Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It's great to see you back with this, Barbara!

It did feel like deja vu to read the second half of this, the Clark part, because of the unforgettable scene where Clark is confused, lost, hurt and without any memory of who he is, let alone where he is. And then suddenly he sees this:

He noticed something on the ground that didn't look like it belonged to this place. It didn't look like garbage - at least he thought it didn't. It was more like a dark form that resembled a man. But with the lack of light he couldn't be sure. As he approached the shape, he realized there was indeed a person lying on the ground. It was a man who wasn't moving at all. He hoped that the man was breathing. Carefully, he kneeled down beside the large frame. He knew that he should search for a pulse. Waves of dizziness washed through him as he leaned forward. He touched the man's neck and felt something wet. Suddenly his hand was set on fire in an intense jolt of pain. He gasped for air, struggling to remain on his feet instead of giving into the agony.
Clark sees a seemingly lifeless man on the ground, and when he touches him he experiences dizziness and an intense jolt of pain!

Who is that man? Why does he affect Clark like that?

I remember the last time you started on this story. You made me think that that other man was Superman, who had somehow been split away from Clark. And if I remember, that Superman was an ominous character.

You write a wonderful Clark and a wonderful Lois! I feel such sympathy for both of them. I'm very glad that you are back with this story, and I'm so eager to see how you will resolve it, Barbara!
clap

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I think last time around I came late to the story, and slowly put the pieces together myself instead of starting from the beginning.

But now I'm glad to see this and am excited to read this from the start. I'm a huge sucker for amnesia fics, so you can count on me reading this enthusiastically.

Columnist
Columnist
I read the update but not the rest of the story, so I am off to find the first chapters. I am dying to know what happened to get Clark into the alley but I will go back and read the story from the start.

This chapter was a real attention grabber, can't wait to find out more. hyper

Columnist
Columnist
you posted. I am so glad. This story is great and it definitely needed an ending. So I am glad you did it and you held the promise. :-)

I am proud. smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Glad to see this is back. I still like the confused Clark scenes. I remember Lois waiting a long time for Clark in the original story, but I don't remember Superman's erratic behavior. Anyway, I've decided to judge this new story on its own merits. So far, thumbs up.

Elisabeth

Blogger
Blogger
More please? Soon? smile

[[emilyblayne]]
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting setup, Barbara. Looking forward to seeing how this will come together.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for all those replies. It's great to get feedback, even after such a long absence. I'll return with more of this story as quickly as possible.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard