. Because I’m not fooling here, folks. Any Daily Planet employee caught as much as giving a Star employee a pen at a press conference is gone.”
I'd expect some lawsuits if he did discharge someone.

Framework4
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
There were some very sweet moments in this portion. The rose that chose to be bought. The fact that when "Lane" is down and out "Kent" is there for her.

My favorite scene, though, is where she takes his face in her hands to reassure him of their love for each other, afraid they would be bewitched by the dual memories. Intense.

Elisabeth

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great part as always. I'm a little scared to where this story is going. It seems that you might actually take us through the whole four seasons and maybe past that, I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand it would make this story longer and I don't want it to end anytime soon but I have this feeling like you're gonna wait till you go through most of the show before you reveal what happened and I don't know if I can stand the suspense. I'm scared of what we'll find when we get to Lois' apartment, maybe she is married and has moved on with her life and on that note how can we be sure that Clark hasn't.

I'm getting the sense from the story that what Clark did to Lois or what everybody thinks he did is something beyond horrible like rape and then this made me wonder.
Go easy on Perry, Framework. After all, you don't yet know why he feels that way. Once you do, I think you'll tend to agree with Perry. In fact, you might even find yourself questioning how Lane can even stand to talk to Kent. [Big Grin]
I hope I'm wrong and its not nearly that bad so please come back here and show me that I'm reaching way too far.

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
S
sjp Offline
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
The longer the story, the better as far as I'm concerned. Im gripped! Can't wait for the next part! hyper

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I hope I'm wrong and its not nearly that bad so please come back here and show me that I'm reaching way too far.
Keep in mind that I have to keep people's characters the same. So Clark isn't going to start raping people.

People are all just responding to different stimuli - but, hopefully, they are still acting in character.

For now... think how Perry might treat Luthor if Luthor had still been in power after they had discovered what he had done to Perry's precious Daily Planet.

Anyway, next part should be posted in the next few minutes.

ML wave

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard